"i miss Legion PvP"

Arenas
06/11/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Trafficz
Every xpansion had pros to go along with its cons, including WoD but...

Just feels like the downward trend is continuing with BFA when we really needed a strong expansion to infuse a little life into pvp.

Rdruids for example are getting further pruned and the only thing im looking forward to aside from new mog is the Brutosaur mount.

I don't know I just want to customize my character again. I want to find a socketed Trinket and be excited to jam a Mastery/Versa gem in it for PvP. The gearing process for me is exciting and in Legion they took that away along with being able to play how you want.

Can't wait to stack Versa/Mastery again and make a build that fits my play style. BFA offers that and I am sure there will be some broken stuff but at least we get the RPG feel back again.
06/11/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Abombanation
06/11/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Trafficz
Every xpansion had pros to go along with its cons, including WoD but...

Just feels like the downward trend is continuing with BFA when we really needed a strong expansion to infuse a little life into pvp.

Rdruids for example are getting further pruned and the only thing im looking forward to aside from new mog is the Brutosaur mount.

I don't know I just want to customize my character again. I want to find a socketed Trinket and be excited to jam a Mastery/Versa gem in it for PvP. The gearing process for me is exciting and in Legion they took that away along with being able to play how you want.

Can't wait to stack Versa/Mastery again and make a build that fits my play style. BFA offers that and I am sure there will be some broken stuff but at least we get the RPG feel back again.

Gear customization is the only thing im excited about in terms of pvp.
member Cata? I member.
06/11/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Cortex
member Cata? I member

10/10 for South park reference.

I enjoyed MoP, and WoD was the only season I got a dps to 2400+. WoD was also the season I played a lot of alts too. Legion has been... meh. LFG for a hour and then lose a game out of five, group disbands and then its time for bed. I can't really see them taking a step down from Legion.
as a mage i sit in lfg for 1.5 hour and then log off
mop is just cata but not as good

and cata is just wotlk but not as good

so if u miss mop u should be moving down the list a bit more
06/11/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Cortex
member Cata?

trying to forget it actually
06/11/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Abombanation
It's hard to miss something that caused most of the PvP player base to quit.

So we agree, ban tank specs in arena.
i like legion pvp.
06/12/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Pksubban
06/11/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Abombanation
It's hard to miss something that caused most of the PvP player base to quit.

So we agree, ban tank specs in arena.

So you want even less people Queing. Got it.

One of these days you will understand class roles and participation.
I liked Cata and Mop pvp I pve'd in wotlk but wod was the start of the downfall of pvp but still wasn't as bad as Legion pvp. Even though pvp is pretty easy its the basic principles of it that elude players and the mechanics are bad. But in the end the pruning nerfing dumbing down and cheapening the game didn't help at all either. Bring back guild progression, bring back profession buffs and make them matter again and make duels actual a thing again and pvp vendors and you may see pvp back again. Because these things all mattered and were apart of the experience. And to blizz don't take away things that people work for because the next generation cries they don't have it. you screwed the game up in a lot of ways
The only time blizz will go back to what made them the giant they are today is when they file for bankruptcy as a last resort of desperation to hang on to what they once had.
What’s funny is every time they prune to make this game easier for casuals is the player base only drops. It’s almost like casuals don’t care and the real player base is leaving :O SHOCKER

what a horrible business model. I’ll stay till wow dies just because I’m missing a chromosome I guess but seeing them do this to themselves is super depressing.
06/11/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Abombanation
06/11/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Vaurok

I remember when people hated legion wod mop cata lich king and tbc. Guess what people who complain tend to do every expansion...... yenno people have been saying dead game, stupid game, blah blah blah for going on 15 years and guess what most of us do?

We click join battle

Incorrect each expansion had a lot less and less clicking join battle. Legion was rock bottom. Only way is up!!!

I clicked join battle more this expac than others because I like to arena with my friends. I have more friends now. I click join battle now more.

My point is stop whining and play. I started doing that and guess what? I have fun.
06/12/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Vaurok
06/11/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Abombanation

Incorrect each expansion had a lot less and less clicking join battle. Legion was rock bottom. Only way is up!!!

I clicked join battle more this expac than others because I like to arena with my friends. I have more friends now. I click join battle now more.

My point is stop whining and play. I started doing that and guess what? I have fun.

this guys clearly "enjoys legion"
06/12/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Vaurok

I mean I understand what you're trying to say, but the game is actually way worse than it used to be. Every time I try to "just play," it becomes painfully obvious after a few games how little fun the gameplay actually is, especially knowing how much fun it used to be. The only thing that can really overcome that is having fun people to queue with, which kinda defeats the purpose.
I have probably clocked more hours just sitting in Dal/order hall in the last 3 weeks than I had the first 6 months of legion. I am legitimately going insane. I want BFA ptr prepatch/open beta sooooo bad I even bought CSGO to kill time but I have GCD brain from WoW so I just get farmed
Most ppl crying about 3s queues seem to mainly blame LFG.

If you have no friends that play this game, it'll suck in any xpac.

If you have many friends to queue with, it'll be fun in any xpac.

The gameplay deteriorated with the great pruning, but the players ultimately make the game good or bad.
I miss it already :(
I miss wrath