Aspect of the eagle bfa

Hunter
Okay so I do not have beta so I can not post in beta forum. But I do have a small issue with something I have seen in bfa. WHY do I as a survival HUNTER in bfa using FOCUS as my recourse throw a bird at my target when using Aspect of the eagle to allow Raptor strike to be ranged... I just spent 2 years holding a spear....... I have a harpoon abilty. in bfa we even get Chakrams again. All of those things seem fitting to a hunter., but I throw a eagle? because I use the aspect of an eagle. I just want to know how the other 4 survival hunters feel about this?. I really hope we get a glyph that has us throw our weapon or at least a generic spear in place of a magic eagle.
You can try it out on the PTR now even without beta access. It’s actually pretty cool.
It's a gimmick for mechanics that involves either you staying put, or when getting too close is a bit dangerous. A part from that, I can ignore the bird.
Because the spirit of the wilds and lore type things. I mean if you played survival in legion our weapon is talon claw which has been blessed by many beast of the wild line Ohn'ara the eagle spirit and when attacking and using flanking strike we launch spirit eagles at people.

So in BFA we literally channel a spirit of an eagle and throw spirit eagles at people during the CD.

They have updated the animation so its more brown and green and feels a lot more fitting for the cd.
SV is a hybrid ranged/melee spec in BfA.
06/15/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Demimas
It's as ranged as Outlaw is.
06/15/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Natesanders

Pretty much.
06/15/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Natesanders

Yeah no. Outlaw has Pistol Shot, Between the Eyes, and Blade Rush Talent which is only 20 yard range.

SV has Wildfire Bomb, Serpent Sting, Kill Command, Crows talent, and ranged Raptor Strike on a 1.5m CD. All of those are 40 yard range btw. Not to mention ranged pet stun, pet attack and specials, pvp stings, and traps.

It's not even close really.
You forgot sap, blind, and cannon barrage.
10 & 15 yard ccs and a horrible pvp talent that one will ever use. So sure, Outlaw has some range, and I love the spec personally, played a lot of it in Legion.

But to be a hybrid, I think you would want long range damage more than very short range limited cc.

BfA SV Hunter simply has a lot more ranged capability. In fact it's closer to pre-Legion SV than a lot of people realize.
I like Outlaw as well, but I disagree. SV in BfA is closer to Outlaw than it is to any other incarnation of SV.
Not sure who thinks outlaw is similar to survival hunter but whatever. People are silly.

In PvP the ability to do damage at ranged is obviously great. The ability to stay on a ranged enemy and beat them down with melee is obviously great. The ability to do both is going to give people fits.

For PvE it will be very nice for mechanics that require melee to get out of melee range. While the rest are standing around waiting we can still do damage.

I really don't get all the hate. It is fun spec and is going to be very powerful in PvP in the right hands.

As far as a glyph goes maybe they will throw something in like that. The animation is meh but I've personally never played WoW for it's graphical prowess. I could be throwing old socks at enemies and wouldn't really give two !@#$s.
aspect of the eagle should be a talent, give back lacerate and remove serpent sting or make it a talent.
06/17/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Bjoramier
aspect of the eagle should be a talent, give back lacerate and remove serpent sting or make it a talent.

No. We shouldn't loose anymore baseline abilities and Serpent sting has always been a SV hunter ability. Meanwhile lacerate has been around for what one expac? If you want bleeds they have talents for that.
Lacerate was a oooooold school Hunter talent that was horrible..lol. So it made a comeback in Legion.

As it stands now on Beta, SV Hunter has a decent feel. It feels better paced than BM. Actually it feels as if your pet is more your partner in crime than BM does ATM. I have found using the correct setup, you can be in for melee range, disengage out, throw some eagles, then harpoon back into the Frey. It's going to be interesting for sure if they leave it as is.

As for tossing eagles ? Cool...Heck they could glyph it to make it spears, or whatever two hander you have..So far I'm finding SV pretty fun. I just may be SV this time through instead of BM.

Why? They are both dots. Now the dot isn't tied to melee range. How would lacerate be an improvement?
06/18/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Gunshy

Why? They are both dots. Now the dot isn't tied to melee range. How would lacerate be an improvement?

By that logic why play a melee spec when everything can be ranged?

Giving it one more melee ability makes it feel better, then ya got MB/RS, carve/butchery, and lacerate(or another melee ability). Then for range you have wildfire bomb and kill command. Not to mention you have aspect of the eagle.
06/18/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Stripendella

No. We shouldn't loose anymore baseline abilities and Serpent sting has always been a SV hunter ability. Meanwhile lacerate has been around for what one expac? If you want bleeds they have talents for that.

Ok... keep serpent sting and then change kill command to flanking strike or wildfire bomb to some sort of melee ability.

It needs one more melee ability to be much more solid imo.
06/22/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Bjoramier

You can use every ranged ability in melee except Harpoon. There's no reason that you have to run out to range to use an ability that works in both. Having the option to go to range for abilities makes the spec very powerful. Losing white damage balances this and encourages melee.

The importance of white damage (autoattack) cannot be understated in BfA. That's what I think you are missing. Playing from range is a huge DPS loss in sustained fights.

It's almost as if they took 1.0 survival builds and flipped the script on ranged vs. melee damage. I agree there should be a split in the talent tree that let's a hunter focus more on melee or more on ranged. I think that'd be super fun.

Bird of Prey especially could be replaced with a melee talent or buff.
06/22/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Wyspers
06/22/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Bjoramier

You can use every ranged ability in melee except Harpoon. There's no reason that you have to run out to range to use an ability that works in both. Having the option to go to range for abilities makes the spec very powerful. Losing white damage balances this and encourages melee.

The importance of white damage (autoattack) cannot be understated in BfA. That's what I think you are missing. Playing from range is a huge DPS loss in sustained fights.

It's almost as if they took 1.0 survival builds and flipped the script on ranged vs. melee damage. I agree there should be a split in the talent tree that let's a hunter focus more on melee or more on ranged. I think that'd be super fun.

Bird of Prey especially could be replaced with a melee talent or buff.

Talents could easily make the spec 10x better. Having them be a mix of range and melee, some should be baseline though like the harpoon one and the 2 charges for kill command, but i just dont like aspect of the eagle as an ability, maybe it's just because it's currently awkward to use, idk.