Why Blizzard Cannot Respond yet

Classic Discussion
Blizzard announced the return of Classic (Vanilla) World of Warcraft
they said they need to hire/train and then jump into a pile of dirty, old
Atari's and Nintendo's to find out how to connect a old coded game
and bring it into 2018 world of computers and internet.

1. if Blizzard has updates on anything about this process,
the community would jump down their throats and probably burn them
at the stake.

2. Why? because the community is all over the map!
we all want different things, many of them wont be available for comment
and those few who get a tiny bit of information will want MORE!

3. if Blizzard offered some info about A,B,C,D … then the Fans who wanted
E,F,G,H …. would scream about the lack of updates and info,
its a No win situation.

4. So, Blizzard doesn't want to release the names of those responsible
the new employees working on this problem, they NEED to protect them
from a community of Evil Hordes who will tear them limb from limb,
unless they come out with ALL the info at once, to appease the Masses.
05/25/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Spiritbow
Evil Hordes
i blame the Horde for all our problems.
the problem is people don't want to accept what they have actually said, they just simply want more details than what has been given, which you can understand , but we did not get many details when other expansions were at the very early stages either.
05/25/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
the problem is people don't want to accept what they have actually said, they just simply want more details than what has been given, which you can understand , but we did not get many details when other expansions were at the very early stages either.

Other than no xrealm or lfg blizzard has only made some vagues statements and in some articles statements that contradicted themselves.

Why is the community all over the map?
Because blizzard has yet to give a definitive answer about what they will and will not do.
05/25/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Tuathaa

Other than no xrealm or lfg blizzard has only made some vagues statements and in some articles statements that contradicted themselves.

Because blizzard has yet to give a definitive answer about what they will and will not do.

and they have clearly stated there is no news to share just yet, quite recently in fact.

what I bolded is quite true and hard to accept, but giving details before they are ready to share is not going to happen, be glad there is nothing for them to datamine,lol.
If what blizzard would announce would get them ripped apart it sounds like they are delaying a huge mistake.

They need to identify that the vanilla community =/= retail community.
They need to accept that people dislike the later changes and they desire the old.
They need to realize that people just want to play the old game.
They need to release at least a formal statement about what they are planning. Obviously they are planning "Classic" but they mentioned "polish" and "5 man UBRS" which i heard was a mistake of words.

From the current information provided, Classic means nothing. For all we know this is going to be a complete franken mess that is level 60 required and none of the systems replicate vanilla.
05/25/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Yoyott
If what blizzard would announce would get them ripped apart it sounds like they are delaying a huge mistake.

or more likely , at the current stage of development there is nothing to share other than what has already been said?

They need to identify that the vanilla community =/= retail community.

They know this, they also know there is crossover between the two.

They need to accept that people dislike the later changes and they desire the old.
They need to realize that people just want to play the old gam

They have, part of why they are doing the servers.

hey need to release at least a formal statement about what they are planning.

They have, they just are obviously not a point to share anymore, which is typical based on the past expansion at similar stages.

From the current information provided, Classic means nothing. For all we know this is going to be a complete franken mess that is level 60 required and none of the systems replicate vanilla.

Except for statements like "we know Vanilla means Vanilla"

and they have clearly stated there is no news to share just yet, quite recently in fact.

what I bolded is quite true and hard to accept, but giving details before they are ready to share is not going to happen, be glad there is nothing for them to datamine,lol.

Didnt say it was untrue i simply kind of backed up what you said and explained why people were up in arms.

I honestly exoect them to follow the path they have alreade laid and not say much of anything until release, maybe beta if they have one.
Honestly, the point I'm at is to not buy anything from Activision or Blizzard until they start talking. The idea that the announcement would not spark instant hype is laughable. Once the hype train starts, it needs a conductor, and we've seen little to zero blue interaction on this forum.

Yes, there is a community split, but it's been incredibly difficult to have these conversations without a minor amount of moderation and direction. Hell, the greens even mostly avoid this forum because of the vitriol. I 100% blame Blizzards lack of presence in these discussions as the reason that they have escalated to the points they have over the last few months.

Yes, I quit playing at the end of MoP, I couldn't stand the direction the game was going, it wasn't the game I fell in love with anymore. But I've watched how Blizzard has slowly removed themselves from talking directly with the community until there is a major blow-up. This was especially horrific in Cata, the level of hubris then was on full display.

I remember a time when Tigole would respond to us. When blues (devs, not just community managers) were active in class forums. When we could see that they cared and worked with the community to build a better game. That was Classic - Beginning of Wrath, and the game was better and more successful for it.

We need to know who, at least, the brand manager is. Please, give us someone to have a dialog with, even if they don't respond. Give us a FAQ, something at this point. The silence is only feeding the fire of opinions that are unhealthy for the community and breeding conspiracy theories to boot. Even something simple, like "Hey all, thank you for showing your passion and participation here. We are still in the planning phases and don't really have anything to tell you, getting the right team together takes time. We'll have more information after the release of BfA!" Just that would do wonders.
05/25/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Tuathaa

Didnt say it was untrue i simply kind of backed up what you said and explained why people were up in arms.

I honestly exoect them to follow the path they have alreade laid and not say much of anything until release, maybe beta if they have one.

Gotcha, plus you have to factor the BfA release too, though, honestly saying "no changes that werent in the vanilla timeline" would not hurt sales.

05/25/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Xhi
Honestly, the point I'm at is to not buy anything from Activision or Blizzard until they start talking.

They have though, they have not shared anymore than they ever have when they had a release at the current stage.

Once the hype train starts, it needs a conductor, and we've seen little to zero blue interaction on this forum.

We don't get hardly any blue interaction anywhere on the forums, they much prefer twitter or other places.

ommunity and breeding conspiracy theories to boot. Even something simple, like "Hey all, thank you for showing your passion and participation here. We are still in the planning phases and don't really have anything to tell you, getting the right team together takes time. We'll have more information after the release of BfA!" Just that would do wonders.

They have said this...well except for the last part.
Yes, while the nuts of the world are few, their impact is heavy. Its why there's warnings on lawnmowers like, "Don't stick your face in here."
or more likely , at the current stage of development there is nothing to share other than what has already been said?

it was a response to OP. you took it out of context

They know this, they also know there is crossover between the two.

It's two different games and they put the Classic Discussion right next to General Discussion on the forums. I am sorry, Vanilla WoW has nothing to do with anything about the current game within the last decade and future.

No they are creating these servers so that they still support Vanilla wow due to current legislation being passed that will no longer protect unsupported software. Most people on this forums don't even know about that.

They have, they just are obviously not a point to share anymore, which is typical based on the past expansion at similar stages.

They have,

No, they havn't. There is still no real understanding of what classic means whether you like to accept it or not. The last formal information provided was at Blizzcon. They have not formally announced anything since then.

05/25/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
Except for statements like "we know Vanilla means Vanilla"

The 5 Man UBRS, Blizz Polish, etc... needs to be addressed. They have been vague and this goes back the the statement above. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT "CLASSIC" IS. And Blizzard might not know either because they are still figuring it out. They can announce that if it's true, or give a indepth of the plan.
They haven’t given us any new information or any updates because there isn’t anything of significance to update us on yet. I fully believe that is the only reason. They said this was going to be a huge undertaking and asked the community to be patient. I think we all need to practice that here.

I’m not buying into the theory that they are afraid of the community’s reaction at all. Why? Because no matter what they announce, or when they announce it, there are going to be people going crazy unhappy on the forums. I have been here for many, many years, like most of you here. Since the majority of you have been too, I’m sure you have saw the constant backlash from the playerbase no matter which path they have taken the game throughout the years. People tend to gravitate to the forums when they aren’t happy or want to complain. Very few come to them with positive feedback or just to discuss the game. The people who do come to the forums saying anything positive about the game are called fanboys and the like. They are bashed.

It comes down to you can’t please all the people all the time. Do you really think that after all these years in business Blizzard doesn’t know this by now? And do you really think they don’t know that regardless of which way they take Classic there are going to be some unhappy people? Of course they know this.
05/25/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Yoyott

it was a response to OP. you took it out of context

No I copy quoted you quite clearly.

Posted by Yoyott

t's two different games and they put the Classic Discussion right next to General Discussion on the forums. I am sorry, Vanilla WoW has nothing to do with anything about the current game within the last decade and future.

So? It is still WoW.

No they are creating these servers so that they still support Vanilla wow due to current legislation being passed that will no longer protect unsupported software. Most people on this forums don't even know about that.

Which would not effect WoW. MMOs are not static. also what 'current' legislation is going to change their rights?

Also you missed the part where I said it was part of the reason,which it is.

No, they havn't. There is still no real understanding of what classic means whether you like to accept it or not. The last formal information provided was at Blizzcon. They have not formally announced anything since then.

Yes they have, a month ago in the CS forums in fact. Their initial interviews and Ion's own comments as well.

focus on the above because that is where we are at.

The 5 Man UBRS, Blizz Polish, etc... needs to be addressed. They have been vague and this goes back the the statement above. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT "CLASSIC" IS. And Blizzard might not know either because they are still figuring it out. They can announce that if it's true, or give a indepth of the plan.

I agree, but they obviously are not at a point where they are ready to share, they have been VERY clear on how early on this all is.

This is how they have always handled this, when they are ready , we will get more details.
I am sticking to , It's all a big lie and they are hoping the launch of BfA will be a big enough smoke screen to hide the fact that they were never going to release Vanilla. BfA will be declared the spiritual successor of Vanilla by their paid shills and the classic forum will disappear.

They would be engaging the customer base if they had been serious about releasing a product.
We already have 95% of the details. It's called vanilla WoW.

The only question is what route they're going to take as far as patch progression goes. Will they go from 1.1 to 1.12 on a similar time table, or will they start at a later patch and release appropriately tuned raids up to naxx on a vanillaish time table?

Honestly those are pretty much the only two realistic options I see at this point.

Or Tseric was right and the community is going to call it a mistake regardless.
They haven’t responded because big company’s like Blizzard wait until special events like Blizzcon to announce things.
Because they're still figuring out the technical stuff to every get community feedback.