Anyone else think Divine Steed feels Awkward?

General Discussion
06/17/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Heiron
06/17/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Baing
It would make more sense if you just had angelic wings shoot out of your back and carry you forward quickly.

This is exactly what I thought would be cool, move similarly to swimming but landlocked.

Step 1: Broken Shore Class Mount

Step 2: Broken Shore Class Mount Glyph of your choice.
06/17/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Farora
My problem with it is that it counts as a mount so if you use it and happen to under a low ceiling/branch/whatever at the time it will instantly kick you off and you lose your speed buff.

Do you guys just play in first person ? It's pretty easy to see when you're "stuck" under something when your camera is properly zoomed out and suddenly zooms all the way in. Move 2 steps and then press Divine Steed.

06/17/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Jbeverest
Everything about legion pally feels awkward and skillless so yeah, I agree.

Sounds like a personal issue. You want to talk about it ?
<span class="truncated">...</span>Powered by the Light. Yup. So I want my streams of light speed boost back. That makes more sense than a horse appearing out of thin air for a few seconds.

Paladins and horses go together like Peanut butter and jelly.

Streams of light just sounds like something a young anime writer would come up with.

Either way, this is what Glyphs are for. I'm always for more options.
Erm... streams of light are what we used to have. It's the same animation as the speed boost in HoV. It always looked great and makes more sense to me than a magically appearing and disappearing horse for a few seconds inside a castle or other weird places.

You've got class mounts. Why does a few second speed boost have to be a horse, as well?

It's just awkward to me. I'm sprinting to keep up, not mounting up on a horse inside some place to move a few inches forward.
Totally.

But on the other hand I love my D3 Crusader and that's obviously where it's coming from so

I'd rather have Light Speed back
06/17/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Sunday

But on the other hand I love my D3 Crusader and that's obviously where it's coming from so
D3 Crusader's Falling Sword would be one badass mobility spell for WoW Paladins. It can be used similar to Metamorphosis of DHs in terms of mobility, you target a place then you fly and crash down on it after a short delay.

But it's kind of 'Angelic' spell, so i guess it'll stay exclusive to Odyn's Val'kyrs.
06/17/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Smallshadow
I agree it is a bit awkward. My pally is a Drenni and the elephant is horrible. Once I got her order hall mount I bought the glyph to change it to a horse so it is a bit more bearable.
You do know that there are some really nice Paladin charger horse mounts available from the Argent Tournament? I think that they honestly look much better than the original charger mounts.
06/17/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Amaer
06/17/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Smallshadow
I agree it is a bit awkward. My pally is a Drenni and the elephant is horrible. Once I got her order hall mount I bought the glyph to change it to a horse so it is a bit more bearable.
You do know that there are some really nice Paladin charger horse mounts available from the Argent Tournament? I think that they honestly look much better than the original charger mounts.

Unfortunately, they don't show up under divine steed, I keep getting the freaking elek. So, its essentially useless for me indoors, Dranei sit higher than humans to begin with, add a freaking elephant and going through doorways is a...challenge. There have been times when I *really* want to race swap to human just to get rid of the elek. I feel sorry for tauren, must really stink for them.

And for those of you who say...oh, but there's a glyph...I haven't got my class hall mounts yet. Yes, it was my decision to do so. But the fact is that I *shouldn't* need a glyph to do so. I don't use the elek while just riding around, why can't I choose my divine steed...*without* needing a work around?

Other than the elek, I'm fine with divine steed. But yeah, the elek ruins things for me.
I love it tanking on my pally--you bust into the room on your giant golden horse like a holy version of the Kool-aid man and start laying down some law and consecrates :D
06/17/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Dawnsong
06/17/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Sunday

D3 Crusader's Falling Sword would be one badass mobility spell for WoW Paladins. It can be used similar to Metamorphosis of DHs in terms of mobility, you target a place then you fly and crash down on it after a short delay.

But it's kind of 'Angelic' spell, so i guess it'll stay exclusive to Odyn's Val'kyrs.
A combination of Falling Sword and Heroic Leap was the ret mobility skill in Legion alpha, then it got cut for the pony. Arator and Turalyon still use it.
I honestly wouldn't mind having Long Arm of the Law back instead. The only times I really found the need to speed up is in the middle of a battle anyway.
It's literally the only reason I stopped playing my paladin.

There should be a glyph that changes it to just a movement speed animation, I hate the steed it looks clunky.
09/24/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Celeste
It's literally the only reason I stopped playing my paladin.

There should be a glyph that changes it to just a movement speed animation, I hate the steed it looks clunky.

Yeah it's almost as awkward as necroing 3 month old threads.
Nice! Got to love necros.
I hate it. Look, im a tauren- were big girls. We ride kodos. When i use and go thru a door i get stuck. People point and laugh. Its embarrassing. Bring back speed of light plz.
the only thing I find awkward is the fact that steed of glory doesn't work half the time in PvP. mage slows and some others still slow me despite being supposedly immune from the PvP talent.
I love it.
Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 3 times that growing a full sized horse out of my crotch would have saved me from a socially awkward situation.
09/25/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Eyoheta
I hate it. Look, im a tauren- were big girls. We ride kodos. When i use and go thru a door i get stuck. People point and laugh. Its embarrassing. Bring back speed of light plz.

Gurrlllll, don't mind with those haters with their little doors. You walk by them nice and slow with that big assed kodo.
Lol people think it is flashy? Riding a horse? What? It is like such a low budget movement ability just one step moving running faster lol. As unflashy as you can get.

To answer OPs question, yes I find it super awkward. A holy fire a blazed dash or teleport would be much cooler and more fun.
09/25/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Orkash
Lol people think it is flashy? Riding a horse? What? It is like such a low budget movement ability just one step moving running faster lol. As unflashy as you can get.

To answer OPs question, yes I find it super awkward. A holy fire a blazed dash or teleport would be much cooler and more fun.
I agree.
Either that, or atleast make it a light horse of something.