Returning player looking for most cost efficient option

Customer Support
The last expansion that I played was Cataclysm, and I have been inactive since. I'm looking to get back into WoW for BfA, but I'm several expansions behind. What's the best/most cost efficient way to upgrade my account for these expansions?
You can quest now all the way thru WoD as all expansions, except current, are rolled into the base game.

If you prepurchase BFA from Blizzard, you get legion for free.
Old expansions are rolled into the base game for everyone, so you already have everything up to Warlords of Draenor. You should see you game labeled as such in account management.

All you would need to purchase is the Battle For Azeroth + Legion combo. That will bring you up to the latest.
05/27/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Ilse809A81
The last expansion that I played was Cataclysm, and I have been inactive since. I'm looking to get back into WoW for BfA, but I'm several expansions behind. What's the best/most cost efficient way to upgrade my account for these expansions?
If you just add a subscription to what you have you automatically have up to Warlord's of Draenor and you can play to level 100. After that you currently need Legion to go to the Broken Shore and Argus and level to 110. It may be rolled into the base game around the Launch of Battle for Azeroth.

The shop currently has the pre-purchase of BfA that includes Legion for free. That would bring your account to the current content and get you the next expansion (due out August 14) as well.
Quick thing to note: No expansion comes with game time, so you'll need to pay that as well.

And as we get closer to BfA's release, it's likely that Legion will be rolled into the base game, too. So what I'd suggest is leave off upgrading and pay for the subscription to level the rest of your characters to 100. With luck, by then, Legion will have been rolled in and you'd only need BfA.
05/27/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Ilyana
Old expansions are rolled into the base game for everyone, so you already have everything up to Warlords of Draenor. You should see you game labeled as such in account management.

All you would need to purchase is the Battle For Azeroth + Legion combo. That will bring you up to the latest.

Indeed! Welcome back to Azeroth. Feel free to level through the Warlords of Draenor content before you have to purchase any additional expansions. You will need to buy game time though, as usual.