Is it normal to get 56 FPS

General Discussion
Is it normal to get 56 fps in dalaran on a gtx 1050, 16GB ram and no ssd? Or am I doing somethig wrong? Because 56 is the avg. is there a way to boost my fps? I play on graphics settings level 5

Edit: is gtx 1050 will be enough for BfA?
Just a guess.. but check if vertical sync is on or not.

I don't mind 60fps, or see the need for more, so I have it on to avoid tearing and frame bursts... but that might be it.
56 is a lot for Dalaran.
That's better than what I get on my GTX 1050 Ti in Dalaran during the day when any significant number of players are in the city. It's always been brutal in Dalaran even when my FPS is much higher elsewhere
Hell I'm on a 1070 and sometimes my frames drop to 35 in populated areas. Try lowering your render distance along with some settings such as effects and weather.
06/11/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Taurparradin

I don't mind 60fps, or see the need for more, so I have it on to avoid tearing and frame bursts... but that might be it.

Should i turn it off?
Is gtx 1050 will be enough for BfA?
06/11/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Notquiterite
Is gtx 1050 will be enough for BfA?

Plenty
Dalaran lag is legendary. It should be only on first loading when you hearth or log in but after that few seconds it's normal rate. About a year ago they had test servers purposely trying to crash dalaran. Not one of their finer ideas, it will lag regardless of what they do.
I have a GTX 1080 with an SSD and this annoyed me too.

What worked for me was to disable vsync and then set my max foreground and background FPS to something higher than my monitor's refresh rate until I couldn't see the tear anymore. 70 FPS works for me.
Man, and here I am sitting with 8 frames.
Drop your graphics settings from 10 to 7 and only use CMAA anti-aliasing.
06/11/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Notquiterite
Is it normal to get 56 fps in dalaran on a gtx 1050, 16GB ram and no ssd?

Right now WoW is still cpu intensive, and single core. So the gpu is not as important as the cpu. Come bfa you might notice it change wirh the changes.
06/11/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Kozzae
06/11/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Notquiterite
Is it normal to get 56 fps in dalaran on a gtx 1050, 16GB ram and no ssd?

Right now WoW is still cpu intensive, and single core. So the gpu is not as important as the cpu. Come bfa you might notice it change wirh the changes.

Thats bad news since im still on Ivy Bridge -_-
06/11/2018 03:11 AMPosted by Notquiterite
06/11/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Taurparradin

Should i turn it off?
I would leave it on. 56 is pretty good for Dalaran, and I'm guessing you have a standard 60Hz monitor meaning you won't notice any difference above 60FPS. Vsync helps prevent screen tearing.
06/11/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Gormosh
56 is a lot for Dalaran.

Yeah, more is not a big deal. 56 is plenty for there, it is rather intensive.

Do you have view distance all the way down? If not, that is why it is only 56 there.

I'm in Linux, so Wow splits evenly over my two cores by default.
I'm happy if I have 25-30 FPS in dalaran, on this system (8 gig ram, geforce 750 ti 2 gig ram, OpenSuse 42.3, intel dual core something)
I get more fps than that with a 760...your cpu is more important
Getting middle 40's with a GTX 750 in Dalaran so 50's with a 1050 sounds about right.
06/11/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Kybeorie
06/11/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Gormosh
56 is a lot for Dalaran.

Yeah, more is not a big deal. 56 is plenty for there, it is rather intensive.

Do you have view distance all the way down? If not, that is why it is only 56 there.

I'm in Linux, so Wow splits evenly over my two cores by default.
I'm happy if I have 25-30 FPS in dalaran, on this system (8 gig ram, geforce 750 ti 2 gig ram, OpenSuse 42.3, intel dual core something)

Teach me how to run WoW in Linux!!