Remove Mail Armor?

General Discussion
While a nice Idea, it could cause issues with Wizards of the Coast, As their RPG systems uses a three Armor type system. For those that have played DDO it is already a thing, thus Blizzard might have to pay royalties and that is not going to happen.
06/18/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Lithtyr
While a nice Idea, it could cause issues with Wizards of the Coast, As their RPG systems uses a three Armor type system. For those that have played DDO it is already a thing, thus Blizzard might have to pay royalties and that is not going to happen.

Nah, lots of games have a 3 tier armor system. Guild Wars 2 leaps to mind, but there are plenty others. Heck I think even Wildstar did it.

It's one of those basic concepts that's pretty darn hard to copyright, though I'm sure someone's tried.
06/17/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Andrraste
Yes, we clearly need more leather wearers
Now, that's sarcasm you could take the rust off a 1972 Cordoba with.

06/17/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Elbonk
I hope you are trolling

https://youtu.be/kyevhryWKHk?t=40s

re: the OP.
No.
06/17/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Harkarden
I think all armor should be consolidated into "Hunter Armor".

I thought it already was. :)

Anyway, OP, no. We don't need more simplification, more loss of detail, more loss of little flavor things.
06/18/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
06/17/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Harkarden
I think all armor should be consolidated into "Hunter Armor".

Anyway, OP, no. We don't need more simplification, more loss of detail, more loss of little flavor things.

you so simplification I say streamlined
06/18/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Moggren
06/18/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Eyrinjia

you so simplification I say streamlined

Okay. We don't need streamlining. WoW does not need to become the equivalent of a jigsaw puzzle for toddlers, with 3 or 4 ginormous pieces.
06/17/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Andrraste
Yes, we clearly need more leather wearers

With forced personal loot, more on your armor type is actually better.... more people who can trade to you <3
06/18/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
Okay. We don't need streamlining. WoW does not need to become the equivalent of a jigsaw puzzle for toddlers, with 3 or 4 ginormous pieces.

In all fairness, it's a long road from "remove potentially unnecessary elements" to "4 piece toddler puzzle".

Plus people have been calling WoW "Baby's first MMO" since it launched. All the old school Everquest and Ultima Online folks always used to give us crap for things like not losing levels when you die, or being able to solo mobs at any level. I think old age took care of them by now, though.
Because there isn’t enough competition for leather already?
06/17/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Moggren
could move monks to cloth?
I agree. Monks in leather makes no sense.
The game has already lost alot of original RPG elements.

Please don't encourage Blizzard to gut it entirely
We ESO now.
06/17/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Arawn
I just think they need another class that uses mail armor. Two is just too few compared to the other types and leather has too many.

No thanks, I actually like only having to deal with one other class for gear.
No thanks. I don't need it to be any easier for rogues to gib my shaman or hunter. Like other ppl have said they just need to add another mail class (Bards finally?). Elemental and resto shaman have armor on par with DPS plate wearers when they equip a shield (or at least they used to). If you're gonna downgrade them to leather then they'd need their defensive capabilities buffed to compensate.
Honestly, Armor these days feels like such an irrelevant stat these days. They might as well merge mail into plate and no one would notice the damage reduction. As a result, some classes get more transmog options and it'll be great.
06/18/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Lht
06/17/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Arawn
I just think they need another class that uses mail armor. Two is just too few compared to the other types and leather has too many.

No thanks, I actually like only having to deal with one other class for gear.

Not really an issue with the new loot system coming in BFA
I mean, Thrall is a Shaman and he used to wear plate.
Remove cloth armor. Really it's not even armor, it's a t-shirt and a dress!

Who the heck wears a dress into a battle???

I want some real protection
I kinda wish they'd go with a you can equip it you can transmog it route
Why does this game need more simplification? It has been dumb'd down enough over the years.