Will Realm Matter?

General Discussion
Will the server you play on affect the players you see in BFAs Warmode toggle? Or will it pool from all servers?

I'm starting fresh and debating on which server to play, currently crossed between dalaran and tichondrius since I want high pop for pvp and auctioning.
06/04/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Yulrun
Will the server you play on affect the players you see in BFAs Warmode toggle? Or will it pool from all servers?

I'm starting fresh and debating on which server to play, currently crossed between dalaran and tichondrius since I want high pop for pvp and auctioning.

Hasn't mattered since Xrealm was introduced.. Why would it start to?
It will pool from all servers in your region. It will put everyone in Warmode on a balanced horde/alliance shard.
RP servers will be the only exception, everyone else gets pooled.
Won't matter a shred.

They're too in love with the cancer known as CRZ.
They should just get rid of the realm list and change realm names into peoples last names and give everyone a one time free last name change, I know so many people have been asking for the longest time to have last names like other mmo's and it would solve the name taken problem or at least greatly reduce it.
I imagine it will pull from your server group just as lfd/lfr etc do.
They will just put you with as many multiboxers as possible. Anything to make those credit card warriors happy.
06/04/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Mate
This strikes me as kind of odd, because I'm on RP servers, strictly, and I regularly get grouped with people who are from Normal... maybe even PvP servers in the group finder tool.

On the one hand, I'd kind of prefer to only be paired with people from other RP realms... but, of course, I don't want my queue times tripling just so Blizz can cater to this whim.
06/04/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Dimpishly
06/04/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Mate
This strikes me as kind of odd, because I'm on RP servers, strictly, and I regularly get grouped with people who are from Normal... maybe even PvP servers in the group finder tool.

On the one hand, I'd kind of prefer to only be paired with people from other RP realms... but, of course, I don't want my queue times tripling just so Blizz can cater to this whim.

RP servers and other kinds of servers are on the same battlegroups. Your current character is on the Reckoning battlegroup, which is with several PvE servers and a few PvP ones. According to the wiki article, though battlegroups are kinda being phased out in favor of just pooling people together for LFD/LFR/PvP based on region rather than battlegroup.