Golden Ruins the Forsaken: Don't Buy BtS

Story Forum
1 2 3 13 Next
Shout to the Story Forum Discord, where one particular user (who was defending this trash) fortunately linked a direct passage from Before the Storm for the rest of us to dissect. I shall transcribe it below for us to go over…

https://i.imgur.com/5doA4Rt.png

“Those memories were too fresh to be anything but painful, yet how sweet they still were. The Forsaken were strongly discouraged from revisiting places they had lived in life. Their home was no longer Lordaeron but the Undercity, a place that, like the inhabitants who no longer need of sleep, didn’t distinguish between day and night.

Once or twice, Parqual and snaked into his former lodgings, smuggling books into the Undercity. But he had been caught once and admonished. His books had been confiscated. ‘There is no need to remember the human history of this place,’ he had been told. ‘Only the history of the Undercity matters now’.

Over the years, he’d made use of adventurers to acquire more books, each one precious to him. But he could not use adventurers who sought gold or game to bring back…”

Yeahup, Sylvanas discourages/bans the Forsaken from remembering their old lives, we going full totalitarian here. Forsaken can’t remember their old lives despite them building literal tombstones for Terenas, despite direct quests referencing their remembrance of their old lives (Thunder Bluff to Silverpine quest), the existence of freagin’ Sepulcher.

Let’s not forget the banning of books. Yeah, because the intellectual powerhouse of the RAS would be banned from gathering research from their previous lives.

This goes beyond faction bias. If you’ve any care or sympathy for player immersion and investment to this game, you’ll boycott this travesty that is Before the Storm. Golden single-handedly assassinates not only Sylvanas but the Forsaken narrative we players have enjoyed for more than decade.
Banning books........... awesome.
Lordaeron.. isn't their home? GOLDEN! SYLVANAS LITERALLY GIVES A SPEECH IN-GAME ABOUT HOW LORDAERON IS THEIR HOME!
DID YOU GET THE 1930s-40s GERMAN PARALLELS YET

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SUBTLETY
Yikers
06/12/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Jacksprat

Maybe sylvanas will also ban before the storm
06/12/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Bjoramier

This is a redemption arc I can get behind!
How about we start by banning BtS?

Great minds think alike.
06/12/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Malgorrok
Lordaeron.. isn't their home? GOLDEN! SYLVANAS LITERALLY GIVES A SPEECH IN-GAME ABOUT HOW LORDAERON IS THEIR HOME!

Seriously. It's an entire voice-acted quest to give your Forsaken PC a sense of direction and history lesson about your race. A quest called Lordaeron.

She gained sentience and decided to retcon the book from within it.
06/12/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Thaelia

This is a redemption arc I can get behind!

500 IQ christie golden with the amazing plot twists, gonna be a great xpac bois.

The name of the land is Lordaeron the country and the style is Forsaken and it's Undercity. Not Lordaeron City. Try to be clear on this distinction as the new lore isn't against previous lore. It's in fact consistent with the evolution of the Forsaken.
06/12/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Tienzan

The name of the land is Lordaeron the country and the style is Forsaken and it's Undercity. Not Lordaeron City. Try to be clear on this distinction as the new lore isn't against previous lore. It's in fact consistent with the evolution of the Forsaken.

No, that's not what it says. It literally says their home is no longer Lordaeron. Not Lordaeron City, Lordaeron the country.
06/12/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Samariyu
How about we start by banning BtS?

Great minds think alike.

tfw christie golden brought peace to the story forums
X-pac ain’t even out and Golden has already brought an end to the faction war, just as promised...

Well, on the forums at least.
So..... Brill.....

"NOT YOUR HOME!!!" -Sylvanas
I'm sure I'll hate it, but I'll read it anyway, because I don't think it would be fair of me to pretend that I can honestly discuss the contents of the book without having read it myself. To boycott it isn't very conducive to discussing the story in an honest way.
06/12/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Galka
I'm sure I'll hate it, but I'll read it anyway, because I don't think it would be fair of me to pretend that I can honestly discuss the contents of the book without having read it myself. To boycott it isn't very conducive to discussing the story in an honest way.

I feel you. It's hard to feel like you're being honest in your criticism without having digested the work in its entirety, but at he same time there's been enough material released to judge whether a business has released a product that does or does not merit our dollars. I'm not happy paying for a book that makes me feel like I'm going home with the Slap Chop™ of literature.