The Forum War! (#NoChanges vs. #Changes)

Classic Discussion
I just hope they dont put transmogrification in the game. I loved wpvp in classic and it was nice to be able to look at the person and see if they were geared or not with tier sets.
All I took from the last update is that patch 1.12 is only going to be the baseline.

We cannot be certain what the end product will be.
06/20/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Rallea
06/20/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Ziryus

Tell that to all the people who are now asking for raid rebalancing, change to some balancing aspect of 1.12, time gated content, removal of CRBG's the list goes on.

Either accept 1.12 as is or don't expect people to stop asking for things like guild banks, class balance improvements etc...

And strangely enough, all of those people are calling themselves "nochanges". Because it went from no changes for them, to shuffle random things from different patches around "nochanges". They are not even honest with themselves.

The 'popular' initial stance was most definitely "no changes" requesting it just be released in a very similar state to Private Servers. (ie, 1.12 and just stagger content.)

But as a lot of them realized they 'thought' they wanted that but 'do not', as Blizzard could offer a better experience overall. The phrase for almost all the supports is now more accurately, "No Additions" as most of them seem at least OK with changes that strictly pull from all states of Vanilla-only.
how exactly did no changes win? people who would perfer changes dont waste their day lobbying for petty crap thats probably gonna happen anyways, because changes will bring in a much wider audience, i am so sorry fans, but this one isnt for you
06/20/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Ziryus

Tell that to all the people who are now asking for raid rebalancing, change to some balancing aspect of 1.12, time gated content, removal of CRBG's the list goes on.

Either accept 1.12 as is or don't expect people to stop asking for things like guild banks, class balance improvements etc...

And strangely enough, all of those people are calling themselves "nochanges". Because it went from no changes for them, to shuffle random things from different patches around "nochanges". They are not even honest with themselves.

Which has never violated the no changes perspective. Your inability to understand what no changes means is your own short coming.
06/21/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Lugha

The 'popular' initial stance was most definitely "no changes" requesting it just be released in a very similar state to Private Servers. (ie, 1.12 and just stagger content.)

But as a lot of them realized they 'thought' they wanted that but 'do not', as Blizzard could offer a better experience overall. The phrase for almost all the supports is now more accurately, "No Additions" as most of them seem at least OK with changes that strictly pull from all states of Vanilla-only.

In correct, no changes has identified its stance since the very beginning and has done nothing but gain support and has remained unchanged on its stance since the beginning.

Simply because you and others refuse to acknowledge the no changes stance and parameters doesn't make what you say true.
The "war" looks like its over and that there wont be gameplay changes outside of bug fixes, thats what they are aiming for. Now i could see a toggle for graphics and possibly sound though, thats technically a "change", i know that, but the client is already built with the new graphics and they probably want to attract as many players as possible - new and old - so i could see them budging on graphics/sound. IF they do i hope there is a toggle for the people who want the original graphical style.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

In correct, no changes has identified its stance since the very beginning and has done nothing but gain support and has remained unchanged on its stance since the beginning.

Simply because you and others refuse to acknowledge the no changes stance and parameters doesn't make what you say true.

It's not a singular entity, you're not the mouth piece for it, and many of the more rational supporters of the general idea have constructively discussed various parts they would actually want changed to or back-to within the Vanilla timeframe. (something which, by it's very definition would be a change and not a museum-like representation of what the product was. Seemingly at ends with some Blizzard statements.) And none of this changes the fact that it's always been an awful and ill-fitting soundbite, and a thread exists when many people admitted it was a lazy way out of summarizing their ideas, poorly but enticingly.

Stop speaking from an assumed position of authority.