Aesthetic or Gameplay?

General Discussion
I've nailed my BFA main to either a Monk or a Paladin and I love them both and I can't for the life of me decide which to pick.

I've realized that I find myself having much more fun on my Monk gameplay wise, but I find it hard to get into the aesthetic of the class and can't really get "immersed".. A kung fu master fighting off a demon invasion or old gods.. ehhh...

On the other hand I still enjoy the Paladin gameplay but it's nowhere near as pleasing as the Monk, but I find myself really appreciating the class and really getting into the immersion on my Paladin. Being a holy warrior of the light judging the evil that you come across comes around as really really cool to me.

So I'm curious on your opinion on whats more important to you all, do you all prefer the gameplay side of things or getting immersed with your class lore and the aesthetic of it.
fun > all
Pretty much that Dundor dwarf guy said, i reroll warrior from pally because warrior got a more fun gameplay and i don't regret one bit.
You know what to do.
Most will tell you to play what’s fun.

After years of being a mage, I tried DH this expansion (for awhile) and had a blast! Then took my usual burn out break. Came back to the mage, since it’s what I know. Just wasn’t fun anymore, too much of a chore to play her.

Anyhoo, I’ve been trying out classes, I’m considering following BfA story on this pally. I enjoy the play style, completely different from a mage! Plus heals spec as a bonus! I love healing! Gave a shaman a try, but it’s just too similar to a mage. Tried a priest, and lock too.

So, I say, do what’s fun! Like Hawkeye said in Age of Ultron “We're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense.” Who cares if kung fu fighting style doesn’t make sense fighting demons, if you’re having fun with the monk, then play the monk!

Edit for spelling
06/15/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Dundor
fun > all
06/15/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Crucifixiôn
So I'm curious on your opinion on whats more important to you all, do you all prefer the gameplay side of things or getting immersed with your class lore and the aesthetic of it.

The aesthetics of a class can be important and could well tip me in one direction or the other when I am on the fence trying to decide between multiple classes. However, comparing aesthetics and gameplay head-to-head, I'd say gameplay is much more an important factor when it comes to deciding on a class. I have both a monk and paladin and although the paladin feels more "WoW-like" the sheer interesting and unique gameplay provided by the monk just trumps the paladin... all three specs too. Tanking, DPS, and Healing are all more fun on the monk than the pally.

I must admit though, the Asian theme of the monk is something that I really do appreciate. The fact that the monk "doesn't fit" in the WoW universe is sort of a blessing in disguise because it gives the class a very fresh, unique feel.
Pick which one you think you will enjoy for the longest, and then when you get them geared enough, play the other one as an alt. You will most likely have time to gear up and play an alt depending on what you plan on doing in the game. And during that process, you can always swap to the other one as your "main" if you find that you enjoy it more.