Are Frost Deathknight Changes still coming?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I am extremely concerned over the deafening silence regarding Frost Deathknight.

This was posted 37 days ago now:
04/24/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Kaivax
We’ve still got a few changes coming soon in the Beta to Unholy Death Knights, Frost Death Knights, and Protection Warriors.

Since then Affliction, Balance, Fury, Marksmanship, all have gotten something towards their BFA design.

Frost is still the same talent tree from Live Legion WoW.

It's a class that can have upto 3 offensive cooldowns on the Global Cooldown, which are terrible to chain on Beta.

It only one talented rotational button that is worth using: Frostscythe, and is full of passive talents that don't change gameplay.

Here's all the frost specific abilities I have issue with:

Pillar of Frost
This has been a great short duration cooldown since it was remade from Unbreakable Armour in cataclysm. But now its on the GCD it suffers from the lack of instantly doing anything, much like Fury warrior cooldowns which have active effects now.
This is also available to use much more often than any cooldown in the game, due to Icecap and previous set bonus' which eats into GCDs used for damage abilities even more.
This cooldown needs a look taken at it.

Empower Rune Weapon
This was great as a reset everything cooldown for every spec before it was made Frost only. But now in this world of GCDs on everything, you instantly waste 1.5s of Rune regeneration, and you waste Pillar of Frost uptime when you run dry mid Pillar.
Like Hungering, its just a overkill button filling resources too harshly to be played with appropriately.

Runic Attenuation
Boring passive Runic Power generation that is barely noticeable taking almost 30 seconds of auto attacking just to add up to 25 Runic Power for just one Frost Strike.

Icy Talons
This is a fair amount of micro management to make sure the stacks don't fall off, and it only boosts auto attack damage, a very minor part of the damage pie.
I feel this is a talent purely designed to enforce the Dual Wield fast autoattacks ideal of Frost Deathknights that has become a thing since Cataclysm. Apart from this and Frozen Pulse there isn't really any mechanical reason why Frost shouldn't be able to use both kinds of weapons. But thats a whole nother topic.... and giant can of worms.

Shattering Strikes
Two out of three Frost Strikes are stronger, while reducing passive Frost damage from Remorseless Winter, Frost Fever and whatever other sources of Frost damage we might get over the expansion.
Does this change how the spec is played? Not really because you are still locked into the resource rotation, Runic Power has to be spent with Frost Strikes to give more Runes and not be wasted.

Freezing Fog
Boring just passively boosts the dot and Howling Blast from Rime procs. Is there anything to play around here? Does this encourage more Howling Blasts? No because they are locked behind Rime procs.

At least Murderous Efficiency and Horn of Winter have instant resource repercussions, even if they don't alter rotation that much.

Icecap
Feels like a detriment now, reducing the cooldown on a very short 1 Min Pillar of Frost, just adds more GCDs to the rotation are that wasted on Cooldowns that don't do anything for their GCD.

Avalanche
Just passively more damage while your cooldown is active, boring and just here looking pretty.
Glacial Advance
This ability was heralded as the big new Frost button in the Legion class preview blogs, but it has lacked for the whole expansion.
Firstly it is bugged so if you cast it near a wall it doesn't travel and just spawns and stays slightly behind your right foot.
Secondly it doesn't interact with any of the rest of the class' toolkit. It doesn't proc Rime or benefit from Killing Machine, it doesn't add Razorice stacks. It doesn't have any affect on Obliteration.
It is out shined mechanically and damage wise by Frostscythe in every situation.
This talent is really a waste of a talent slot, and needs replacing.

Frozen Pulse
Again another source of passive extra auto attack damage, if you're low on resources and gear, which gets harder to accomplish the more haste is gained across the expansion.
The damage is absolutely pitiful considering it has to compete with Gathering Storm as a great sustained aoe talent, and Frostscythe as a great bursty aoe talent.

Hungering Rune Weapon
I understand the need to decouple this and Breath of Sindragosa in 7.3, but what we're left with is a terrible button that just fills resources miles faster than we are able to spend.
Hungering was great as a smoother Empower Rune Weapon that gave more runes over time. But add 20% haste on top of that and it becomes unusable just flooding Runes and Runic far beyond what is spendable, which doesn't feel good as a damage increasing button at all.

Obliteration
Another offensive cooldown on the Global Cooldown. Now that 1.5s of either the duration of Pillar of Frost or Obliteration will be wasted overlapping the cooldowns, and its clearly a mess that needs fixing.
Also the whole ability is based on the cost reduction of Obliterate, but the main damage source is from the 100% Killing Machine procs, it just feels like you need to excessively weave the abilities to get value out of the button. Also with its interaction with Murderous Efficiency this becomes a much more stable resource gaining Cooldown than both Empower and Hungering Rune Weapons.

Breath of Sindragosa
The max i've managed to keep this up for on Beta is 20 seconds, with 1.5 seconds wasted to Empower Rune Weapon in the middle.
I love this talent when its working properly in a middle ground between Warlords levels of burst with it, and the bad insanity that was Breath in Nighthold. I absolutely don't want this talent to go away but with GCDs being lost in the middle of it to Empower Rune Weapon and Pillar of Frost, it needs some serious attention.

I really hope this spec sees some change soon or an idea of what to expect, its now June in the British Isles afterall. :P
most likely no changes, until game goes live, then about 2 months into release they will give frost a 20% damage buff. its too late for major changes now. game releases in 2 months
06/04/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Killstheweak
most likely no changes, until game goes live, then about 2 months into release they will give frost a 20% damage buff. its too late for major changes now. game releases in 2 months

This. Or they'll say what they said to Demonology warlocks, "We'd prefer you didn't play Demonology."

I like how it wasn't okay for Fury to suffer from the GCD problem. But it's totally fine for frost. Great logic there.
At this point it seems like they forgot we even exist.
They pushed out the changes for the other classes and specs mentioned in that post fairly quickly, but Frost is still sitting around with only talented Wraith Walk as any kind of change.
We really need a Blue response to this. Its been over a month since we were told we are getting a revamp and still nothing.
They nerfed two pvp talents: Tundra Stalker and Overpowered Rune Weapon, for whatever it's worth. I'm almost cynical enough to believe that's the change they had in mind; then again, I'm not really sure when those changes were committed. Sad state of affairs.
Just a "Yes, something to come." from a Blue would put a lot of players and frost enthusiasts at ease.
Nope..... not even any acknowledgement of the frost dk community....
I will be very sincerely surprised if changes don’t come in a near build. They already acknowledged that CD stacking feels miserable on the GCD, and the pattern this beta cycle has been that they don’t speak up unless there’s something substantial to report.
06/05/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Malus
Just a "Yes, something to come." from a Blue would put a lot of players and frost enthusiasts at ease.

Would it though? Plenty of people in the Hunter community lashed out when told their comments and other things were being read. You really cant blame the blues for being so picky with their words in such a criticizing and somewhat toxic community..
Two-handed weapons.

It is time to correct the great mistake.
Frost DK is not getting changes. They are doing what they did to Demo in Legion where they don't want you to play it until they can fix it over the course of an entire expansion. They will never admit it because they got so much backlash for saying it about Demo but they are 100% factually doing this.
It would be polite to at least inform the frost DK playerbase whether or not the tier 58 and tier 60 talent row swap is the extend of "changes" Kaivax was referring to.
I dream of the day where Blizz acknowledges that this spec still exists.
06/06/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Zynrok
I dream of the day where Blizz acknowledges that this spec still exists.

Of course they remember frost mages exist, don't be silly!
I am optimistically thinking there are massive changes for frost and it is just taking awhile for them to get it ready for beta testing. I just lol'd at myself for thinking that.
Most Frost DK are praying that Blizzard listens to their call to give them back 2H rune weapons......DW has never fit the fantasy of Frost. That’s quite a big change so it’s reasonable to assume it will take some time.

There are still a few months until release and it’s best to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt until that point. Changes are coming.....
06/06/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Bubbletimes
Most Frost DK are praying that Blizzard listens to their call to give them back 2H rune weapons......DW has never fit the fantasy of Frost. That’s quite a big change so it’s reasonable to assume it will take some time.

Don't talk in the name of other people, I for once like DW and I hope 2H is never back, it only caused balancing problems for the class.