BfA Class Design is Actually a Joke

General Discussion
06/16/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Crepe
It's usually more constructive to state what you want from the spec than in trying to compare them to other specs.

"He got that and I didn't get anything!" isn't a good argument for altering a spec. Can the spec do what you want it to do? Is the playstyle good? Is there something you can't do that you want to do?

The whole everything off the GCD thing had me pretty upset over the way Fury played until the recent revamp. I wasn't even considering playing Fury until they worked on it. That's the way you have to look at things. How it plays. What you want from it. Not "But he got..."

I disagree. I think it's fair to call this out, Prot warriors are literally rank 1 right now next to arms on PvP leaderboards currently which shows how garbage the Legion meta is. In my opinion, tanks should never be outspeccing DPS in 3v3s. I think you make a fair point but considering how you've never hit 1550 in arenas nor RBGS but are prestige level 8, I don't think your point of view is that valid. (Unless i'm wrong and you have hit 1550)

Not trying to be personal or pretentious, it's just that I think OP is fine calling out bs talents, and that I think you need to try rated PvP right now to see how broken Prot is. Considering a lot of classes are similar to legion but slower in BfA, these new talents for prot worry me. I understand your optimism but I can't defend Blizzard over these choices.
Guardian Druids have compiled a huge list of issues in the PTR forums and we are still seeing zero response to the spec. Unless you are going with the really twisted logic of "oh guardian was super strong in Legion so let's ignore them for BFA" while ignoring the fact that BrM for raids was as strong and Gripbot, I mean DK are preferred over everyone in m+.

Right now the spec is absolutely unimaginative to play and is largely the same as legion while RoTS, the most interesting (and probably OP spell, of course) is removed while Frenzied regen is nerfed and put on the GCD. Brambles and autoattack accounts for half of damage done on single target, and Guttural Roar, the biggest utility Guardian Druids brought to the raid, is being removed without anything added for compensation.

We have been pretty patient and even telling people to calm down when they cry the sky is falling, but you can't blame people for becoming anxious when Prepatch and BFA are both getting closer and zero communication is being conveyed about the spec that someone wants to play.
06/16/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Crepe
It's usually more constructive to state what you want from the spec than in trying to compare them to other specs.

I think what has pissed everyone in Alpha and Beta off is that is exactly what we did and we got nothing in a most of cases, almost all cases before 2 weeks ago.

Look at BM hunter for instance. It's seriously a 3 button rotation with 2 cool downs. The talent tree has basically forced you into taking talents that effect Barbed Shot because barbed shot while not high damage has effects that make a huge difference thus forces you to take talents that buff barbed shot.

That has been shouted from the BM mountain tops. Where are the blue discussions and fixes to BM's 3 button rotation? They fixed Boomkins 3 button rotation, yet BM have received no communication from the Devs accept "we read everything"?

Did you forget almost at the start of Beta they said they were done fixing classes accept Prot warriors and DKs? Ya, that worked out so well. You're seriously going to defend that? Start of beta and they were saying classes were done. In the words of Taliesin, it's a !@#$ show obviously.
06/16/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Avermra
Guardian Druids have compiled a huge list of issues in the PTR forums and we are still seeing zero response to the spec. Unless you are going with the really twisted logic of "oh guardian was super strong in Legion so let's ignore them for BFA" while ignoring the fact that BrM for raids was as strong and Gripbot, I mean DK are preferred over everyone in m+.

Right now the spec is absolutely unimaginative to play and is largely the same as legion while RoTS, the most interesting (and probably OP spell, of course) is removed while Frenzied regen is nerfed and put on the GCD. Brambles and autoattack accounts for half of damage done on single target, and Guttural Roar, the biggest utility Guardian Druids brought to the raid, is being removed without anything added for compensation.

We have been pretty patient and even telling people to calm down when they cry the sky is falling, but you can't blame people for becoming anxious when Prepatch and BFA are both getting closer and zero communication is being conveyed about the spec that someone wants to play.

Basically this, many people have provided examples and some are just lazy to check out the beta forums and see I'm not wrong
I've been playing on the beta too and found most specs to be hot garbage. WW monk is OK, but horribly boring. Just as an experiment I wondered if I could put my entire rotation on a castsequence macro and literally have a one-button spec. I totally could. I bound it to a mouse button and could just go up to things and kill them efficiently by hitting that one button over and over again. There's just no decision making involved. I could put one of those vintage drinking birds over the button and it could flawlessly play my rotation.

When I can set up an inanimate object to play my character, it's time to find something else to do.