Race with nicest players?

General Discussion
None. There are nice people that play every race and I feel like I've played long enough to encounter jerks from every race.
06/14/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Seger
draenei players seem pretty polite

I've had the exact opposite experience. Almost every Draenei player I've had any personal interaction with or have witnessed their dialogue between players in groups, Trade or forums, etc has been incredibly condescending and/or rude. To the point I won't even play them. YMMV, though.

I'm sure there's a nice one out there. Maybe.

OT, I've had mostly good experiences with Belves.
I'm clarifying nicest as being friendly and willing to do that side mob/quest in a dungeon.

My experience has shown me:

Alliance: Draenei and Worgen

Horde: Trolls and Orcs.

Most impatient and least likely to help:

Alliance: Night Elf, and Void Elf

Horde: Tauren, and Blood Elf
Race I'm sure has nothing to do with it unless one has kept count who assist you on daily basis. I have found tons of people lend their hand against adds leveling from 1-110 and 110. Very beautiful nice people indeed. Save my booty few times hehehe. Kindness goes a long way. =)
I don't know so much about race, but anyone who is willing to play a healer of any sort is likely a nice person. Talk about a totally thankless job-- and a class whose mechanics totally cut you out of being able to easily engage in a lot of the game experience.

Let's face it-- you aren't going to be soloing old raids or taking out rare elite mobs on a healer class.

So anyone playing such a class is making an active choice to take on a thankless role and have a worse game experience in exchange for helping make other people's game better.

And if they are willing to choose that mechanical role, then it can be expected they are altruistic in other aspects too.

And, no, I am not trying to compliment myself. Although I am a Druid, I am a typical common Boomkin dime-a-dozen trash and haven't the patience to spend more than a single quest using my other specializations.
Goblins seem to stick together. I've healed or been saved by many other goblins.

But, I don't think race actually matters much.
Undead Rogues
Any non pvping pandaren.
Aka, not me.
06/14/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Jestirri
Which race is the nicest players?

Gnomes.
In my experience the nicest players are usually playing the most lighthearted/friendly races.
I rarely encounter Pandaren, Gnomes, or Tauren who are unpleasant.

There is some actual psychology behind this that’s pretty easy to piece out when we apply some logical thought to it.

We, like all animals, have a very visual component to our decision making. We’re very aesthetically oriented, and our aesthetics tend to be a massive part of how we wish to represent ourselves to others. There’s a reason stereotypes exist. A stereotype is created when we see that sort of individual often enough for it to *become* stereotypical.

As a result there actually is something to be said for judging a book by its cover, especially when it comes to things like character creation in MMOs. Your species, your class, your transmog, they all represent a part of yourself which you want to present to others. There are always exceptions to the rule but, very often, what you see is what you get. A character who is designed loudly is likely played by someone who wants to be noticed. A character who is understated is probably played by a casual, and so on.

The trick to this, however, is that you need to know what qualifies as silly for the individual. You might see some Edge Lord looking super goth Blood Elf Death Knight who, once you talk to him, is a lighthearted goofball. The reason he looks like such a Sephirothian Edge Lord is because he’s satirizing the idea.
So, you have to know not just what kind of design elements to look for, but also have to interact with a person before you can really pass judgment on their character species or transmog choices.

That being said, from a statistical view point the more of a Tough Guy motif the species has, the more likely you are to find players playing them who want to be seen as a tough guy. The hardcore types, the elitists, the jerks who get mad at you if you can’t perform perfectly in the dungeon. In contrast, the more goof or light-hearted a species motif is, the more likely you are to find people playing them who are themselves lighthearted and just there to have a little fun.

This will not always be true. But it’s a safe rule of thumb.
Pandaren
Orcs no question :D
Belfs, belfs for sure.
I'd say Tauren on the Horde and Draenei on the Alliance.
I can't say any race is nicer than the next. There are good and bad players in every race. I play pretty much entirely undead characters and I'll always drop what I'm doing to help anyone who asks.
It's absolutely Tauren.
Definitely Tauren, Dwarves and to a lesser extent Worgen.

I find Blood Elves, Void Elves, Gnomes and Draenei to be the most obnoxious.

Since there is such a high population of Blood Elves, them being the only Horde on my list doesn't really matter because there are so many of them.
06/14/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Blackbriar
In my experience the nicest players are usually playing the most lighthearted/friendly races.
I rarely encounter Pandaren, Gnomes, or Tauren who are unpleasant.

There is some actual psychology behind this that’s pretty easy to piece out when we apply some logical thought to it.

We, like all animals, have a very visual component to our decision making. We’re very aesthetically oriented, and our aesthetics tend to be a massive part of how we wish to represent ourselves to others. There’s a reason stereotypes exist. A stereotype is created when we see that sort of individual often enough for it to *become* stereotypical.

As a result there actually is something to be said for judging a book by its cover, especially when it comes to things like character creation in MMOs. Your species, your class, your transmog, they all represent a part of yourself which you want to present to others. There are always exceptions to the rule but, very often, what you see is what you get. A character who is designed loudly is likely played by someone who wants to be noticed. A character who is understated is probably played by a casual, and so on.

The trick to this, however, is that you need to know what qualifies as silly for the individual. You might see some Edge Lord looking super goth Blood Elf Death Knight who, once you talk to him, is a lighthearted goofball. The reason he looks like such a Sephirothian Edge Lord is because he’s satirizing the idea.
So, you have to know not just what kind of design elements to look for, but also have to interact with a person before you can really pass judgment on their character species or transmog choices.

That being said, from a statistical view point the more of a Tough Guy motif the species has, the more likely you are to find players playing them who want to be seen as a tough guy. The hardcore types, the elitists, the jerks who get mad at you if you can’t perform perfectly in the dungeon. In contrast, the more goof or light-hearted a species motif is, the more likely you are to find people playing them who are themselves lighthearted and just there to have a little fun.

This will not always be true. But it’s a safe rule of thumb.

It would have been so awesome if this ended with, “That being said, hands down, most night elf males are jerks.”
06/14/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Ashlar
Not humans. For some reason I get spat by them the most :)

You too? All of the pets I've had killed mid-tame have been human male paladins, most of whom pointed and laughed, and even made alts to laugh at me about it. When I was an alliance hunter, I even had one link me the crystalline tear in a whisper.

As for nicest race, I've found pandas to be pretty chill. Tauren, too. Most draenei are alright, too.