Master Loot removal

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 12 Next
06/09/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Singularis
06/09/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Rastlin

Wrong.

They need a full roster so they will take new players.

They just will not be able to exploit them!

This is why we have logs to filter out the garbage before they get invited to the raid

Basically. This forces Raid leaders to be even more exclusive
06/10/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Zainoqt
06/09/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Singularis

This is why we have logs to filter out the garbage before they get invited to the raid

Basically. This forces Raid leaders to be even more exclusive

Not really, guilds will still have to maintain a certain amount of recruitment to stay active. Unless this change somehow increases retention it won't decrease that need.
Is anything else changing with loot? When I mythic raided last tier I would get at least one piece of loot , sometimes two, on our clear days using ML. But I can go into a heroic raid with personal loot and 6 seals and not get a single thing during the entire run.
06/09/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Puntahunta
06/09/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Rastlin

Wrong.

They need a full roster so they will take new players.

They just will not be able to exploit them!

you have no idea about what being part of a team is about. individuals do not mater , only whats best for the team.

Blizzard wisely revised the rules because of abuse.
I strongly supported the change.
06/09/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Kammi
If people are not supporting my viewpoint because I called bad excuses "snowflakes" rather than for the content of the viewpoint, then that's a much bigger problem that I cannot help.

You MIGHT have people agree with you if you didnt turn them off with your disgraceful attitude. If you say "Pizza is great!" then add insults, even pizza lovers will avoid you.

If you wanted some kind of rational discussion, you devolved it in the OP. If you think a valid point over rides a bad messenger, you must be new to Earth.

I disagree with you. I am glad ML is going away. But even Roy Moore in Alabama lost, with everyone in Alabama agreeing with his opinions. Because he was a bad messenger.

The messenger turned off ears to the message. Even if you had a point, it is easily dismissed and mocked when it is presented as an attack.
It's a crap move by Blizzard supported by ignorant people it doesn't effect.

That's basically the gist of it all.
Well, this got ugly ugly overnight, shocker

Sorry but the rise of group finder, crz ect ect and less static raid groups is the thing now. ML no longer has anyplace.
06/10/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Vicktoria
Well, this got ugly ugly overnight, shocker

Sorry but the rise of group finder, crz ect ect and less static raid groups is the thing now. ML no longer has anyplace.
yes your right i have a feeling thats the main reason behind it and less about people abuseing it its just easier to implement.
News flash, wow is not a job. You don't need earn anything. Just have fun. And if someone down a boss with the group, they should have the same chance to get a shoot at the loot.
06/10/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Felthepain
News flash, wow is not a job. You don't need earn anything. Just have fun. And if someone down a boss with the group, they should have the same chance to get a shoot at the loot.
correct its not a job its a game for fun.
I've been playing this game for...for-ev-er. That being said, here are my two cents.

ML or no ML, doesn't matter what is done or isn't, people are going to be pissed off about it either way. That is clear and can be proven without pulling any statistics out of my butt hole.

Second, what I would rather see changed than ML or no ML is that if I use a fricken re-roll token, I should really be getting gear a heck of a lot more often than I do because honestly? Either my luck is horrific as horrific can get, or I'm not pushing the re-roll button hard enough. I've stopped using the tokens because gear never drops. Which is why I buy them. And use them. An fail.

Third.......

I forgot.
06/09/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Kammi
All the others are just pandering to the snowflakes.

Blizzard pandering to snowflakes, it's a conspiracy! And OP is a frost mage, too!

Look, what it comes down to is that people who raid in top 100 guilds are the minority, and interest in raiding has been falling. If Blizzard didn't make this change, you would eventually have nobody left to fill in the people who come and go in your guild. Running a raid guild is like constantly plugging a hole in a boat, and if you run out of stuff to put in that hole because nobody wants to ride on your boat anymore, the boat sinks.

As a leader of a raid guild you should know this and should want more interest in raiding among casual players, or what you call "snowflakes". Removing ML has caused there to be more interest in raiding for casual players.
Nope. It shoulda been in the game years ago. I had a mount that I worked hard for, stolen from me by someone who was greedy.

Greed is not eternal.
In the end regardless ML is going bye bye
06/09/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Infernastorm

Seems like you're bound and determine to make this into a 'neener neener you're wrong' thing.

Nah, that's been the attitude of the majority of anti-ML individuals instead.

But please, keep trying to redirect. It's cute.
06/10/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Sympathy
06/09/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Kammi
All the others are just pandering to the snowflakes.

Blizzard pandering to snowflakes, it's a conspiracy! And OP is a frost mage, too!

Look, what it comes down to is that people who raid in top 100 guilds are the minority, and interest in raiding has been falling. If Blizzard didn't make this change, you would eventually have nobody left to fill in the people who come and go in your guild. Running a raid guild is like constantly plugging a hole in a boat, and if you run out of stuff to put in that hole because nobody wants to ride on your boat anymore, the boat sinks.

As a leader of a raid guild you should know this and should want more interest in raiding among casual players, or what you call "snowflakes". Removing ML has caused there to be more interest in raiding for casual players.

The removal of ML is making spiteful individuals happy that care for nothing more than to ruin something somebody else likes and uses.

Hate to break it to you, but most of the people that are happily singing praises about this or that are mostly indifferent aren't going to be pushing Mythic Raids. That's just not the demographic represented in this situation.

Some people want to "stick it to the man" that puts time and effort into doing well as part of a well-organized group.

Some people got burned once and can't ever get over that fact and move on, many of which don't understand that ML's usage is restricted to 80%+ guild groups.

Some people are just incapable of understanding how this impacts guilds that used it, having either never run under it before or not running under it long enough to see the long-term benefits.
06/09/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Kammi
06/09/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Celindas
If they were in the group and helped down the boss then they deserve loot. They earned it.

Do you play any team sports/games? I think of loot like the game ball at the end of the game. There isn't one for everyone, so someones gotta get it. You think it should just be random? What about the guy who hit 2 HRs and had 5 rbis, dont you think he deserves it a little more than the guy with 3 strikeouts and a single?

Oh, and who gets to decide who deserves more? Oh, that's right you did.

It is a system that is ripe for abuse, and it looks like you are part of the the problem. This is why they are changing it.
06/10/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Felthepain

News flash not everyone plays for the same reason as you
06/10/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Blimpo
06/09/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Kammi

Do you play any team sports/games? I think of loot like the game ball at the end of the game. There isn't one for everyone, so someones gotta get it. You think it should just be random? What about the guy who hit 2 HRs and had 5 rbis, dont you think he deserves it a little more than the guy with 3 strikeouts and a single?

Oh, and who gets to decide who deserves more? Oh, that's right you did.

It is a system that is ripe for abuse, and it looks like you are part of the the problem. This is why they are changing it.

That's a pretty illogical leap.

Then again, the argument against ML supporters has essentially been waves upon waves of illogical thought, ad hominem, and "neener neener" stuff.
When it comes to systems that breed abuse. Whether folks like it or not a smart decision is to error on the side of the argument to remove mechanism of abuse. That is what blizzard has decided to do. For a multitude of reasons.