Class Mounts.... *sigh*

Death Knight
Urrrgh just finished the class mount quest only to find an arbitrary restriction preventing me from using the mount I actually want to use. Regardless of the fact I can do exactly that on my warlock.... But then when has Blizz actually used any form of logical sense?
what restriction?
05/26/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Inemia
what restriction?

Probably the fact that the mount is color locked to each spec. Whereas some other classes got multiple individual mounts with color variants that can be chosen at will. Class mounts as a whole were pretty inconsistent in this aspect.
05/26/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Manarri
what restriction?

Probably the fact that the mount is color locked to each spec. Whereas some other classes got multiple individual mounts with color variants that can be chosen at will. Class mounts as a whole were pretty inconsistent in this aspect.

hmm, and here i thought it was badass that our class mount changes color based on spec. no wonder blizz is dropping class stuff like tier gear, no matter what they do someone complains about it.
05/26/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Inemia

hmm, and here i thought it was badass that our class mount changes color based on spec. no wonder blizz is dropping class stuff like tier gear, no matter what they do someone complains about it.

I, for one, am glad that tier gear is being dropped. I spent many a raid not equipping a single piece of tier gear because it wasn't BIS until you at least got the 2 piece bonus...and even sometimes 4 piece bonus...

But.. you could just set your dragon to your appropriate specs and you'd get the same outcome.
05/27/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Dreadmoore

But.. you could just set your dragon to your appropriate specs and you'd get the same outcome.

thats not as cool as a color changing undead dragon. we already have normal undead dragons.
what restriction?

which classes can change their class mount variations at will?
05/27/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Titomic

which classes can change their class mount variations at will?

Hunter, Warlock, Paladin, and Rogue.
I think that some other classes would have really appreciated the effort that went into the quest chain for the DK class mount. There's classes out there like Warrior, Rogue, Demon Hunter, that got a minimal effort mount quest line. The DK quest line was very enjoyable and by far had the best lore surrounding it.
05/27/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Inemia
05/27/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Dreadmoore

thats not as cool as a color changing undead dragon. we already have normal undead dragons.

............I don't even know what to say to you. You want less choice and control instead of just putting a different color on your bar for each spec? Wow.
06/01/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Dradnor
05/27/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Inemia

............I don't even know what to say to you. You want less choice and control instead of just putting a different color on your bar for each spec? Wow.

less to worry about.
05/28/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Porscion
I think that some other classes would have really appreciated the effort that went into the quest chain for the DK class mount. There's classes out there like Warrior, Rogue, Demon Hunter, that got a minimal effort mount quest line. The DK quest line was very enjoyable and by far had the best lore surrounding it.

Truth be told DK order hall in general had literally the best storyline.

The many people who have not completed it will be eventually blindsided by what Bolvar has done.
06/01/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Revivable

Truth be told DK order hall in general had literally the best storyline.

The many people who have not completed it will be eventually blindsided by what Bolvar has done.

I have to admit, Druid order hall was my favorite order hall story. Then I played through the death knight storyline, and the mount quests, and was blown away.

I loved the ending when we tamed the Dragon, and my toon looked at me through the camera. Bonus: I did it during noblegarden, and was wearing bunny ears. I just wished I thought to take a screenshot.
06/01/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Inemia
06/01/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Dradnor

less to worry about.

This is easily the dumbest thing I have ever read.
06/02/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Zulamal
06/01/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Inemia

less to worry about.

it's probably the best example of pointless contrary behavior I've ever seen
06/02/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Zulamal
<span class="truncated">...</span>

less to worry about.

i like how you assume 'don't agree with me' = doesn't understand/dumb. i understand, i just think its pointless complaining. not every class has to have every thing be exactly the same, and they aren't. iirc paladins also have to unlock their other colors, where as we get all 3 unlocked by doing any spec's mount quest. so i guess its not fair to paladins.

imo legit complaints about the mount are stuff like the smiley face and the fact that it's worse quality than the 10- year old frostwyrms, but complaining about the fact that you can't pick the blood skin while in unholy is really just being spoiled. be glad you didn't have to unlock them all 1 at a time.

i like how you assume 'don't agree with me' = doesn't understand/dumb. i understand, i just think its pointless complaining. not every class has to have every thing be exactly the same, and they aren't. iirc paladins also have to unlock their other colors, where as we get all 3 unlocked by doing any spec's mount quest. so i guess its not fair to paladins.

imo legit complaints about the mount are stuff like the smiley face and the fact that it's worse quality than the 10- year old frostwyrms, but complaining about the fact that you can't pick the blood skin while in unholy is really just being spoiled. be glad you didn't have to unlock them all 1 at a time.

/palmface
06/02/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Zulamal

/palmface

right, because making sure OPs mount matches his mog is the highest priority for blizzard? how big is your ego?