Question to PvPers (those of you who dont RP)

Emerald Dream
Normal realm War Mode will see every zone CRZ and will always have more people to fight, with the main drawback being that you probably won't recognize hardly any of the names you see like you would on an RP realm where CRZ only happens in new content zones.

Any of you planning to transfer back to realms like Tichondrious, Sargeras, etc. for BFA to get a more active War Mode environment?
06/15/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Nearo
Normal realm War Mode will see every zone CRZ and will always have more people to fight, with the main drawback being that you probably won't recognize hardly any of the names you see like you would on an RP realm where CRZ only happens in new content zones.

Any of you planning to transfer back to realms like Tichondrious, Sargeras, etc. for BFA to get a more active War Mode environment?

It's definitely something I'm curious and thinking about, but I don't know yet if that's going to be necessary. I'm not a high end PvP guy, but that is what I like to do more than anything else. If it just becomes some kind of a ghost town in war mode, then I probably won't have very much fun on Emerald dream anymore. It might not be like that at all though... The difference might just be mostly that people here recognize each other more often because it's going to pull from a smaller pool of people to create that war mode population for us. Does anyone really know what to expect yet? Beyond what ion explained I don't really have any information to go off of.

If you don’t recognize the name and unlikely to encounter the person in the future, it’s just not as satisfying (RP or not).

Rivalries with known enemies makes it worthwhile.
I remember the time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hgcy6bsg4g

When I got left behind in Ironforge due to an IRL emergency, Hargus was the only one left. Fun fight, I gave him a thumbs up on the forums for being a gentleman, AFTER he killed me. lol
06/15/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Charax

If you don’t recognize the name and unlikely to encounter the person in the future, it’s just not as satisfying (RP or not).

That would be my concern with war mode. If it's just a bunch of random servers thrown together, rivalries (friendly or otherwise) can't form, everyone is just a random you probably won't see again, and that isn't as satisfying.
my real question is why are all these posts being made trying to empty out ED...

if ED is that terrible, then leave...

if ED is fun then stay...

it dont make sense to say ED is gona be terrible but u want all of its ppl to server change with u... essentially turning that server into ED
I play on both Tich and ED now. I love both servers but for different reasons. I still like the occasional RP I can get into on ED when log in. Still not used to RP'ing on Horde side but I do like it. I love Tich though for PvP, rated, WPvP, Defense, and even PvE. It is not just a high rated PvP server anymore but there are high rated players on it. Definitely much more casual than it used to be. The one thing we have managed to do on Tich to make up for some of the things I miss from ED is we have turned Goldshire into a somewhat ridiculous and unofficial RP area :P

Still miss what used to do on ED though. I know I am not just a PvPr which is the opinion asked for here but I never felt comfortable with some of the ZWPvP antics here. It's an RPPvP server and the PvP should relate to the RP imo. So I do my non-rp PvP things on Tich.
06/15/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Arnidan
my real question is why are all these posts being made trying to empty out ED...

it dont make sense to say ED is gona be terrible but u want all of its ppl to server change with u... essentially turning that server into ED

If anything, it should promote ED since you’re much more likely to run into people you know.
I am not a pvper by any means, but I can tell you all about CRZ and how horrible they feel. I played on PVE servers for years and when my server was merged, it was ok. When they introduced CRZ, what was a small community became a busy hub of people I did not know. The AH was like a consession stand at a football stadium and general chat became worst than trade chat. I hated with such vile and still do.
ED became the community that I once had. Familiarity, friends and family. It is the reason I am here, why I love it here. Yes, people have left and people will come back here because this community is a strong close knit group. The sense of belonging and being welcomed by both horde and alliance is what makes us strong and tight knit. New folks will also join us to get away from CRZ.
CRZ will be like a war zone of randomness. Twitter war will be no more. Saying you killed Jane or Kim or John from a, b or c server will get you nothing. You might as well be in a BG if that is all you want while trying to quest. If war mode is the only thing you want and care about then you should go, but if you have friends here, people you look forward to chatting with, then stay. With that said, there is more to this game than war mode, BGs and pvping, there is a vast community that is made up of people who are your friends, and family.
If you don’t know what to do, go make a toon on an unknown pve server and go to the capital city, sit, watch and you will see. You can be there in town wanting to meet up with a guildie to trade or someone from your server, and both of you are phased out. The sense of a real community on PVE servers died the day they introduced CRZ. It would have been better to have merged more servers than to have this CRZ. There is no trading, there is no community in general or trade chat or dueling in Goldshire or out front in Orgrimmar while you wait for a que. Random groups hit your capital and if you give chase, phasing happens to balance the servers population. Small communities are now a thing of the past, and have been replaced with what I call airport hubs with random people. There is no server pride in small communities. With that all said do what is right for you.
I left 8 alts on ED so I get an opinion. Blizz has given ED to the rpers, you guys are all overestimating how many people play this game still, I fight Dodgex daily in hellfire.

If you pvp and can't find your way into rp, give up, there's no pvp to justify the means. Also I have a whole bnet friends list that will bring me to my precious ED alliance so why press the issue?
06/16/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Helladin
I left 8 alts on ED so I get an opinion. Blizz has given ED to the rpers, you guys are all overestimating how many people play this game still, I fight Dodgex daily in hellfire.

If you pvp and can't find your way into rp, give up, there's no pvp to justify the means. Also I have a whole bnet friends list that will bring me to my precious ED alliance so why press the issue?

Ya I think I and a few others may kick the bucket of ED as well. RP won't justify reason to stay for folks when the PvP isn't as fun/juicy. You're right, can just Bnet friends back to ED for any RP if you like to do that.

SO... Suggestions on servers pvpers will xfer to!?

It's the same reason people beg for groups to get things they want but never create them.

100% behind this.

Also I am not super bothered with being paired with randoms from other realms, the issue is when people in the same realm can't see each other. There are so many awesome systems in BFA for WPvP, finally the bounty system we have been improvising for years is actually put into the game! Talking of which.

Yea you rogues, you cheat, get out of this server! You ain't welcome! Except my close friends, they are the nice ones.

Yeah I'm with you there. If someone is just hanging around for PVP, stay on ED or go to a PVP server. WrA has nothing to offer them.
If ED is going to be made into a PVE realm then it will be deserted fast imo.
People went to ED to have the option of both at the same time, but now you will have your chance to stay unflagged, carry on with an RP event, and then flag when you want to have a pre-determined fight, which isn't even RP imo.

In lore/books, world pvp was a constant thing, orcs and humans didn't get together in advance and say ''hey we're going to go to searing gorge to have a meeting of the minds, come stop us if you dare!!!"

The people complaining about all the world pvp on ED just need to go to a RP realm like MG or WrA where they already have a higher RP population, but it's too late now, all the complaining finally got to Blizzard and they made the solution to make all realms have the option of being flagged all the time or not, which is a ridiculous concept, if you didn't want pvp, get off the pvp realm, never understood that with people, people complaining about getting killed/ganked, while they chose to be on the pvp realm, no one forced you to be there.
Lets put it this way I had my fair share of bad experiences with RP and some good experience wow RP players on wow.
06/17/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Stormhammèr
if you didn't want pvp, get off the pvp realm, never understood that with people, people complaining about getting killed/ganked, while they chose to be on the pvp realm, no one forced you to be there.

... You mean like: 'if you didn't want rp, get off the rp realm, never understood that with people, people complaining about getting their names force-changed, while they chose to be on the rp realm, no one forced you to be there'? Because, it's really the same thing.

06/17/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Stormhammèr
all the complaining finally got to Blizzard and they made the solution to make all realms have the option of being flagged all the time or not, which is a ridiculous concept

I think once again you (among many) are laying the motivation for this change at the feet of the wrong group of people. Blizzard has stated repeatedly that they are unable to properly adjust world and WPVP encounters with blended PVP and non-PVP -enabled gear/situations. It's killing many birds with one stone: shut up the WPVPers who are mad because WPVP damage is/was broken; shut up people who got stuck on PVP servers to cater to friends/family/guilds without actually wanting to be in an open PVP environment; and shut up anyone else who isn't happy with the current realm PVP paradigm.

Granted, they now have a chorus of new whiners (or some of the old ones singing a new tune), but this will cut costs for server maintenance and balancing PVP populations on the fly, so I wouldn't expect to see much changing in the near future.

Now, if they could just come up with a) spectator mode into instanced PVP and b) a sandbox style of wargame that basically re-creates an open world zone, that would be yummy. Oh, and figure out how to give us World Defense back.
06/15/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Charax

I agree with this. I think we'll see less people running around than you would on other servers, but you'll see alot of faces you know and recognize.

On alot of the PvP servers, they are so lop-sided to either Horde or Alliance that you're unlikely to ever encounter someone from the opposite faction from your own realm... it'll be like queuing up in a Battleground and just seeing every random server. No room there for rivalries to form.

I think you misunderstand - no intent here to empty out ED or anything of the sort. I'm just aware that alot of PvPers came here specifically for WPvP, but seeing as we don't CRZ in old zones the War Mode experience in those zones will not be as busy as it will be on normal realms. Non-RPers tend to view things from a different lens than we do, so I'm just curious to see what that view is.

Personally, I think that we'll have a much more enjoyable War Mode experience on ED while in Kul Tiras/Zandalar where most of the population will be concentrated... and a more quiet old-zone environment. We'll still CRZ in the new zones but it will probably be mostly with RP realms - which is something that appeals to me alot!
06/18/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Nearo

I think you misunderstand - no intent here to empty out ED or anything of the sort. I'm just aware that alot of PvPers came here specifically for WPvP, but seeing as we don't CRZ in old zones the War Mode experience in those zones will not be as busy as it will be on normal realms. Non-RPers tend to view things from a different lens than we do, so I'm just curious to see what that view is.

Personally, I think that we'll have a much more enjoyable War Mode experience on ED while in Kul Tiras/Zandalar where most of the population will be concentrated... and a more quiet old-zone environment. We'll still CRZ in the new zones but it will probably be mostly with RP realms - which is something that appeals to me alot!

On the other side of the coin... Do you have any idea how many people in RP realms will toggle war mode on?! Not many I presume... (By far less than normal PvE-ers atleast.)