Can Bliz Please Address 2H Frost Directly

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
06/20/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Ladihoodwink
Blizzard isn't some small group, the class design people arnt the same team that creates animations. You are trying to say that the animation team has so many more important things to do that 2H to DW conversion can't be added to the to do list.

Gtfo and let people request what they want.

Request what you want. I am just pointing out that if you are expecting a response, you will most likely be disappointed.

And frost going to 2h is not purely an animation issue. It involves design and balance and whether or not that lines up with Blizzard "vision".

It would encompass a ton more work than people currently seem willing to admit.
06/20/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Akston
Works for me.

06/20/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Akston
Blizzard isn't some small group, the class design people arnt the same team that creates animations. You are trying to say that the animation team has so many more important things to do that 2H to DW conversion can't be added to the to do list.

Request what you want. I am just pointing out that if you are expecting a response, you will most likely be disappointed.

And frost going to 2h is not purely an animation issue. It involves design and balance and whether or not that lines up with Blizzard "vision".

Thank you for the permission! Much appreciated.
I have absolutely zero problem with him giving his feedback on 2h frost and suggesting blizzard changes that.

Where I have a huge problem is when he repeatedly demands he gets a blue response on his issue. Aside from being against the forum rules, it's like the spoiled 4 year old who keeps pulling on their dad's coat, demanding his attention to show him his favorite crayon when the dad is talking to a group of adults.
06/20/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Dumb
I have absolutely zero problem with him giving his feedback on 2h frost and suggesting blizzard changes that.

Where I have a huge problem is when he repeatedly demands he gets a blue response on his issue. Aside from being against the forum rules, it's like the 4 year old who keeps pulling on their dad's coat to show him his favorite crayon when he's talking to a group of adults.

I never demanded anything. I simply said it would be nice if Blizzard addressed the matter given the flood of threads on the topic in the DK forums. I think thats a reasonable position. You're seeing what you want to see.
06/20/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Kyrios
I never demanded anything. I simply said it would be nice if Blizzard addressed the matter given the flood of threads on the topic in the DK forums. I think thats a reasonable position. You're seeing what you want to see.
No, you've told multiple people in this thread that it doesn't matter what they say, you "request" (read: demand) to specifically hear from blizzard directly.
I just want to know officially, from Blizzard directly, what their long term intention with two handed frost is[...]Rather than everyone outside Blizzard telling me what they "know" Blizzard is doing via their special telekinetic powers.
That's just from the first page, and you do it repeatedly throughout the thread.
06/20/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Kyrios
No, you've told multiple people in this thread that it doesn't matter what they say, you "request" (read: demand) to specifically hear from blizzard directly.
I just want to know officially, from Blizzard directly, what their long term intention with two handed frost is[...]Rather than everyone outside Blizzard telling me what they "know" Blizzard is doing via their special telekinetic powers.
That's just from the first page, and you do it repeatedly throughout the thread.

Nothing in there is demanding anything. If you don't like the discussion, stop reading it and posting on it.
06/20/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Kyrios
Nothing in there is demanding anything.
"I didn't demand I just strongly requested."

Okay, bud.
I'd like to see 2h Frost again. I'd also like to see multistrike come back as a stat, but that's another issue.
06/20/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Dumb
"I didn't demand I just strongly requested."

Okay, bud.

Well, if you had any sense of context, rather than just bashing anyone whose opinion you disagree with, you would realize this thread was created right after the Q&A ended and Blizzard failed to address a 2h frost question in the Q&A questions forum, a question with a large amount of likes associated with it. I was simply saying this whole matter could be quelled if they addressed the matter in a substantive way. Like I said, the forums were being flooded with a number of 2h Frost threads.

Make sense? Thanks.

06/20/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Mezz
I'd like to see 2h Frost again. I'd also like to see multistrike come back as a stat, but that's another issue.

At this point I just hope they at least give us a transmog option. It's not looking promising considering how quiet they have been on the matter. Although, it is interesting how they are starting to add a bunch of new artifact-specific special transmog options.
06/20/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Akston

It was impossible to balance when it was still a thing (it was either always too strong or miles behind Unholy and DW Frost), and it'll still be impossible to balance if brought back. People just need to let it go. This is about as likely to happen as Blood DPS, and thank god we let that topic die already.
06/20/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Calicojack
It was impossible to balance when it was still a thing (it was either always too strong or miles behind Unholy and DW Frost), and it'll still be impossible to balance if brought back. People just need to let it go. This is about as likely to happen as Blood DPS, and thank god we let that topic die already.

lol impossible?
It wasn't impossible before and it's certainly not now that the game has been simplified. If you think it's impossible, then you must be bad at math.

Strawpoll from the DK forums shows 75% of people are in favor of the return of 2H in one way or another.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15914280/r

Hopefully they listen to their customers.
06/21/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Tyfus
lol impossible?
It wasn't impossible before and it's certainly not now that the game has been simplified. If you think it's impossible, then you must be bad at math.

Strawpoll from the DK forums shows 75% of people are in favor of the return of 2H in one way or another.

137 votes is hardly indicative of anything, but frankly would you expect anything else? It should be pretty obvious that anything increasing player options, choice, or agency is going to be seen as a favorable change and therefore garner favorable votes - that doesn't change the problems with the matter.

Certainly nothing is impossible, but that doesn't mean those things aren't improbable; the previous poster was right - trying to balance multiple weapon types has been problematic in the past, while the demand for better balance has only increased over time, and that's not even getting into things like personal loot issues.

I think most everyone here gets that it's an option that many want to see, but the reality is just that it's probably not going to happen. At best, you should be pushing for the transmog option, since then the next logical complaint is "why do I need to get two weapons when I'm always transmogged to a 2hr?". It's no surprise that the specs whose artifact appearances let them break that restriction don't actually use them for much of anything.
I miss 2H Frost a lot. I always preferred the heavy hitting Obliterate style over the DW Frost Strike style back in the day.
I think with the changes to how damage is being calculated by attack power it’s something that can return. This will help some classes be able to DW again instead of being forced into 2H (like Survival hunter). Unfortunately Blizzard didn’t invest any time in this so it’s not happening at launch. It could maybe happen in a major content patch, but more than likely have to wait for 9.0.
06/21/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Ferenn
I think with the changes to how damage is being calculated by attack power it’s something that can return. This will help some classes be able to DW again instead of being forced into 2H (like Survival hunter).
I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but that is not at all how the change works or what it did.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764968112?page=3#post-41
06/21/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Tyfus
lol impossible?

You talk about math and then don't realize how little a poll with only 140 people means?

According to realmpop, there are 1,179,441 death knights at 110 on US and EU combined.

That means around 0.01% of the DK population has voted on the poll that you claim is representative enough to sway blizzard on your little issue here.

Which is really all besides the point, because of course people are going to want improvements to the class that they play and vote "yes" on a poll. That still doesn't mean it's a good thing for blizzard to focus on.

Just thought it was funny how you used such a flimsy poll as your driving argument.
I hope people keep voting in that poll. I think the vast majority will vote for either a gameplay option or a transmog option. Right now its about 75% to 25% in favor of some 2h option.
06/21/2018 01:57 AMPosted by Archimtiros
I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but that is not at all how the change works or what it did.

No need to get all worked up. All I’m trying to say is that it should be a lot easier to eventually get things where it doesn’t matter if you’re DW or 2H, because the numbers even out. The tricky spot will be Fury warriors.
Instead of trying to balance it, why not just transmog/glyph the animations to 2H? I'd be perfectly fine with that.

It would function in the same way as ferals or some costumes/toys in-game. There is actually one that changes character to a 2hand model (with the animations), regardless of actual weapon and has the same effect on casters with an OH.
06/21/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Archimtiros
Certainly nothing is impossible, but that doesn't mean those things aren't improbable; the previous poster was right - trying to balance multiple weapon types has been problematic in the past, while the demand for better balance has only increased over time, and that's not even getting into things like personal loot issues.

That poster did not say if it was improbable he said impossible, which it's not. They also wouldn't be trying to balance pre-Legion Frost, it'd be BfA Frost that is far from complex mechanically.

There is also an option on the poll for a transmog option, which would be a fine compromise.

06/21/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Dumb
You talk about math and then don't realize how little a poll with only 140 people means?

According to realmpop, there are 1,179,441 death knights at 110 on US and EU combined.

140 people and growing. Feel free to present a better metric, 'cause so far that poll is the only.

Your name does not disappoint.

06/21/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Kyrios
I hope people keep voting in that poll. I think the vast majority will vote for either a gameplay option or a transmog option. Right now its about 75% to 25% in favor of some 2h option.

Hope so too. So far it definitely shows what I expected, which is the silent majority wanting 2H frost back in some fashion.
Okay, so certain arguements here are just pointless.

2-handed frost DK should just be brought back as a transmog option.
We've been playing 2-handed since wotlk/catacylsm. (i've played it since cataclysm as a main)
We've collected 2-handed weapons since then. all these tier 2(elite) weapons in my bank are 2-handed. I did not enjoy the playstyle of Dual wield at all.
I quit playing around 6.2 and came back near 7.2.5, the first thing i did to find the game enjoyable? Download Tmorph. since it was killed with 7.3 the sole reason i kept playing is because of my guildies and many alts. My main class however? Ruined. Not fun to play. We want 2-handed frost back because of its aesthetic. Currently there is a new program like Tmorph, which i actually use to get my 2-hander back on my Death Knight.
I should not have to use some dodgy program in order to have the same class as i've been playing for all this time.

Bringing it back as a transmog option should be easily possible. It works for paladins, Mages, Priests and warlocks. You could argue these are all caster classes but holy paladins still have crusader strike with melee wings.