BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports regarding this encounter, or related issues. Noting the nature of your group (Mythic guild premade, PUG, etc.) is helpful, as are any logs. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help test!

For this test, all bosses except for G'huun are available for testing.
First 5 boss fights felt really great. I did it in a large (25+) PUG group with no voice chat. Difficulty felt great for Normal in a PUG. It was doable with players that understood the fight & were able to explain the basics.

Honestly the trash was more of a disaster than the bosses in most cases. The trash in the center of the raid before the 6th boss is extremely punishing. Even pulling 1 group at a time repeatedly wiped the entire group because the tanks would just drop quickly.
I've noticed mage blinks on the first fight of Uldir, (Taloc) were not functioning properly. Even when the elevator was not moving, blinking caused me to move in a direction I was not facing or moving towards.

Also, frozen orb after the elevator hits the ground ceases to work. What I mean is I don't see the abilities projectile at all whatsoever when I use it, frozen orb will then go on cooldown, and even if I were to use it again I would still not see it. I tried standing off of the elevator and then using the ability and still no luck.
Managed to organize a pug group of 20-25 and killed the first 6 bosses.

Taloc seems a bit overtuned still, seems like an overwhelming bunch of mechanics for a first boss. Toughest thing I noticed was how often the blood debuff spawns that drops the pools. Seems to be quite often. Although once people understood it was a clean kill.

Mother, Vectis, Zek'voz and Fetid all seem fairly well tuned for normal. Mechanics are punishing but not too bad if done correctly. Health pools seem stable for adds and the bosses themselves. Very fun fights.

Hardest thing about Zul is the 45-1hr trash we had to do. Expecting this to be nerfed or changed as it is extremely rough to manage. Pulling the pats away from the mobs so you don't get knocked back into more. Pulling the other groups back so you dont get feared into more. Just extremely tough. The mobs are 1 shotting tanks as they all melee you at once for 30-40k dmg and you cant survive it, even through a major cd.
Zul itself is actually a very fun fight and fairly well tuned fight. Adds are easy to manage, the debuff at the end for tanks is easy to manage if dont correctly.

Mythrax seems to be a bit overtuned as well, could be lack of knowledge for the mechanics. Seems the orbs that mind-control people spawn quite often in phase 1. The adds seem to have a lot of health. Almost end-raid boss so I expect a bit of difficulty and knowledge curve but it still seemed a bit rough.

Group fell apart during Mythrax due to people not understanding the fight.

Overall great raid, fun, interesting mechanics and can't wait to see it on heroic and mythic on live!
I'm a leader of a Mythic guild (US 117). We brought 14 raiders (those that had beta and were interested) yesterday, and found that Taloc is hilariously overtuned for small groups (maybe doesn't actually scale at all). For a normal boss, it is significantly harder than most early mythic bosses. We had to 4 heal a 14 man group to be able to keep the people dropping blood alive, and each time he threw the hammer, it straight 1-shot people at 35 or 40 yards, and sometimes resulted in a tank death. As soon as we got to p3 we had 5 people dropping blood instead of 3 and (and already had deaths) and just fell apart.

Quite frustrating to not get to see the raid. We experienced this same thing last time normal was tested, but had a few more people and managed to kill it that time. No one wanted to spend two hours beating our faces against the first fight this time.
06/15/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Zurishmi
I'm a leader of a Mythic guild (US 117). We brought 14 raiders (those that had beta and were interested) yesterday, and found that Taloc is hilariously overtuned for small groups (maybe doesn't actually scale at all). For a normal boss, it is significantly harder than most early mythic bosses. We had to 4 heal a 14 man group to be able to keep the people dropping blood alive, and each time he threw the hammer, it straight 1-shot people at 35 or 40 yards, and sometimes resulted in a tank death. As soon as we got to p3 we had 5 people dropping blood instead of 3 and (and already had deaths) and just fell apart.

Quite frustrating to not get to see the raid. We experienced this same thing last time normal was tested, but had a few more people and managed to kill it that time. No one wanted to spend two hours beating our faces against the first fight this time.

This happened to us too. We are US 187 and we got decimated the same way. We took 16.
Is it intended that there are no azerite bonuses on Head/Chest/Shoulder items or is it still coming?
The trash before Zul needs to be hotfixed immediately, it shouldn't take close to 1 hour to clear trash (either have the fear mechanic taken completely out, reduce the amount of pools that spawn or the just the reduce the number of ads in the room). The trash before the Fetid Devourer needs to also have their health reduced.

Zul trash should also be able to be stunned.

bosses are good overall, with Taloc and Mythrax feeling a bit over tuned (at least with our 330 scaled gear)
06/15/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Totemtastic
06/15/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Zurishmi

This happened to us too. We are US 187 and we got decimated the same way. We took 16.

ya this !@#$ is dumb overtuned for groups that are at 10 people, we didnt even bother spending time on it
I was able to do the first 5 bosses, but the trash before Zul being so over tuned caused the group to disband. Needs to be able to be cc'ed at the least, butmost likely needs less health and damage as well.

I did this in a full pug group, where the leader asked our experience on live, so I can assume the majority of us were mythic raiders.

Our group shifted in size over time, but remained around 20. We did use discord to discuss strats and for call outs.

Taloc was fine, but we did have a decent sized group. Damage did seem a bit high compared to the other bosses we did.

Mother was fine. Seemed balanced enough for normal.

Fetid was a cake walk, and seemed out of place as a "third" boss. I would argue mother was more complex.

Zek'voz was a decent boss, but I would like to mention the "safe" area felt huge, but for a normal only raider it might be fine.

Vectis itself was fine, but I felt his adds died to quickly to be a threat.

We had not real bugs for the bosses. My group, like others it seems, had a harder time with trash than with bosses.

I did log these encounters and can be viewed through links below.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4RLfM1QhmTnWyK3J/
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8A6XjbHmKdFMVwqT/
Zul trash is a giant mess. Either the fear barrage should be toned down or the small adds should hit a little softer, or both. It's Normal mode.

As far as Zul himself goes, the tank DoT in phase 2 is pretty savage for Normal. This probably has something to do with the scaled item level (330), but it was brutal.
raid leader of US 27 guild. because of australian lag, many mechanics just do not work or do unintended things, if not because the game is not ready for release in less than 2 months.

random 8 players sucked in and insta killed by the elevator landing
https://clips.twitch.tv/KindBlatantWhaleCclamChamp

Slimes ignoring players on them and killing others
https://clips.twitch.tv/HandsomeOptimisticAnteaterNinjaGrumpy

both of these were consistent bugs, with the the random players sucked in being every single pull

how is this raid ready for release in 2 months?
I did another round of Normal Uldir yesterday with 14 people. It was an organized guild group. We're 11/11M.

We pulled Taloc for over 3 hours and could not kill him.
In the first phase, only 3 people have to drop the blood pools around the room. In the last phase, 6 people were getting the debuff. 6 people out of 14 is a lot with how consistently the debuff goes out. It makes damaging the boss very slow.

Lots of inconsistencies. There's 2 door areas during the fight that cause significant framerate loss. We marked the area to avoid it but, when the platform starts going down, there's a 2nd area as you circle around the platform. Even if you jump off the platform early, sometimes the boss pulls you into the center of the room where the bloods are from the 2nd/transitioning phase & it instantly kills you. If you stay on the platform, you either get sucked into the center & instantly killed or it doesn't happen. Tanks randomly getting teleported around the room during the encounter & getting killed.

With 6-8+ people getting blood pools and adds spawning on them in the last phase, the boss itself was taking no damage because of everything going on. This almost feels too mechanics heavy for normal.

It's insane how much easier this boss was with 25-30 people in comparison to a smaller sized group. With 20+ people, the amount of players getting the blood pool debuff never changes. So you can sacrifice a few people and still have enough dps to down the boss because there's a lot less loss with more players.

Twitch Stream of our 3 hour raid: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/274335956
Group: Went in with a 15-man group from US 18 guild Infinity. I was tanking.
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hydmc1JavWXf2LQY

Taloc
- Overtuned for smaller groups. Specifically, he and the Blood adds have too much health. Did it with a 30-man a few days ago and had a much easier time.
- The boss isn't currently clearing the blood that he absorbs in P1 when P3 starts. He's also teleporting people into the death pool randomly when the phase begins.
- Damage numbers felt fine, as long as Cudgels and pools were handled properly.

MOTHER
Fun boss. No bugs and it felt like it was properly tuned for Normal.

Walkway Trash
Damage was generally fine, but this trash simply had too much health. We spent an inordinate amount of time on it considering how few mobs there actually are.

Zek'voz
This boss was fine. No bugs and it felt like a Normal mode boss tuning-wise. The trash was fine, too. It's the only trash that didn't feel overly burdensome.

Fetid Devourer Trash
What a massive pain. This trash has an enormous amount of health, even considering the intermittent 200% damage buff, there are too many packs, and you have to deal with the boss patting back and forth. Considering that we were able to reset lust and CDs constantly, it STILL took an aggravating amount of time to finally kill it all.

Fetid Devourer
Easiest boss I've ever done, but it's Normal mode, so that's fine. No bugs & damage was fine. Leaving the KB out of Normal is probably for the best.

-- We were too fed up with the trash to want to continue after FD, but I'll include my thoughts about the other bosses (and trash) from the 30-man I did. --

Vectis
The way this boss works in Normal means we were able to just stack and pass the disease around willy nilly. This is fine for Normal, since it isn't meant to be overly difficult. Raid damage might have been on the high side: we had 7 talented healers and still felt serious pressure the entire time. As far as Vectis' trash goes: again, an amazing amount of health. Otherwise, not overwhelmingly difficult.

Zul Trash
Oh my God, seriously? This trash genuinely takes longer than any single boss--frankly, it takes longer than several bosses combined. The amount of health the mobs have is actually fine, but the combination of mechanics forcing tiny, careful pulls, the fears, the inability to CC anything, and the sheer volume of mobs is obscene. Please nerf this trash or reduce the volume. Or both. Can't imagine doing it in a smaller group.

Zul
Great boss, nice job. The damage from the tank DoT in P2 is pretty unforgiving for Normal mode, but that's my only real complaint about the encounter.

Mythrax
This is a difficult boss, but I couldn't find anything that felt particularly off about it. Damage seemed reasonable as long as orbs are dealt with carefully. That said, large groups that are less organized will have a lot of trouble not wiping to people being knocked out of orbs. If anything needs tuning down for Normal, it's the raid damage that freeing each player deals. The rest was fine.
Going to echo what everyone else has said about Taloc on small groups. We had 12/13 people (as a 10/11M guild) and it was impossible to have a clean transition into P3 because we still had adds alive. One of a couple things happened then:

- We either instantly wiped because we all got ported to the middle of the room and instantly die to exploding adds.

- Or we can never recover from the two big adds that are still alive and having to kill so many slimes.

Tank damage is definitely also wildly overtuned for Normal.
< BM hunter in the above group ^. Would agree that Taloc's overtuned for a small group, considering it's the first boss on normal.

I also find it weird that Slough Off does damage. (Slough Off is the ability that makes Coalesced Bloods spawn Blood Storms). I'm not a fan of it because:
  • It's not mentioned in the dungeon journal that Slough Off does any damage. It only says that it spawns blood storms, so you know to avoid those, but you could be taking 0 damage from the storms and still take a bunch of damage from the bloods without realizing it or knowing why.
  • It seems like you can avoid it by standing at max melee range. It's annoying to have to do that all throughout that phase as a DPS, and if you don't know to do it, it's annoying to have to heal it.
  • It only really affects melee, in a phase where everything already sucks for melee. Everything in this phase does damage to anyone standing too close, which sucks when you look at me as the ranged DPS with nothing to deal with taking 0 damage all phase.

Admittedly, that phase has almost no damage going out. Not sure having the only safe add for melee to hit do pulsing AoE damage in a tiny radius is a good answer to that, though.