Not happy with the current ban system

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Currently, blizzard ban or auto ban i have no idea, for things that doesnt go their way in the game atm. which i can understand as they have their terms and condition.

This is a post about me long time ago, which i got suspended i have no idea why, i didnt cheat or whatever. But whatever, long time ago like i said.

Recently, i got my friend totally new to WoW, bought the whole new game towards BFA pre order.

Played for 2 weeks at level 110, went to BG, he complainted to me what is this rubber banding going back to his spawn spot bug during 1 bg match.

Next thing u know, 5 minutes later he got suspended 6 months until december, good bye 60$ usd for 2 weeks. So i talked to GM, and i manage to find out that it indeed was because of BG weird thing that they accused him for cheating.

Now the thing is, we explained, appealed and they still think HE HACK, like, the account is 2 weeks old, nothing good comes from pvping and teleporting to ur own base without your own will.

Anyway, the real topic i wanna talk about which im not happy is.

Blizzard wont give reason because its to prevent hackers and cheaters from making a better bot. However, this also defeat the purpose on letting us avoid that kind of situation. or knowing what caused it. Like how do we avoid getting randomly teleporting or how do we avoid not getting ban/suspended?

its like teaching your own kid, when you beat them up or tell them their wrong, the only way to improve is by learning from mistake. How do we even improve?

The appeal said , "X DID CHEAT " upheld no doubt. like what? that just reminds of my situation long time ago. once the cop said ur guilty, ur guilty. the end.

" how do we learn to avoid something we dont even know how it happen"

2 weeks old account
This falls under the umbrella of "your friend isn't telling you the whole story."

We don't discuss disciplinary actions on the forums. Of ourselves, or of our friends. We're not allowed to do so.
I don't think they spend enough time on those appeals because they have a bias towards thinking everyone is guilty as charged.
06/07/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Dkbunny
ecently, i got my friend totally new to WoW,

Lol, totally.
06/07/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Crepe
This falls under the umbrella of "your friend isn't telling you the whole story."

We don't discuss disciplinary actions on the forums. Of ourselves, or of our friends. We're not allowed to do so.

i think u failed to see my real point here. this had happened to me before, u only believe it when it happens to you.

the real point is, to learn something, or how do we not get banned/suspend for no reason. a way to improve. its like going to the doctor and the doctor tells u what food u should avoid.

we cant avoid instead we have to cross our fingers in hope we dont get unlucky again
You know why you got suspended. Your friend knows why he got banned. You won't find sympathy here.

If he appealed and it was held up, then he cheated. He isn't telling you the whole story.

Crepe has it right.

06/07/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Dkbunny

i think u failed to see my real point here. this had happened to me before, u only believe it when it happens to you.

the real point is, to learn something, or how do we not get banned/suspend for no reason. a way to improve. its like going to the doctor and the doctor tells u what food u should avoid.

we cant avoid instead we have to cross our fingers in hope we dont get unlucky again

Don't download sketchy third party apps. Keep your computer secure. Don't share accounts. All these things will prevent this. Occasionally a false positive comes up, but those are found out on appeal.

It's basic stuff. Blizzard has no obligation to teach how to not cheat, nor do they have to tell you the exact thing you did. You know what you did. You are an adult, they can't hold you or your friends hand.

we cant avoid instead we have to cross our fingers in hope we dont get unlucky again. AGAIN, i understand, we dont want the bad guy to improve, what about the innocents. ive been there.
Your friend could have sworn to you he didn't cheat but in reality he cheated. This is a plausible situation too that you should keep an open mind to. I know it's hard to come to terms that your friend could be a cheater because you like the person.
You guys are using some addon that plays the game for you, simple as that. That's hacking the game, you know.
Recently, i got my friend totally new to WoW, bought the whole new game towards BFA pre order.

Played for 2 weeks at level 110, went to BG, he complainted to me what is this rubber banding going back to his spawn spot bug during 1 bg match.

Next thing u know, 5 minutes later he got suspended 6 months until december, good bye 60$ usd for 2 weeks. So i talked to GM, and i manage to find out that it indeed was because of BG weird thing that they accused him for cheating.

Yeah, this definitely never happened.
t

06/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Amine
I don't think they spend enough time on those appeals because they have a bias towards thinking everyone is guilty as charged.

they spend 5 minute to reply appeals right away. and they accused for sure cheated. 5 minutes, that was quick, for a new 60 dollar bought 2 week account with 0 gold and nothing inside.

what happen was, a rubber band in bg, have u guys ever get rubber banded back to ur spot in bg before?
06/07/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Dkbunny
we cant avoid instead we have to cross our fingers in hope we dont get unlucky again. AGAIN, i understand, we dont want the bad guy to improve, what about the innocents. ive been there.

This is not about luck. Don't run any third party software on your machine that interacts with the game. Also don't use anything that automates your skill rotations.

Very very easy to avoid being suspended. Be happy they now do suspensions instead of perma bans like they used to. Do note, repeat offenders will find the length of suspension doubled.
Currently, blizzard ban or auto ban i have no idea, for things that doesnt go their way in the game atm. which i can understand as they have their terms and condition.
The suspension system pretty much works like this based on what I've seen.

• If user has X amount of reports, the user will be auto banned regardless. Then a gm would check if the ban was correct or not.
  • If user was reported for X and did not get auto banned but still received a decent number of reports, a gm would check it out.
  • If user was reported for X but they didn't receive alot of reports, almost next to none. Then a gm would just check it out but it wouldn't be a high priority.
Hi, OP! I am taking your thread at face value, which maybe a mistake, as it has "troll" written ALL over it, but regardless, here goes:

It SOUNDS, from what I can work out in your post, that your friend was banned by using a botting program that would allow him to port within a battleground (like back to base with a flag, which sounds like an AMAZING exploit to me ... but then again, I don't pvp ... but I digress).

If this is the case, your friend broke the rules. I can also understand their reluctance to go into depth on the case, as it might betray information regarding how the bot was detected, and they don't want the bot program to catch wise, update, and be harder to detect.

Accounts are never actioned for no reason. If an account is actioned, but the account holder is not at fault, a simple review (like the review you received) will clear it up. Your friend appealed and the ban was upheld. You might not agree, but this indicates that your friend was indeed, guilty of something.

Bottom line: stay away from cheats, bots, and exploits. As you have rightly stated, the penalty (6 months lost time) isn't worth the reward.
guys guys,

this isnt about sympathy, i didnt create this topic to be sympathize.

this is just for us to be constructive. its not even about lifting a ban anymore.

This is about how do we innocent improve and not get banned.

from spikes, weird stuff, and prove our side.
OK, here are some basics: If it is an addon that costs money and isn't on Twitch, it's probably not legit. The small payment for additional functionality in Ask Mr Robot is ok -- and it's on twitch.

Anything that does anything FOR you is not kosher. That means fishing, transporting, etc. No, a macro is something you make and you press something to have it go off.

Treating other people like people and not garbage will not get you banned. It's pretty hard for me to think of any instance when a new player with no addons can get banned except for bad behavior.

Here's the Code of Conduct FAQ:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

And finally, this is where/how you appeal a suspension:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/2639
06/07/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Khouross
You know why you got suspended. Your friend knows why he got banned. You won't find sympathy here.

If he appealed and it was held up, then he cheated. He isn't telling you the whole story.

Crepe has it right.

06/07/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Dkbunny

Don't download sketchy third party apps. Keep your computer secure. Don't share accounts. All these things will prevent this. Occasionally a false positive comes up, but those are found out on appeal.

It's basic stuff. Blizzard has no obligation to teach how to not cheat, nor do they have to tell you the exact thing you did. You know what you did. You are an adult, they can't hold you or your friends hand.

Dude, its not even about him cheating or not.

It happen to me before when i didnt do anything, so i feel the pain.

then again, NOT ABOUT lifting up a ban here, omg..
06/07/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Dkbunny
guys guys,

this isnt about sympathy, i didnt create this topic to be sympathize.

this is just for us to be constructive. its not even about lifting a ban anymore.

This is about how do we innocent improve and not get banned.

from spikes, weird stuff, and prove our side.

We don't discuss it. We follow the forum Code of Conduct and don't discuss Accout Actions. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

You already got a reply from Blizzard in the CS forums. Your friend can appeal, but that is it. They have logs of EVERYTHING and know exactly what happened.
As a Nightborne would say..

"Something's not quite right..."
I want to address this point.

" So i talked to GM, and i manage to find out that it indeed was because of BG weird thing that they accused him for cheating."

NO one at Blizzard is going to discuss anything dealing with an account that is not yours period.