I want Vanilla but what about..

Classic Discussion
Wall jumping and other various exploits?

I remember watching people jump over the gates in wsg before the game begins and be at the alliance door waiting for it to open.

AV had a couple exploits from wall jumping as well.

There are a few others but you guys get the picture. Should these come with Vanilla or be fixed?
I think a large number (even those who are mostly want no changes) want blatant exploits resolved. Wall-jumping in a BG to gain an advantage certainly qualifies.

We've had other threads going back and forth on whether wall-jumping elsewhere, such as to get under Ironforge or into Mt. Hyjal, should be left because it was a thing people did and gave more range to the world.
I'd keep them in if it was up to me.
They have already stated that bugs and exploits will be fixed.

Personally I hope they keep wall walking outside of pvp battlegrounds because getting into those out of bounds areas is part of the "vanilla experience"
Most likely going to be fixed, having someone walljump in WSG was horrible. It would be interesting to see if they will have an elevator to IF airfield though. No extra content, just letting you get up there without the janky walljumping.
I'd like to see wall jumping and stuff fixed in BGs. I wouldn't mind seeing wPvP exploitable non-pathing locations and stuff like rooftops you aren't supposed to be able to reach and cannot reach quickly and easily also fixed on an as-needed basis.

Getting on top of the org gate or under org? Keep it in, it's a fun little trick to do once in a while. Getting to hyjal? I mean they put construction signs there in vanilla instead of actually fixing the terrain, which tells me all we need to know about the dev attitude toward more benign wall-walking exploits.

I think we should be able to access the IF landing strip thing, get up to Thunder Falls, climb the mountains around Org to get on the wall, etc. I don't see the harm in that. Fix terrain glitches that lead to gameplay advantages and stuff as needed. Don't fix them all. Exploring and wall walking were a significant part of the fun in vanilla. Most of it is quite harmless.
06/04/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Eilethalua
I think a large number (even those who are mostly want no changes) want blatant exploits resolved. Wall-jumping in a BG to gain an advantage certainly qualifies.

We've had other threads going back and forth on whether wall-jumping elsewhere, such as to get under Ironforge or into Mt. Hyjal, should be left because it was a thing people did and gave more range to the world.
Agreed.

ALL wall jumping in Battlegrounds should be removed as it gives an unfair advantage.

However, wall jumping out in the world is more in the nature of an easter egg. It's fun and should be left in.
06/04/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Jdx

I remember watching people jump over the gates in wsg before the game begins and be at the alliance door waiting for it to open.

There are a few others but you guys get the picture. Should these come with Vanilla or be fixed?

All of these were already fixed, within vanilla.
06/04/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Visaenya
06/04/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Jdx

All of these were already fixed, within vanilla.

You are mistaken. You could wall jump over the starting gate in wsg through BC and I believe the start of wrath. The AV backdoor was a thing through Wrath as well.
tbh, on one hand, like asmongold said, i'd like to see all the gamebreaking bugs and exploits just for nostalgia, but on the other hand, for the health of the game:

fix bugs that make the game unplayable
fix exploits that give u advantage over other ppl in honor, gold, raid gear, etc.

The key, imo, is that these things were *not intended* and if 2004 blizz devs had the time, knowledge and resources available to fix these things, they would've. There's a line you cross when it comes to design oversight and it's something i'd want to give feedback on on an individual basis, hopefully come classic beta.
Keep them. Most people won't exploit and that was part of Vanilla charm.
Definitely fix them. Except the harmless world wall walks as they can be kind of fun.
Fix bugs and exploits then leave it alone.
This is probably the most minor bug anyways. I recall a time when I saw a "bug fix" in the patch notes that read "Added a fix to prevent players from being able to summon higher-level characters into low-level battlegrounds."

Additionally, there's a common hacking tool that allows you to be able to fly in classic. Nostalrius banned players for using it, but that was their own special implementation. It's slow, but a definite advantage.

Some bugs are going to be fixed. It's out of our hands which ones, but I considered wall hopping a crucial factor of classic.
I miss those jagged places players weren't supposed to be in.
Space between Un'Guro and the Mountain range anyone?
Wall walking and jumping in the open world should stay, it was a big part of vanilla for many. Sadly, Blizzard adopted a strict "no fun allowed" policy since TBC and they've been removing all the little, fun and harmless things over the years so maybe classic will get hit too. Bets on Dartol's Rod of Transformation not working outside of the quest area or being a conjured item with a limited duration? Bets on druid's shapeshifting removing all transformation effects?