Not happy with the current ban system

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5

Well they did and she provided her information to them. Talk to both of us because she didn't know what to say. And since I had the transaction information I provided that. I should mention that this was when the issue was resolved. The ticket was where the problems took place. I'm sorry if you have trouble believing people but that's in fact what happened.

The problem in understanding is you said YOU called on behalf of HER. Which would not be allowed. You are now saying you BOTH were in the call but you did most of the talking.

These are different situations.

Yes I called Blizzard on my phone on behalf of her calling from her phone. I explained the situation, they asked to speak to the account holder (or rather if she was available and she was because she was next to me), she then handed the phone back to me, and the rep sorted out the issue. Any information she needed to provide, she did. I'm not sure where the confusion is. It was allowed, and that's the way the problem was handled. Again, this part of the story isn't relevant to my point.
06/07/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Dkbunny
i was on ts together while went on bg, his char rubber banded. thought it was lagg spike because we played BDO, black desert online, that game had a huge bad optimization so we thought it was the same thing.

5 minute later, no time to report or defend whatsoever,
suspended for 6 months, the thing is, his account 2 weeks, i told him to download twitch addon, DBM, omnibar, omni CC and i think he downloaded elvui, it was all from twitch addon, the interesting thing is, i told bliz team to investigate, they made it clear to me that something cheated on BG becoz he teleported, however we dont even know how it triggered it. we got nothing else. just that.

Blizzard will not discuss someone elses account with YOU. Unless you are the registered account holder on that "friend's" account you can't appeal or talk to them about it.

You were told that in the CS forums already though.

Regardless, they are not going to tell you what software triggered it. Legit addons can be used to do things you should not (like spamming guild invites), but alone, they won't get you in trouble.
I've played since Vanilla, always used a bunch of mods, never once have I had any kind of account action taken.

I find it extremely hard to believe your friend didn't break any rules.

Edit: Also, you play BDO? Were you using the newly bannable speed-hack for that game to grind Hysteria? :)

Source: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/not-only-hystria-hacks-and-other-cheats.220986/

If you're running that program and have another game open it's highly likely it could impact your gameplay. Considering the timing of your post, and what's happening in BDO, I'm going to go ahead and guess one or both of you got banned from BDO, and came to WoW, and didn't shut off the program.
06/07/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Onoroc
Wow. As soon as someone gets banned, the world makes them out to be the villain huh? This most definitely seems to be a case of luck. Dkbunny, I too had friend who got randomly banned as soon as they started playing. It's ridiculously hard to get ppl playing game when blizz bans all of them. The appeals almost always get ricocheted with " An additional review of the action has been completed. We have confirmed our initial findings, and the action will not be reversed or changed."

Where do you copy and paste this from blizzard?

"Randomly banned".

That is not what the word "random" means. RNG is not a factor in actions against accounts.
06/07/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Aedalynne
06/07/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Onoroc
Wow. As soon as someone gets banned, the world makes them out to be the villain huh? This most definitely seems to be a case of luck. Dkbunny, I too had friend who got randomly banned as soon as they started playing. It's ridiculously hard to get ppl playing game when blizz bans all of them. The appeals almost always get ricocheted with " An additional review of the action has been completed. We have confirmed our initial findings, and the action will not be reversed or changed."

Where do you copy and paste this from blizzard?

"Randomly banned".

That is not what the word "random" means. RNG is not a factor in actions against accounts.
Imagine if bans were RNG, what would it be like?

“Darn this boss only gave me 23 gold! Better reroll” Ughash receives a banned! “GRATS!”
06/07/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Ughash
06/07/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Aedalynne
"Randomly banned".

Imagine if bans were RNG, what would it be like?

“Darn this boss only gave me 23 gold! Better reroll” Ughash receives a banned! “GRATS!”

You could always trade it to someone who needs it more :p
06/07/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Thylsi
06/07/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Crepe
This falls under the umbrella of "your friend isn't telling you the whole story."

We don't discuss disciplinary actions on the forums. Of ourselves, or of our friends. We're not allowed to do so.

And I'll continue to say we should, because Blizzard is sorely lacking here. Idk what happened to OP, but here's a tale. Go ahead and tell me something nefarious happened.

I got an old girlfriend of mine into WoW and bought the base and current expansion (Cata I believe). Played for about a month or two then took a break for whatever reason (other games or vacation or something). Suddenly she gets an email that her account is banned for gold selling. After about three weeks of arguing with Blizzard, turns out it got jacked by a gold farmer. After they repeatedly got nasty and accusatory that she was 1. At fault for breaking TOS and 2. Didn't bother to put an authenticator on the account (she didn't want to despite my warnings, but did after obviously), eventually the right person came along and corrected the issue, clearly seeing that she was not at fault and awarded a month of time. Blizzard is inept. No green poster will convince those of us that have been unjustly dealt with will think otherwise. Was she keeping something from me? Of course not. She was still clicking two spells at level ~70. She barely knew her way around video games and computers, much less knowing how to sell currency as a gold farmer. These issues need to come to light until Blizzard starts demonstrating transparency.

Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but take it as you will. Not everything is blue and green.

I love how you call Blizzard inept when you admit your GF didn't take steps to secure her account and how Blizzard should have known your GF was terrible at the game and thus couldn't sell gold.
06/07/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Hamstar
06/07/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Thylsi

And I'll continue to say we should, because Blizzard is sorely lacking here. Idk what happened to OP, but here's a tale. Go ahead and tell me something nefarious happened.

I got an old girlfriend of mine into WoW and bought the base and current expansion (Cata I believe). Played for about a month or two then took a break for whatever reason (other games or vacation or something). Suddenly she gets an email that her account is banned for gold selling. After about three weeks of arguing with Blizzard, turns out it got jacked by a gold farmer. After they repeatedly got nasty and accusatory that she was 1. At fault for breaking TOS and 2. Didn't bother to put an authenticator on the account (she didn't want to despite my warnings, but did after obviously), eventually the right person came along and corrected the issue, clearly seeing that she was not at fault and awarded a month of time. Blizzard is inept. No green poster will convince those of us that have been unjustly dealt with will think otherwise. Was she keeping something from me? Of course not. She was still clicking two spells at level ~70. She barely knew her way around video games and computers, much less knowing how to sell currency as a gold farmer. These issues need to come to light until Blizzard starts demonstrating transparency.

Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but take it as you will. Not everything is blue and green.

I love how you call Blizzard inept when you admit your GF didn't take steps to secure her account and how Blizzard should have known your GF was terrible at the game and thus couldn't sell gold.

Oh look Hamstar, a well known forum troll.

Blizzard is inept for declaring that she sold gold without looking at the logs. My critique of her abilities simply lended to the fact that she wasn't withholding anything from me. Try harder.
06/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Amine
I don't think they spend enough time on those appeals because they have a bias towards thinking everyone is guilty as charged.
Yes, you are absolutely right. Blizzard hates their customers and their money, and is actively looking for excuses to ban them all.

I would tell you to think again, but you don't seem to be very good at it.
06/07/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Teufelgott
06/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Amine
I don't think they spend enough time on those appeals because they have a bias towards thinking everyone is guilty as charged.
Yes, you are absolutely right. Blizzard hates their customers and their money, and is actively looking for excuses to ban them all.

I would tell you to think again, but you don't seem to be very good at it.

I don't think the entirety of the playerbase was ever at risk in this thread. Where did my molehill go...?
06/07/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Thylsi
Blizzard is inept for declaring that she sold gold without looking at the logs. My critique of her abilities simply lended to the fact that she wasn't withholding anything from me. Try harder.

No, they correctly said her ACCOUNT sold gold. The logs backed that-which they did look at. The GM was right to uphold that pending a report of compromise at which point they will also look at other logs.

Why? Because it does not matter if a gold selling account is compromised or not. It has to be banned right then for the health of the game and to prevent further damage to the account.

The next step for a player is to report it as compromised at which point they will pull additional logs and restore the account. That is a bit of a separate process from a standard ban appeal. As a new player, I assume she did not know she was compromised nor report it as such which slowed down the appeal actions.
Ok, two things (and I promise I won't pick on your grammar):

1: Most Customer Support agents won't talk with a person inquiring about account penalties UNLESS the person in question is the account holder, and
2: I'm afraid discussing moderation is not ok on the forums, and I'm actually shocked forum mods let this thread go 5 pages without giving it a 404.

That said, I feel we're not getting the whole story. No offense.
06/07/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Mirasol
06/07/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Thylsi

No, they correctly said her ACCOUNT sold gold. The logs backed that-which they did look at. The GM was right to uphold that pending a report of compromise at which point they will also look at other logs.

Why? Because it does not matter if a gold selling account is compromised or not. It has to be banned right then for the health of the game and to prevent further damage to the account.

The next step for a player is to report it as compromised at which point they will pull additional logs and restore the account. That is a bit of a separate process from a standard ban appeal. As a new player, I assume she did not know she was compromised nor report it as such which slowed down the appeal actions.

Sigh. Once again, we opened a ticket when she got the email. She was sitting directly beside me. Literally within the hour IIRC. I know why. We never challenged why. We simply wanted the account unbanned. So again your assumption is incorrect. After opening the ticket, we got a reply within a few hours (kudos). The GM refused to look into the action or unban the account (not so kudos). Honestly differing between account and her personally is nitpicking. We established earlier on what the case was. This is where my aggravation with MVP's comes from.

Enjoy your day.
Since this is discussing an action within the game I'm gonna go ahead and lock this.

If you feel like you've been wrongfully punished please submit an appeal to that team here. Keep in mind the CS team can only handle appeals from the actual account holder.

Also OP please do not make similar threads in multiple locations. You have an active thread in the Customer Support forum here with multiple responses already.