Blood Troll Allied Race

General Discussion
Anyone catch that blood trolls were hinted at as playable during E3?

Edit: added a link for context and quote
https://youtu.be/ax3OH9QFnNA
Were they? How so?

I hear the Alliance is taking on void-infected races, so it seems like a natural fit.
06/12/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Dliver
Were they? How so?

I hear the Alliance is taking on void-infected races, so it seems like a natural fit.
one of the production managers directly mentioned it.

To me they'd seem like the Junkers from walking dead, allies you don't want but need for the alliance.

There's even an attempted recruitment.
Frankly I'm just surprised more people aren't talking about this.
I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY A BLOOD TROLL.

Especially if we get to pick between the Darkspear models and Dire troll models. (Like how Kul Tirans get two models per gender.)

I just hope they don't give them to the Alliance. Although if they did, I guess that'd potentially make Shadow Hunters playable for both factions.
06/12/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Haavie

The AR train ran outta steam awhile back once everyone found out how long it will take and how much rep grinding it'll take to get them.

People were hyped for the trolls and the fox guys but then when they heard it was gonna be something like mid expac for trolls and even later for foxes, if they even get them at all, the bottom fell out.

Unless you are an alt leveler, you don't really wanna restart the xpac from scratch midway through,or even later.
06/12/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Yagarr
I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY A BLOOD TROLL.

Especially if we get to pick between the Darkspear models and Dire troll models. (Like how Kul Tirans get two models per gender.)

I just hope they don't give them to the Alliance. Although if they did, I guess that'd make Shadow Hunters playable for both factions.
hnnnnnnnnng give it to me! I will be a shadow hunter for Rokhan senpai
"DON'T be surprised that if you DON't see the opportunity"

Which means not going to be playable
06/12/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Sixxer
06/12/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Haavie

The AR train ran outta steam awhile back once everyone found out how long it will take and how much rep grinding it'll take to get them.

People were hyped for the trolls and the fox guys but then when they heard it was gonna be something like mid expac for trolls and even later for foxes, if they even get them at all, the bottom fell out.

Unless you are an alt leveler, you don't really wanna restart the xpac from scratch midway through,or even later.
a fair argument, but I level alot during content drought sooooooo. Yeah.

I could see a race change at first (around 300,000 gold currently) then leveling one to get heritage armor.
06/12/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Lunnaya

he said don't be surprised if you do see the opportunity.
06/12/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Haavie

It's a pretty clear DON'T see
This is just not true. Race = Model. One race, one model. Like every other race in game, Kul'Tirans will only have one model. Hell, there isn't even a skinny female model in existence. If Blood Trolls are coming, they, also, will have one model.

...as for Blood Trolls coming? Uhm. I don't want this. Can't we just have ENEMIES who's entire purpose is to be our ENEMIES?
Like how Kul Tirans get two models per gender
is this actually a thing for players?
06/12/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Haavie

No, Lunnaya is right. He says "Don't be surprised if you don't see the opportunity".
Turn on your captions. It's also in the subtitles. He's saying it's not gonna happen.
i would rather have Vulpera for the horde than Blood Trolls

If they make it part of the customization of the Zandalari like the thin humans are for the Kultirans, that's a different story
Just to clear the confusion, there was a small segment in yesterday's E3 interview with IGN in which we weren't entirely clear - but we want to clarify that Blood Trolls are not currently planned as an Allied Race.

It can be easy to mix up words in interviews when you're covering a range of story points such as that of the Blood Trolls and their interactions with the Zandalari - but we just wanted to be sure we could get a note out on this before we get more Allied Race rumors flying around. ;)

Thanks for the discussion here!
06/12/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Ornyx
Just to clear the confusion, there was a small segment in yesterday's E3 interview with IGN in which we weren't entirely clear - but we want to clarify that Blood Trolls are not currently planned as an Allied Race.

It can be easy to mix up words in interviews when you're covering a range of story points such as that of the Blood Trolls and their interactions with the Zandalari - but we just wanted to be sure we could get a note out on this before we get more Allied Race rumors flying around. ;)

So what you are saying is that there is a chance?
but we want to clarify that Blood Trolls are not currently planned as an Allied Race.
inb4 people misconstrue this as you saying that blood trolls are on this list of potential ARs and thus will be planned later down the road after we finish their story and redeem them

or that you denying them so fast is definitive proof that they are in the works
Yeah, no more Troll AR. I really want a new undead race, less decomposed like Nathanos Blightcaller.

All i want is Tortollan Allied race for horde and Vulpera Alliance. Cool twist and turn from the stories just like nightborne in Suramar.