Can Bliz Please Address 2H Frost Directly

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
and BTW to everyone "if dw do less damage per strike, but faster, then 2h must do more damage per strike! do passive for that!" CAN I REMIND YOU WHAT EXACTLY BROUGHT THIS TOPIC TO LIFE? Noone enjoy being bursted in pvp in 2-3 GCD because lucky proc. Why 2h was good for pvp? FOR ABILITY TO BURST YOUR ENEMY. You can like it because YOU played it, but classes who got burned down by you - clearly against it.
06/20/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Kyrios
06/19/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Thrandyr

What is there to address? It's a spec that is exclusively dual wield. Your answer is right in front of you.

There is no evidence or implication that it "might" be anything OTHER than dual wield, other than you entertaining your own ideas that Blizzard should do it because you want it.

You wanting something doesn't make it a priority or something that needs to be "addressed".

The unambiguous answer is no. It's not. You already know the answer.

This post is stupid.

Then it would take Blizzard two seconds to come out and say that. I am just asking for clarification. I am sorry you find that stupid. There are plently of people who do not fine this topic stupid.

Why do they need to come out and say that? You have no reason to expect or think that. Why would they feel the need to deny every flight of fancy the player base has?

I'd imagine Blizzard doesn't want to set the precedent of giving in to the playerbase's whims and that probably is why you're not received an answer. That, and it's a question that never needed to be asked.

I'll say it yet again, there was never any implication or suggestion or any evidence to say that frost would be going back to 2H. You have your answer already, you're just being intentionally obtuse.
06/20/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Almerz

And for "only tmog" - while fury can be easily done ok, frost have problems animationwise - they use off-hand in their animation (for those who tell "then use other animation" you ask yourself "is it worth development time for now?").

You are aware that 2H Frost existed before right? That it was only gone for legion and thus the 2H obliterate and FS animations are still there, no? And that if they were to run into trouble they have 2 2H specs (Blood and Unholy) to take said animations from (like death strike for example), maybe?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take "an entire raid tier" to make said tmog option work and yes it's worth the effort to literally copy/paste the 2 lines (it's probably more but still) of code they're adding for Holy pallies to FDKs when it's a very demanded feature.
06/20/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Hitsugaya
06/20/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Almerz

And for "only tmog" - while fury can be easily done ok, frost have problems animationwise - they use off-hand in their animation (for those who tell "then use other animation" you ask yourself "is it worth development time for now?").

You are aware that 2H Frost existed before right? That it was only gone for legion and thus the 2H obliterate and FS animations are still there, no? And that if they were to run into trouble they have 2 2H specs (Blood and Unholy) to take said animations from (like death strike for example), maybe?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take "an entire raid tier" to make said tmog option work and yes it's worth the effort to literally copy/paste the 2 lines (it's probably more but still) of code they're adding for Holy pallies to FDKs when it's a very demanded feature.

oh i am well aware about this. i still remember how my orc done no other animation during fight only "hammering" opponent from above. EVERY! SINGLE! ABILITY! didn't you missed that WITH LEGION you got ANIMATION UPDATE wich suited for spec?

nah okay - i learned programming a little, i understand that this can be done like something
if weptype = two handed then
{ use animation 2 handed }
else
{ use DW animation }

but i also understand that this is another thing for servers to calculate for every single character. EVERY! EVERY TIME they use ability, or atleast every time character go in combat.

it's also depend on their code of this 14 years old game and what structure it use. Like you see warlocks got their update delayed for 1 expansion! one! can you answer why?

and ALSO they require new particle effects for this abilities. Like blue slice for frost strike.

and because others will shout VERY hard - they must do this for EVERY class and EVERY spec who can use wahtever weapon type they can. And they must do this EVERY time when they want add another ability wich use weapon in it animation.

In paladins case? They have ONE ability wich use their weapon. CRUSADER STRIKE! EXACT SAME ABILITY WITH THEIR OTHER SPEC (retribution). No work needed to add something there, not particles, no flashes, nothing. Both specs have this ability.

P.S. and like hell - our DK don't use piercing animations like rogues for "agility style". They use hack and slash. No pierce (wich can be brutal too if you in example jump on enemy with both weapons and pierce them with all your weight and power), but slices, chops, hacks. Everyone who think DW can't be "power weapon" - well, strange person.
06/20/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Almerz

they require new particle effects for this abilities. Like blue slice for frost strike.

and because others will shout VERY hard - they must do this for EVERY class and EVERY spec who can use wahtever weapon type they can. And they must do this EVERY time when they want add another ability wich use weapon in it animation.

[/quote]

Replying to the parts I believe I have an answer to:

The whole "new animations" thing again can be solved by taking a look at the other 2 specs and how they behave. Need a big 2 rune weapon hit animation? Take a look at festering strike or marrow rend. For Frost Strike? Use the same particle effect you have as DW but with a DS animation and these are just examples. I'm sure there are other ways to solved the problem and of course I'm aware that it's not as simple as flipping a switch on and off but its not "maybe 10 expansions down the line" hard... We're not talking about a new skeleton here.

For all the classes complaining that they too should get the same treatment: let them. Everyone has the right to complain and ask for the same treatment blizzard is giving to H pallies and druids. I think that if a rogue could use a mace while being assassin (I have no idea how it worked for rogues really) then give them the option to do so. Monks? Want to use a polearm again while WW? Sure.

Will all that take time? I wouldn't doubt it. Is it doable and worth it for a better player experience? Of course.
06/20/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Hitsugaya

Replying to the parts I believe I have an answer to:

The whole "new animations" thing again can be solved by taking a look at the other 2 specs and how they behave. Need a big 2 rune weapon hit animation? Take a look at festering strike or marrow rend. For Frost Strike? Use the same particle effect you have as DW but with a DS animation and these are just examples. I'm sure there are other ways to solved the problem and of course I'm aware that it's not as simple as flipping a switch on and off but its not "maybe 10 expansions down the line" hard... We're not talking about a new skeleton here.

For all the classes complaining that they too should get the same treatment: let them. Everyone has the right to complain and ask for the same treatment blizzard is giving to H pallies and druids. I think that if a rogue could use a mace while being assassin (I have no idea how it worked for rogues really) then give them the option to do so. Monks? Want to use a polearm again while WW? Sure.

Will all that take time? I wouldn't doubt it. Is it doable and worth it for a better player experience? Of course.

then maybe you go apply and do this for blizzard? I repeat again - this require WORK. Is it nessesary for CURRENT state and how big this vocal crowd who want this? Only blizzard know.
Like i love when people go "just use X and Y". I want to answer with "Just go and do this". You can freely find their code for game used for private servers. GO AND TRY TO DO THIS! And then we speak after you do this and post your creations on reddit. And don't answer with "it's against ToS". YOU want this asap. Go and do this, send this to blizz, appont for career there, it you think it's easy.
06/20/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Almerz

then maybe you go apply and do this for blizzard? I repeat again - this require WORK. Is it nessesary for CURRENT state and how big this vocal crowd who want this? Only blizzard know.
Like i love when people go "just use X and Y". I want to answer with "Just go and do this". You can freely find their code for game used for private servers. GO AND TRY TO DO THIS! And then we speak after you do this and post your creations on reddit. And don't answer with "it's against ToS". YOU want this asap. Go and do this, send this to blizz, appont for career there, it you think it's easy.

Wish I could man but my coding skills aren't all there also noticed how I never said it was simple or that it could be done right this very second but that it would take time and effort but not the kind of effort that takes a whole new game because again most of the work is there already but again I can't really say.
Both Frost and Unholy could easily use each other weapon animations as placeholder while keeping the particule effect of their own ability with minimum work involved.
Windwalker Monks, Enhancement Shamans and Survival Hunters would like more weapon variety too I guess.
On one hand it hardly matters since they moved all melee dps over to AP from weapon damage.

On the other they have killed the option to use 2H on both specs I liked using 2H on; frost and enhance.
06/20/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Madholm
On one hand it hardly matters since they moved all melee dps over to AP from weapon damage.

On the other they have killed the option to use 2H on both specs I liked using 2H on; frost and enhance.

At this point, at least in my case, it's more about looks and being able to transmog my 1000000 2Hs (and not having to worry about pets) than anything else xD

Current DW plays similar to how I used to play 2Hs (inb4 I get flamed to death for that comment haha) so all that's left for me is just the looks of an actual 2H and not 2x 1Hs
Dear God for shame Blizz could placate paying customers by doing work. What is this madness?!
06/20/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Madholm
No, they didn't. I already covered that misconception earlier in this thread.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764968112?page=3#post-41
06/20/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Ladihoodwink
Dear God for shame Blizz could placate paying customers by doing work. What is this madness?!

Yeah. Fortunately they are busy doing actual important work. I hope. This would be so far down their priority ladder (considering the state more basic things like class balance are in).

I have yet to understand why Frost DKs think they are so important to deserve this amount of work when we are going into B4A with some specs bordering on unplayable.
06/20/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Akston
06/20/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Ladihoodwink

Yeah. Fortunately they are busy doing actual important work. I hope. This would be so far down their priority ladder (considering the state more basic things like class balance are in).

I have yet to understand why Frost DKs think they are so important to deserve this amount of work when we are going into B4A with some specs bordering on unplayable.

Then Blizzard should just simply state that two handed frost is on the radar and will be addressed, but other projects have higher priority at the moment.

Is that acceptable to you? It would be for me.
06/20/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Kyrios
06/20/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Akston

Then Blizzard should just simply state that two handed frost is on the radar and will be addressed, but other projects have higher priority at the moment.

But what if its not? Blizzard doesn't need to come to the forums and say "no" to every suggestion when there has been 0 evidence to support something like this might ever happen.
06/20/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Akston
<span class="truncated">...</span>

But what if its not? Blizzard doesn't need to come to the forums and say "no" to every suggestion when there has been 0 evidence to support something like this might ever happen.

Okay, how about Blizzard only responds to things which a decent number of their customer base verbalize a notable interest in. Like in this case, many Death Knights have a very simple concern and question about Blizzards plans with two handed frost going forward.

Its not like I am asking them to comment on their favorite color or whether or not they love kittens.
Okay, how about Blizzard only responds to things which a decent number of there customer base are concerned about.
Completely agree with this.

Spoiler: It's not 2H frost DK.
06/20/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Dumb
Okay, how about Blizzard only responds to things which a decent number of there customer base are concerned about.
Completely agree with this.

Spoiler: It's not 2H frost DK.

Thanks for the valued feedback.
Blizzard isn't some small group, the class design people arnt the same team that creates animations. You are trying to say that the animation team has so many more important things to do that 2H to DW conversion can't be added to the to do list.

Gtfo and let people request what they want.

Okay, how about Blizzard only responds to things which a decent number of their customer base verbalize a notable interest in. Like in this case, many Death Knights have a very simple concern and question about Blizzards plans with two handed frost going forward.

Its not like I am asking them to comment on their favorite color or whether or not they love kittens.

Works for me. How many people in this thread are requesting this issue?

All 3 of yall?