Class design will kill BFA

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
Sorry blizzard the majority of players are not going to wait around until 8.1 for their classes to not suck. Not when they have been giving feed back for months of how to fix issues!

**EDIT**
After not checking on this post for a few days and seeing it blow up. I wanted to edit and say with how much negativity there is for class design In bfa. I would like to also add some positivity and say I think the Art,zones,quests and new content(besides boring Azerite Armor) is all amazing the people working on it did such a great job! To me it just feels like class design quality is not even close to on par with the rest of the game. Almost feels like a different game.
You don't look like the majority to me.
06/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Alikka

Technically neither do you, to make that comment. Class design was bad in legion and is managing to be worse in bfa, so what is your surprise to see the comment that class design in bfa is killing the game?

Never have I ever, in game or anywhere else seen anyone call legion class design good. Someone will come in here to say it just to spite me, though.

The fact that Blizzards only ideas for class design is giving us abilities back, that they removed in the form of talents is driving me nuts.
STOP LOCKING PREVIOUS ABILITIES BEHIND TALENTS AND HONOR TALENTS
JUST GIVE US OUR ABILITIES BACK!!!!!!!!!
06/14/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Sneakyboop

Technically neither do you, to make that comment. Class design was bad in legion and is managing to be worse in bfa, so what is your surprise to see the comment that class design in bfa is killing the game?

Never have I ever, in game or anywhere else seen anyone call legion class design good. Someone will come in here to say it just to spite me, though.

That is your opinion.
+1 OP

I logged in beta and messed around on a few specs for a few mins and logged out.
Class design should be the MOST important part of developing an expansion, not something to wait on until two months before launch and rush out changes, and leave a few for a later patch

The fact that Blizzards only ideas for class design is giving us abilities back, that they removed in the form of talents is driving me nuts.

I'll say it to spite you then. I love the new shadow priest and think disc is a cool unique spec.

Wow, ignorant much?

I love the new shadow. Bring on BfA.
It never ceases to amaze me how many people assume they speak for the majority.

It's ok to just speak for yourself. It doesn't add weight to your opinion to claim the majority share it.
06/14/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Flophalla

I'll say it to spite you then. I love the new shadow priest and think disc is a cool unique spec.

Your incredibly childish response invalidates any point you may have been trying to make.
Realistically class design is perfectly acceptable. For the vast majority of specs they play exactly like they did in legion minus the artifact.

You may not like that, and that's fine, but blizzard isn't going to "fix" you disliking something. That's not how this works.

What they will do is continue to iterate on design in every patch - just like they did in legion. Seems like a lot of people forget what 7.1 and 7.2 did to the classes.

All that we should demand is that classes and specs are well balanced. I fear they won't be, because of how close we are, but this is something easily done with hotfixes so even if they aren't we won't be waiting months for that to get fixed.

This is nothing to be concerned with unless you already dislike playing the class you chose to play.
Everyone has their own opinions and I am of the opinion that class design has never been in a better place. Of course, there are improvements that can be made, but Legion and BfA class design has given each spec their own fleshed out identity and playstle.

Frost-specced vanilla Mages having roughly 4 or 5 frost abilities and having them spam Frostbolt almost all the time is not what I consider to be good class design, so I personally think that we have been moving forward in the right direction.
06/14/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Alikka

That is your opinion.

That is a lot of our opinions!

That is your opinion.

Go into the Legion Class Dev forum or the Beta Class forum . Not really just his opinion but the opinion of many.
06/14/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Metrohaha
Realistically class design is perfectly acceptable. For the vast majority of specs they play exactly like they did in legion minus the artifact.

You may not like that, and that's fine, but blizzard isn't going to "fix" you disliking something. That's not how this works.

What they will do is continue to iterate on design in every patch - just like they did in legion. Seems like a lot of people forget what 7.1 and 7.2 did to the classes.

All that we should demand is that classes and specs are well balanced. I fear they won't be, because of how close we are, but this is something easily done with hotfixes so even if they aren't we won't be waiting months for that to get fixed.

This is nothing to be concerned with unless you already dislike playing the class you chose to play.

No decent class toolkits = dead pvp in a pvp centric expansion. /shrug Artifacts plugged holes in most classes and specs, without it most classes and specs become bad again. We will see this HEAVILY in pre-patch which Blizz said traits in artifacts will no longer work.
06/14/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Metrohaha

What part of it basically plays the same as Legion that players don't like do you not get?
06/14/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Weidmann

That is your opinion.

Go into the Legion Class Dev forum or the Beta Class forum . Not really just his opinion but the opinion of many.

The Legion Class Dev forum is a complete and utter dumpster fire. An echo chamber filled with all of the worst personalities imaginable. If I were a dev I would never even look at it, let alone implement any of it.