Is Gnomeregan that hated?

General Discussion
I queue... I wait about 5 minutes and my dungeon pops

I zone in, it's Gnomeregan

Instantly pretty much tank leaves, healer then leaves, and the other 2 DPS follow

So now I sit all by myself in the dungeon waiting for people..

I mean, is this dungeon that hated that people zone in and instantly bail?
You should leave and re-queue at that rate.

It's hated enough that if you've done the quests already, there's little point in doing it again. For some players.
Yes it is that hated. It's a confusing mess. And if you are in a group with a hunter or lock who doesn't dismiss their pet before making the leap you will meet the conga line of death.

(puts out a little tray of cookies for all to enjoy)
Yes, it's horrible. Always has been. I bail on it too. I can eat the deserter, quest, re-queue once it's done, and finish another dungeon before that piece of crap dungeon has finished.
I remember many expansions ago trying to farm engineering mats from Gnomeregan. There also used to be a fencing sword that dropped in gnome land but I never got it.
I find it to be one of the easier and quicker dungeons, provided that everyone knows about the jumps and pet people know to dismiss said pets. I don't love it, but I know that it will be over in short order.
It's the most hated instance in the game.
06/15/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Grumbles
Yes it is that hated. It's a confusing mess. And if you are in a group with a hunter or lock who doesn't dismiss their pet before making the leap you will meet the conga line of death.

/takes a cookie and nibbles on it

Not to mention that annoying trogg boss that some tanks decide they aren't going to skip. It's an oddly soul crushing moment when you see the tank turn left after the entrance, instead of jumping down.
06/15/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Dystas

I thought that was the Oculus.
It's honestly not that much of a chore, though the "jump and mage/warlock/hunter forgot to dismiss pet" is a frequent thing. I always find it amusing tbh.

But yeah, if everyone drops you may as well drop too.
It's among my most disliked dungeons... Alongside Halls of Stone, Slave Pens, Underbog, Halls of Reflection, Stonecore, and Maraudon
It's on par with skinny-dipping in a pool filled with lemon juice and razor blades.
*shrugs*

I have always liked it. It is big and massive and you have to be careful. After all, it's supposed to be a city overrun with troggs and leper gnomes.

At some point, it was made a bit smaller; but, a lot of players still dislike how big it is. Today's crowd seems to prefer more streamlined instances rather than the D&D inspired dungeons of earlier WoW.
Its pretty quick if you know what you're doing. Yes, people not dismissing their pet can be a problem, but I remind them to dismiss them when we enter so they have time to do it.
I had to run it twice, just yesterday actually, to get some mats for the the Combat Piloting Reeves Module. I was surprised to find that I hadn't done the instance quest (on my hardcore, gnome's gnome), at least not the Cata rework.

I honestly found it easier to navigate and get through than I remembered. Keeping in mind that I was also looking for mechanicals to kill off (so I was hitting all the nooks and crannies) but if you were just looking to get in, do the thing, and get out, it could be done pretty quickly, actually. Even on-level.
06/15/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Dremall
06/15/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Dystas

I thought that was the Oculus.

When it was current it took the cake. Now that they are both leveling dungeons gnomer is worse. Personally i just won't do it anymore.
I liked it once, way back in vanilla but the thinking is completely different these days

Now?

I really dont care for it one bit
if you are in a group with a hunter or lock who doesn't dismiss their pet before making the leap you will meet the conga line of death.

Oh man, this is just too true lmao. Nobody sees it coming until there's a frigging legion of troggs and radioactive gnomes coming to rek you.

This pretty much sums it up. I also hate the place, as much as I enjoy killing gnomes.
It should of became a gnome city after Wrath but it didn't. All that "battle for gnomergen" for nothing.