Castigation vs Twist of fate

Arenas
which disc talent is better?
Castigation if you can get away with it, if you don't think you can run twist
I used castigation alot until I swapped for twist of fate. Now I just run ToF. It helps more when you fall behind or get caught.
06/13/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Stickysavior
I used castigation alot until I swapped for twist of fate. Now I just run ToF. It helps more when you fall behind or get caught.

thing is, you don't want to fall behind. disc loses all its potential when you fall behind because you have to stop being aggressive and spam shadow mend.
run castigation, unless you think you're not good enough to play it.
06/13/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Sabbatia

thing is, you don't want to fall behind. disc loses all its potential when you fall behind because you have to stop being aggressive and spam shadow mend.

I usually play with rl friends/family or with people not in voice, so things get overlapped and falling behind will happen. I don't have set people that I run with every week so that's why it works better for me.
06/13/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Stickysavior

I usually play with rl friends/family or with people not in voice, so things get overlapped and falling behind will happen. I don't have set people that I run with every week so that's why it works better for me.

Imo, I think Twist of Fate is more beneficial, and promotes the offensive play style that a Disc should play with more than castigation does. Good or bad, I think it is natural for discs to fall behind and benefit a lot from Twist of Fate, via Atonement and being able to keep your team offensive, as opposed to defensive. I think if you've retreated to LOS and are relying on Shadow Mend healing, you've already lost the fight.
06/13/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Chibaceous

Imo, I think Twist of Fate is more beneficial, and promotes the offensive play style that a Disc should play with more than castigation does. Good or bad, I think it is natural for discs to fall behind and benefit a lot from Twist of Fate, via Atonement and being able to keep your team offensive, as opposed to defensive. I think if you've retreated to LOS and are relying on Shadow Mend healing, you've already lost the fight.

I agree. The proc lets you stay out and keep dishing out damage, or allows you to push way in for a fear/disrupt their position in regard to your potential cc chain. 33% more penance dmg is sweet, but I find the proc to be useful in multiple different scenarios, either defensive or offensive. Also, it will proc from either damage or healing, which fits the either or situation.
06/13/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Chibaceous

if u sit out in los of the enemy team and try to outheal damage with atonement ur gonna lose the game in 30 seconds
having ur team sit with u behind the pillar in between setups, not taking avoidable damage, is required as most disc comps (unless ur playing some damp bull!@#$)
Thank you all for feed back!
I run defender/twist every game and just keep me and my partner low and pump insane damage twisting like wetzel. it's actually an insane talent
06/13/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Iilpeep
if u sit out in los of the enemy team and try to outheal damage with atonement ur gonna lose the game in 30 seconds
having ur team sit with u behind the pillar in between setups, not taking avoidable damage, is required as most disc comps (unless ur playing some damp bull!@#$)

No way dude legit just walk out and only do damage to enemy team and pw:s off cooldown with twist, santuary, searing light, solace... do more dmg than enemy dps and collect mmr
It’s quite simple: twist vs high single target pressure and castigation vs rot paired with trinity.

Disc/feral 2s player btw
vim castigation or ur a poosay
06/13/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Zhuly
No way dude legit just walk out and only do damage to enemy team and pw:s off cooldown with twist, santuary, searing light, solace... do more dmg than enemy dps and collect mmr

Feels weird to play disc without Clarity of Will. Kinda like a Frenchman without his trusty baguette.
06/13/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Stormkick

Disc/feral 2s player btw

?
06/13/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Sonnyblackyo
06/13/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Zhuly

Feels weird to play disc without Clarity of Will. Kinda like a Frenchman without his trusty baguette.

Yeah idk maybe im crazy but i havent played clarity yet, i honestly hate that talent. so free to purge and long cast

Yeah Yr good
06/13/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Kyraza

Yeah Yr good

kek
It really depends on what you're fighting and what you think your win condition will be, and thus how you plan to play the game out.

If you're playing against rots like spriest or aff lock, I'd usually opt to play castigation as my team really won't be falling below 35% that often and the extra tick of offensive penance increases my spread healing quite a bit. If you're playing into a setup comp like RMP I would usually take twist as your teammates will often be low hp as you come out of CC and a VIM + ToF shield into penance can top them in two globals.

Aside from the comp I'm facing, if I decide to play castigation its because I want higher AoE healing, which means I should couple it trinity. And if you're playing trinity you and your teammates have to be aware that you have to be very selective with how/when you use your fears because you can munch a lot of free CC if you're crossing the map without the ability to press Prem. So occasionally even into rot comps I will play Twist/Prem instead of castigation/trinity because I know our win condition involves landing fears, and while castigation/trinity may keep us alive for 2 more minutes, we will just die then instead. These talent choices are usually something I talk with my partners about before the game along with things like if we're going to need Dark Arch or not, there's really no "this one if for sure always better", its very dependent on what you're fighting and how you're fighting it.