Toon randomly teleporting, then 6 month ban?#2

Customer Support
HI guys, i just wanna ask

had this ever ever happen to you in your life time?

This situation seems to had happen before to some certain people https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759348189#post-1

Now im not the one suspended atm, i recruited 2 of my new friends to play wow.

He bought Standard edition until preorder BFA.

played 2 weeks, told me about some weird thing bug teleported in bg while he was dead, 5 minute later boom he got Banned 6 months. tried to appeal 2 times, got reviewed as cheating, same as this guy that made the first post.

I too had been accused for hacking before so i know how it feels.

Anyone know how they can justify this? and ever had similar fate?
Randomly teleporting while dead, in a BG, is because the point was captured before he could respawn and he was automatically moved to the next available graveyard for his faction.

Rarely are people banned 5 minutes after a suspicious event. Banning for botting takes months.

Only thing he can do is appeal. If the appeal is upheld, then that's the end of it. Blizzard determined he was using something he shouldn't be.
06/06/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Dkbunny
Anyone know how they can justify this?

By reviewing logs that corroborate and back the claims that other players reported them for. Provided Warden didn't get to them first. Can you confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that they didn't have software running on their computer that acted like botting programs? Doesn't even have to be something they installed and/or ran after installing World of Warcraft, it could simply be something they used for another game and had running in the background without any actual use in WoW. Warden is programmed to catch many, many potential cheats in their game.

As discussion about disciplinary account actions is usually grounds for action as well, this thread should not be continued, and you should suggest to the affected parties that they're wholly encouraged to continue filing appeals in the hope that human error is at fault for their predicament. False positives are definitely a thing, as evidenced by the thread you linked.

Each appeal is reviewed by a different game master for a second/third/fourth separate, unbiased opinion on the situation, until it comes to the game master telling them that further appeals will no longer be reviewed. That generally means their information and review has come to a pretty solid confirmation that they are correct in their resolution.
06/06/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Dkbunny
Anyone know how they can justify this?

It's their game and they don't want people cheating. That's all there is to it.
An appeal is the only way to have this reviewed - and only they can do that.

Do you have more than one Battle.net? I'm not able to locate any license that you recruited that looks like it has been suspended.
Same thing happened to my friend yesterday, he said they randomly started teleporting back to the same spot while moving to a new zone then bam dc and hes banned for 6 months.

the main reason i mention this is because it sounds like the exact same thing, they are also a Refer a friend who bought bfa about a week ago, we both started playing on na about 3 weeks ago,

they put in ticket yesterday when it happened but just got a auto response.

The thread you linked was also the only thing we found on the matter, everyone there was saying these types of bans only happen after months of botting, yet we've only been playing on na for a month at tops so that not even possible.
06/07/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Ipunchthings

There's no such thing as an "auto response".

When an appeal is placed, a new set of eyes look at the data used to determine the suspension and they either come to the same conclusion or they reverse the decision.
Botting is one of the most egregious violations a player can commit.

Justice may not always be swift, but it is sure. It can also often be VERY swift.

That doesn't mean false positives can't happen - but that is what the appeals process is for.
06/07/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Perl
06/07/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Ipunchthings

There's no such thing as an "auto response".

When an appeal is placed, a new set of eyes look at the data used to determine the suspension and they either come to the same conclusion or they reverse the decision.
A "auto response" as in they "copy and paste some paragraphs of text saying nothing new".

anyway the main reason i'm also posting about it because it seems the exact same thing happened to some one else, coincidence? Possibly but the fact that it happened within such a close time frame of each other and both where RAF who preorder bfa makes it feel like mentioning that it happened to more than one person.
06/07/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Ipunchthings
A "auto response" as in they "copy and paste some paragraphs of text saying nothing new".

That would be a templated response. Those are commonly used so that a standard message is received.

06/07/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Ipunchthings
anyway the main reason i'm also posting about it because it seems the exact same thing happened to some one else, coincidence?

Could be that they both used the same botting software too....just saying. But that's between Blizz and your friend.

What's likely is that Blizz found a way to identify people using a specific botting software and did a mass ban for accounts using it. The companies that make this junk also provide "excuses" just in case you get caught.

In the end, all that they can do is appeal the decision. If they're not guilty, then Blizz will remove the suspension.

THey're not going to detail any info that haven't already been stated before to keep folks from trying to game the system.
Anything that gives a 6 month ban takes time to happen.
Punchy: What you are describing sounds like maybe they were being banned, and the server or the connection was rubberbanding to catch up.

For one thing, if they do the same thing as other players, just how many times can you describe the same exact thing differently? The response a ticket is given is accurate. It may sound bland, but that is because they have to be precise without giving exact details of the trigger.

I wonder if there's a new ban wave happening.
06/07/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Nobody
Anything that gives a 6 month ban takes time to happen.

[/quote]

A friend of mine was banned under the same circumstances and he only has 4 days worth of playtime total on his account. Blizzard refused to explain what lead to the ban other than saying its "Cheating".

You can assume he was actually cheating and Blizzard's anti-cheat system is omnipotent, but consider this as food for thought and let's assume Blizzard's anti-cheat system makes mistakes, or some bug managed to get him caught up.

How would you feel if you were in his shoes and you end up banned for no explicable reason shortly after pre-ordering an expansion and playing for a few days? Not to mention all your support tickets are immediately locked and closed with no explanation or guidelines on what to do to fix it, going on the forums you'd be met by hoards of people just assuming you're a cheater and that blizzard can never make mistakes.

I understand that blizzard can make mistakes as employees at Blizzard are all humans just like the rest of us are, but I don't think anyone appreciates having tickets closed in their faces after getting a 6 month ban for a reason that can't be explained, yet it feels like nobody is actually investigating it.

I also understand that Blizzard needs to keep information private to stop cheaters from gaming their anti-cheat system, but from what i've seen so far and according to my friend the privacy they keep on this info is basically shutting down the ticket in anyone who's received this 6 month ban. Which, granted, would work admirably well if it was against someone who was actually cheating and was banned for it, leading to their efforts being completely pointless. But, this also means that anybody who was banned on accident(continue assuming the system isn't omnipotent) would never be able to find out why they were banned, how to get banned, or what they really should be doing with their life at this point.

I'd like to re-iterate that my friend has only 4 days of total playtime on his account and has only started playing about a week and a half ago. The only response he got from his tickets with Blizzard has been "cheating" and "We won't discuss this any further" and "cheating" really covers many things, some of them I doubt would justify a 6 month ban even if he was actually "cheating".

I'd also just like to finish up and say that mayhaps my "good ol' trusted friend" did cheat in someway and step on Blizzard's toes, however, the treatment he's been receiving form the GM team shouldn't be acceptable as it basically boils down to "we banned you because you're cheating. that is all. go away. stop making tickets. we're not unbanning you. we don't want to tell you what you did. you're a cheater. sit it out."
There’s a lot of reports about this on Reddit as well. Mostly people who just started playing are getting 6 month bans.
And HE is the only one that can appeal or continue to appeal this.
Shuryosuru,

The argument you're making revolves around the assumption that your friend does not, in fact, know why he was banned. While possible - particularly because suspensions usually take place after a period of investigation - people generally find that a suspect assumption.

Additionally, tickets don't get closed automatically unless the user in question has been continually refiling despite being issued a final statement from the reviewing party.
How would I feel if I got banned for cheating? If I was cheating, I would be showing that I do not like the game. That I couldn't handle the game. That the game was too much for me. I would feel like I deserved it. Because I'm not some 'me first' person who thinks I can get away with stuff just because I feel like I'm owed.

06/07/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Shuryosuru
A friend of mine was banned under the same circumstances and he only has 4 days worth of playtime total on his account.

Why are you obsessed with the time. 4 days is still more than 5 minutes. Besides, you said the person was playing for 2 weeks, or are you now changing your story to fit your needs? 4 days of total played time on one character is 96 hours. That's a lot of time for one person in a span of 2 weeks.
06/07/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Shuryosuru
some of them I doubt would justify a 6 month ban even if he was actually "cheating"

This is getting crazier. You mean your friend did multiple things that you knew about? And that you are upset that, in your opinion, should not equal 6 months?

I tell you what,you make an online game with a thousand people playing it. Then come back to me with how banning works. You need some perspective here.
06/07/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Amaelalin

Additionally, tickets don't get closed automatically unless the user in question has been continually refiling despite being issued a final statement from the reviewing party.

And that final statement was "You're cheating."

That's it, that's all they gave him. Afterwards, all tickets were just immediately closed with all GMs saying basically the same thing. I'd even post ticket logs here if I was allowed to.
06/07/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Nobody

This is getting crazier. You mean your friend did multiple things that you knew about? And that you are upset that, in your opinion, should not equal 6 months?

[/quote]

You're picking straws in my argument here.
Again, this is not YOUR account. This isn't something we will go into with anyone else.

06/07/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Shuryosuru
And that final statement was "You're cheating."

I really doubt that.

"Our original results were reviewed and will be upheld" - that I'd believe.