where are class raid buffs?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
so the developers have said that class raid buffs are returning in BFA. this means mages are getting arcane intellect back, priests will get Power Word: Fortitude, druids will get Mark of the Wild, etc etc.

We are about 9 weeks from the release date for BFA and these are completely missing from the game... So I'm just wondering... where are they?

have the developers changed their mind about putting these into the game again? if not, why can't we have them to help test raid balance?
I believe only Mages Priests and Warriors get them back. Druids do not get MotW.
This is disappointing. Was really looking forward to class buffs returning.

Also it’s confusing for the playerbase because the last official statement of class buffs was from Blizcon stating they were coming back.

Could we get an official statement on where development is with class buffs? Thanks.
Mages get a 10% int buff.

Priests get a 10% stamina raid buff.

Warriors get a 10% attack power raid buff.

Monks get a 5% physical vulnerability debuff for enemies.

Demon hunters get a 5% magic vulnerability debuff for enemies.

That is all there currently is. I wish there was some replication on each so certain classes weren’t forced, but that currently isn’t the case.
That seems like it will cause a lot of problems with 5-man compositions.
All buffs can be provided in a slightly weaker form from Inscription, from what I understand. So, they don't really need you anyway...
06/07/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Wraithe
All buffs can be provided in a slightly weaker form from Inscription, from what I understand. So, they don't really need you anyway...

exactly this the sky is not falling inscrip will be able to compensate buffs lacking

Not the Monk or Demon Hunter buffs.
06/07/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Twopercent

exactly this the sky is not falling inscrip will be able to compensate buffs lacking

At only 70% the effectiveness. I'd say even non-serious raiding guilds would want to have mages and warriors in their roster.

What's more, the DH and monk debuffs don't currently have an alternative, so those are practically mandatory. As for why they gave these utility-ridden classes MORE utility, I can't rightly say.
06/07/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Beraht

I find it odd that the monk buff provides physical (so it essentially buffs itself) and the DH provides magic so it doesn't.

Has the DH damage-type distribution been changed to a lot more magic?

And why was the buff given to one of the most powerful dpsers at the end of legion, and one of the most popular classes? You'd think it would go to two lower pop specs.

It's not like either of those two were lacking in utility...
06/07/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Midguard
06/07/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Beraht

I find it odd that the monk buff provides physical (so it essentially buffs itself) and the DH provides magic so it doesn't.

And why was the buff given to one of the most powerful dpsers at the end of legion, and one of the most popular classes? You'd think it would go to two lower pop specs.

It's the class fantasy. They are infused with Fel Magic, so they can use it against magic users like Illidan did against Gul'dan.
Basically all buffs will be provided by Inscription minus the +5% magic (DH) or Physical (Monk) buffs.
They are assuming raids will basically have at least 1 of each class-providing buffs, and that's precisely the reason they re-introduced those raid-wide buffs.
Other specs, like Locks, for example, already have a lot of utility so I understand they instead of introducing buffs to each and every class, their approach was minimalistic.
The Monk and DH buff, on the other hand, isn't game-breaking to Mythic Plus, Raider.io score will be the decising factor.
06/07/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Exstania
... I find it odd that the monk buff provides physical (so it essentially buffs itself) and the DH provides magic so it doesn't.

It's the class fantasy. They are infused with Fel Magic, so they can use it against magic users like Illidan did against Gul'dan.

It's not like you can't imagine that same ability on a variety of other classes. DKs, for example, have an 8% magic damage debuff as an honor talent.

Demon Hunter's have quite a few attacks that are in fact magic damage. The biggest part of their damage comes from Chaos Strike/Annihilation and Eye Beam and all those are Chaos Damage, not physical.

Fel Rush is also Chaos Damage, leaving Glaive Throw, Blade Dance and Demon's bite as their physical damage options.
Hopefully NYI. Historically when a spec lacks a key buff, or ability, they tend to get benched. A lot of times a lower preforming spec with a key buff will be taken over a higher preforming spec without. Not saying the sky is falling, but it is still a concern.
Mehhh
locks had one original after the first couple of BFA builds ,and they removed it and gave it over to DH:
was hoping locks would see it coming back as Dark Intent 3% Haste to group.
like we used to have
Personally, I'm against the paradigm of mentally spreadsheeting raid comps, where multiple specs provide the same buff and you need to memorize who provides what.

Having consumables provide the buff is fine, but there really needs to be a +% physical/magic damage consumable. There's no doubt in my mind that Monks and/or DHs will be hard locks in group comps for high keystones.
I think that, for the sake of raid comps, Blizzard considers both Battle Rez and Bloodlust to be on the same tier as these buffs, which is kinda weird because Mages give both Time Warp and Arcane Intel.

In that vein, though, we're unlikely to see Shamans, Warlocks, Druids, or DKs providing these buffs anytime soon.
06/07/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Rokugan
I think that, for the sake of raid comps, Blizzard considers both Battle Rez and Bloodlust to be on the same tier as these buffs, which is kinda weird because Mages give both Time Warp and Arcane Intel.

In that vein, though, we're unlikely to see Shamans, Warlocks, Druids, or DKs providing these buffs anytime soon.

Well Druids DKs and Locks have Brez. Poor Poor Shamans.
06/07/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Rokugan

The thing with Battle Rez and Bloodlust is that they're spread across three classes each. Not so with the stat buffs and the damage debuffs. You will need a warrior, a priest, a mage, a demon hunter, and a monk in your comp, or else you're gimped. There are no realistic alternatives.