Remember PvP weekends?

War Mode and World PvP
If you have played this game long enough you remember AB, AV, WSG weekends where you earned bonus rep with those pvp factions. I envision something similar but to earn the bonus you actually need to go to the original post for AB, AV, and WSG. The rep needs to be updated and can include pvp posts, flasks, food, and recipies. I know that it isn't a perfect idea but with enough positive support this idea could work for almost all the battle grounds. I would exclude the 40 man ones, 100%. This idea might work with the proper incentives and would invigorate old content.
I remember those days, you always looked forward to AV weekends, it was the fastest way to cap honor gear on alliance.
That was back when Battlegrounds mattered, you geared and your main PVP was those battlegrounds.

It would be cool and I'd love to see a return if for nothing but nostalgic reasons, but I worry about how many would do it.
I liked Tol Barad
I would love to see winter grasp and tol barad have an impact. Maybe buff the warmode players a small % if your faction holds one or both.
Our thought was that the Brawls feature provides some of that gameplay, where a battleground is in the spotlight for a bit. Granted, not all battlegrounds have a brawl but we still plan on adding more as time goes on.

One thing we've added in Battle for Azeroth is "Call to Arms" for War Mode. Each week will be a different zone quest to kill a number of the opposing faction for a conquest reward (both Horde and Alliance are sent to the same zone). You can find it in the hubs in Boralus and Zuldazar.
06/06/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Phalanx
Our thought was that the Brawls feature provides some of that gameplay, where a battleground is in the spotlight for a bit. Granted, not all battlegrounds have a brawl but we still plan on adding more as time goes on.

One thing we've added in Battle for Azeroth is "Call to Arms" for War Mode. Each week will be a different zone quest to kill a number of the opposing faction for a conquest reward (both Horde and Alliance are sent to the same zone). You can find it in the hubs in Boralus and Zuldazar.

I really like the sound of that, and warmode in general seems like it's going to be fun, with a huge caveat: IF you're one of the self sufficient classes.

Not to hijack this thread with that discussion but I do think if war mode is going to be pushed so hard as a feature that some consideration should be given to that self sufficiency so it isn't just rogues/rets/ferals/tanks/healers everywhere all the time.

I like the idea, but what about honor? I’d like to grind out the prestige levels but doing so through WPvP is significantly slower than say BGs or Arenas, both of which I don’t enjoy. Could that weekly area be applied to base honor from kills as well, say like just 50% more?
06/06/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Laotl

I really like the sound of that, and warmode in general seems like it's going to be fun, with a huge caveat: IF you're one of the self sufficient classes.

Not to hijack this thread with that discussion but I do think if war mode is going to be pushed so hard as a feature that some consideration should be given to that self sufficiency so it isn't just rogues/rets/ferals/tanks/healers everywhere all the time.
Idk if you’ve tested it, but most the tanks feel like trash in WPvP right now. They can lose to DPS just 1v1. Also, many of my dps that are not hybrid or have self sufficiency are doing just fine.
06/06/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Lanair
Idk if you’ve tested it, but most the tanks feel like trash in WPvP right now. They can lose to DPS just 1v1. Also, many of my dps that are not hybrid or have self sufficiency are doing just fine.

Ive seen guardian druids 2v1 already
06/06/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Stickirikii

Then the dps were trash, guardians my main tank and they are one of the worst ones. A rogue can even kill you in a stun lock from full health. This isn’t even touching in the magic dmg weakness of tanks right now.
06/06/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Lanair
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Then the dps were trash, guardians my main tank and they are one of the worst ones. A rogue can even kill you in a stun lock from full health. This isn’t even touching in the magic dmg weakness of tanks right now.

06/06/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Stickirikii

Casters can melt tanks easy atm. melee minus rogue should struggle a bit but its still not that bad actually add feral with rogue as well ferals can destroy tanks easy too

I had no idea this was coming! What a great idea!

I also loved and miss the pvp weekends. While brawls are cool from time to time, for some reason I never do them after getting my win in...
There have been times where I'll get my W from the brawl then just queue random BGs.

I do the same thing in HOTS though.. I'll try the brawl once and think it's neat... then go queue QP..
the only issue with pvp weekends was that no one would do the other bgs when it was one bg's weekend.

Cool idea but the focus is too narrow. There are many expansions with a lot of good content in the World of Warcraft and most all the battle grounds are one that stands out. Or the arena queing areas in Nagrand and Tanaris, Haala, these areas have fallen by the wayside and there is still a rich experience to be apart of. What are you are proposing is the pvp version of WQ which will recieve some attention and would work if the rewards were worth the effort.
The idea of the brawls, while they are new and not linear they are not what my idea envisions.
WSG week(end) Horde on one side at their battlemaster, Alliance on the other where players, even in a party all have to be present to que, that when you win you earn the normal tokens as well as week(end) only tokens that allow for the purchasing of pots, flasks, food, items that will be applicable throughout the entire expansion and not on the reusable flask kind of way (where it has almost no value) but more akin to the reusable rune. This can be applied to arena as well.
This I know would invigorate pvp and make it a more active and relevant player pathway because having the rewards apply to pv3 and pvp will keep players interested.
06/07/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Gabagool
the only issue with pvp weekends was that no one would do the other bgs when it was one bg's weekend.

I see no problem with that, if one doesn't enjoy WSG then that week you will have to wait a bit longer for a que. Which can be viewed in two ways,
1) if only enjoy (insert BG name here) than either you wait a big longer and when that que pops you put in more effort to win, but lose out on the bonus pvp rewards.
2) One works through personal biases and learns to enjoy other bgs and earn bonus reward
3) One can't move past their personal biases and misses the fun, which is to no fault but their own.
Brawls are great, for sure. Please keep doing them.

However PvP weekends are still quite valuable. For achievement hunters, reputation farmers, or just people that enjoy X battleground and don't want to sacrifice all of the bonuses for specific queueing. There's a couple that I LOVE doing, and I would PvP nonstop during the times that I can run them endlessly without penalty. I sincerely miss being able to do this.

I realize that the reason for their removal was due to queue disruption, however I don't think that's a good enough reason to remove them, personally. If nothing else, I would like to suggest:

1. Doing battleground weeks during the off-week between each Brawl.
2. During this week, the battleground is removed from the Random Battleground queue.
3. Provide option to queue for either or both queues simultaneously.

This would allow people who want to focus a specific battleground to not get screwed out of the bonuses when they want/need to run a specific battleground, while also not disrupting the Random Battleground queue as aggressively as it may have in the past.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that I feel it's very disingenuous to claim that brawls are even close to a fair comparison to the regular battlegrounds they're based off of. Brawl rules take such a drastic spin on the base game mode that they play fundamentally different, and the only resemblances are the reused maps. Warsong Scramble plays nothing like Warsong Gulch, Gravity Lapse completely changes strategy of Eye of the Storm, and Deepwind Dunk isn't even the same objective.

The only 1-for-1 Brawl would be Arathi Blizzard; the terrain changes are minimal and its only gimmick doesn't actually affect gameplay, only coordination.
A pretty big problem with brawls imo is that they happen every other week. So if there is one you really like you usually have to wait 1-3 months for it to happen again or even for another good one to pop up.

I think a lot of us would really appreciate brawls becoming every week as opposed to every other week.

Edit: Or another great compromise would be to make them happen more frequently. 3-4 days on and then a couple days off before a new one pops up (or even just back to back).

This would be especially great because some of them are incredibly fun in short bursts (packed house 15v15 arena, the PvE one in the arena) but will burn you out pretty quickly by day 1 or 2, then when it goes away you'll find yourself wanting to play it some more and have to wait the aforementioned 1-3 months.
I like the Idea of rotating the PVP weekend system.

Weekend 1 Brawl Bonuses
Weekend 2 Arena Bonuses
Weekend 3 Warmode Bonuses

That way it will encourage the use of all the features instead of focusing on one and causing a burnout.

God the hype!!!! Man I’ve told stories of the great days of vanilla and world pvp! Grinded to grand marshal on the old system! Yes I had no life and this game was crack. the world pvp was so good with raids on x roads and so many amazing places that turned into war zones!

This xpack is answering so many world pvp cravings it’s insnae!! Can not come soon enough