"Artifact Will Remain Locked To Spec."

General Discussion
Actually, it's confirmed that you can transmog the artifact over ALL types of weapons.

Ex: Holly pally can transmog their shield and one-hander to their two-handed artifact skin.

But, yeah, they're still staying spec-locked.
The pure laziness of the devs is sad back then players actually had a reason to want a new expansion now with these devs it seems all they care about is pushing a game out no matter how crappy.
It's so disappointing to have the only displayable bow and quiver be locked to a single hunter spec, especially since this character earned it. Daetur, the character, was entrusted with Thas'dorah.

While it retains its Marksmanship-supporting powers, I understand it being spec-restricted. But now, in BFA, when it is depowered and is nothing more than a mundane bow with history? Why is Daetur the hunter incapable of wielding it like she would any other bow?

Even the classes and specs that have weapons that don't "fit" their other specs- 'fire' weapons for Frost, or 'holy' weapons for Shadow- we already have a multitude of transmogs with those exact themes that can be used by those specs. There's no "sanctity" of "spec look" to preserve.
Their reasoning is moronic as well, "We want to preserve class and spec identity, by seeing Ashbringer you know that's a ret pally."

So they allow warriors to get full dk transmogs from raids and dk's to get full warrior transmogs, and that doesn't ruin class and spec identity? Whatever fits your narrative, right Blizz?
Why is Daetur the hunter incapable of wielding it like she would any other bow?

It's literally because Blizzard is lazy. The official excuse is "animations not lining up." Right.
I thought "class fantasy" was bad when they butchered warlocks but "spec fantasy" is even worse and can go burn in the deepest darkest pits of hell.

We've been stuck with the same druid forms for years, let us have some variety! It's not like people can't tell what spec we are if we all use the same forms, we used to only have one look per form!
What they need to do is consider the fan base and actually listen to us on this. I know the forums arent gonna work but why cant they put a survey on the b net launcher so when you launch wow you get a question and its account based so unless you have 2 seperate accounts you cant keep trying and its a simple should iy be spec locked or class locked and which ever wins thats what happens
Adding my upvote to this.

Two character I love to play are affected by this in a unique way.

My BM hunter always transmogs to bows, however, I won't be able to use any of the lovely MM skins... even though I never play anything BUT BM. As such, I haven't even bothered to get any of the MM skins, since there's no point. Couldn't care less about working on any of the BM skins because ew, guns.

My druid. I generally play resto and balance, but I love the simple black cat form from feral. I hate that when I'm not feral, as a troll, when I'm in cat form I'm stuck with rainbow fur and a neon mohawk. I use feral affinity, so I'm cat form often, and it's one of my biggest 'ughs'.

Class locked, yes. Spec locked, no. Pleeeeease.
06/14/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Mortred
I don't see the point in restricting them, is it really going to be game breaking to have a Holy pally transmog the Flail or a Sub rogue using Ghost blades?

The point in restricting them is to make people who couldn't earn all of them and people who weren't playing at the time feel really bad about the game. Because the more people you have feeling bad about your product, the more profitable it is, right?
I can see the mog apperance for some specs being an issue. mostly with hybrid classes

for example holy pally running around with ashbringer,
a bear druid that looks like a green cat
A BrM that has a healing staff.

now hunters bow, gun swap i can see for either spec

mages dagger/ staff/ sword ( i doubt my mage will ever use a sword agian)

priest dagger/ staff/ (i doubt many preists will use a dagger agian)

rogue swords/ daggers

so i think dps classes can be interchangable

tanks and healers, not so much but that's just my two worthless cents
06/15/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Puzzlepopple
I can see the mog apperance for some specs being an issue. mostly with hybrid classes

for example holy pally running around with ashbringer,
a bear druid that looks like a green cat
A BrM that has a healing staff.

now hunters bow, gun swap i can see for either spec

mages dagger/ staff/ sword ( i doubt my mage will ever use a sword agian)

priest dagger/ staff/ (i doubt many preists will use a dagger agian)

rogue swords/ daggers

so i think dps classes can be interchangable

tanks and healers, not so much but that's just my two worthless cents

What is wrong with a Guardian druid having the glow-cat? Does it make him tank better/worse? It's purely cosmetic.
06/14/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Sinney
It makes sense for some specs but not all.
Ex: mages. Doesn't make a ton of sense to be decked out in fire but have frost instead.

Ex: demon hunters. They're glaives. Covered in fel fire. They don't need to be spec specific

what is the frostfire staff skin for the ebonchill??????
Well at-least you can mog it regardless of weapon type

Which ends the issues related to paladins and druids
06/14/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Stryke
Their reasoning is moronic as well, "We want to preserve class and spec identity, by seeing Ashbringer you know that's a ret pally."

When I see the "class identity" argument I just think about my 2 old guildies, a DK wearing full paladin armor and a paladin with full DK armor.

All in all, yeah. I earned my awesome glowy keg staff, if I wanna have that on my back while healing (which kinda makes sense because Mistweavers have Fortifying Brew) then why shouldn't I?
I can dual wield fish as weapons on my rogue

How about Blizzard drop the autism act and just give the players some choice?
06/14/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Sylvie
Agree. :/ Sucks I cant use the artifact MM bow that would look amazing with my BM’s mog. Only use bow mogs anyhow. If they wanted to give guns to a spec, it should have gone to Marksman...what is this trickery.
Gimme bow pls.

Seriously. I love the artifact MM bow, but the odds of me going MM are the same as Trump getting a phD in quantum physics.
06/15/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Xhal
I can dual wield fish as weapons on my rogue

How about Blizzard drop the autism act and just give the players some choice?

Please tell me where you can get fish daggers? I have to know for the hilarious mogs I have planned.
I'm still not sure why they did this. Appearances should be locked to class, not spec. I would love to use the Holy pally's hidden as Ret, but nope, got make things difficult.
My (class) became the leader of their order and obtained several weapons of renown to aid in the fight against the Burning Legion.

Not my (spec), my (class).

As such, I should be able to use the husks of those weapons as I see fit. Spec locking is a bad decision.
06/15/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Eremel
My (class) became the leader of their order and obtained several weapons of renown to aid in the fight against the Burning Legion.

Not my (spec), my (class).

As such, I should be able to use the husks of those weapons as I see fit. Spec locking is a bad decision.
Exactly. No one in my Order Hall said, "you are Balance, so you can have this weapon only!" They said, "you're a Druid, here's some weapons (PLURAL) you can go find to help!"

I can be Feral Affinity as Resto, but can't look like a meowl when I swap to kitty???? What????