Before the Storm early copy AMA?

Story Forum
Prev 1 20 21 22 Next
Death magic has never been that big of a part. Shadow can arguable be bigger as of right now most of those that were shadow focus draenei priest are kinda dead. Mage draenei get shown every know and then(one of the island expedition draenei NPC is a mage). Usually draenei are either paladin/priest or shaman.

Where do you think Vigilants come from? Seems like death magic to me.

Draenei tech was arcane. That made it a big part of their culture and now their tech is being made Light instead. That's removing a large part of draenei culture.

06/03/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Zerde
What is incoherent about the current events? Sylvanas has always been an enemy to the Alliance. Aside from Arthas, I have wanted nothing more than finally see her beaten.

There's literally no reason for the destruction of Teldrassil. It just comes out of no where. You're just ok with it because it gives the humans an excuse to go after Lordaeron.
06/03/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Lena
Where do you think Vigilants come from? Seems like death magic to me.

Draenei tech was arcane. That made it a big part of their culture and now their tech is being made Light instead. That's removing a large part of draenei culture.

Nothing suggest it uses necromantic magic. In fact, it implies it some sort of holy rite.

06/03/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Lena
There's literally no reason for the destruction of Teldrassil. It just comes out of no where. You're just ok with it because it gives the humans an excuse to go after Lordaeron.

The Horde has been attacking the Night elves since Vanilla. Of course the Horde would try and take out Tedrassil sooner or later. Hell, even Tides of War talks about how if Tedrassil was ever to fall the Alliance would attack the Undercity in reprisal.
06/03/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Zerde
The Horde has been attacking the Night elves since Vanilla. Of course the Horde would try and take out Tedrassil sooner or later. Hell, even Tides of War talks about how if Tedrassil was ever to fall the Alliance would attack the Undercity in reprisal.

[/quote] They even state the horde if left uncheck would burn the world tree and teldrassil will fall.

The problem is there is no good justification -NOW- for us to want to sack it. Where is it? Genn attacking Sylvanas in Stormheim? Never mentioned on the Horde side ever again. The Alliance attacking the Goblins in Silithus? Never mentioned again.

And now apparently the Novel doesn't even present a compelling case the for the Horde to want to fight the Alliance.

I'll be blunt - I don't really care if the Alliance-aligned posters think there are justifications for Teldrassil because you're already pre dis-positioned to think of the Horde the way you do. I care about what the Horde-aligned posters think of our justifications, because this story is meant to be written for us as well and to make it enjoyable for us as well. That isn't there, in any way shape or form, that I have seen so far.

The Horde has no reason to do it right now. Apparently the factions are at peace. And even if we look at the most recent battles, that was humans attacking the Horde, not night elves. Where is burning the tree coming from?

The only reason it's happening is so humans can invade Lordaeron. That's it. That's why there's no real justification for it. No lead up to it. And the night elves just kind of disappear after it happens.
I'm eternally salty about Tyrande spitting on me after I saved her utterly worthless husband and her useless god's temple.

But as much as I want to put her in the camel clutch and make her humble, there's no real justification for murdering a ton of innocents just to get back at Tyrande for being the biggest snob in Azeroth.

Reference in question: https://youtu.be/B8sPIeLZ6eE?t=15
If what Sylvanas said is true that Teldrasill was going to be used as an Alliance port to ship Azerite, then it was legitimate military target as much as Theramore was.
06/04/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Lena
The Horde has no reason to do it right now. Apparently the factions are at peace. And even if we look at the most recent battles, that was humans attacking the Horde, not night elves. Where is burning the tree coming from?

The only reason it's happening is so humans can invade Lordaeron. That's it. That's why there's no real justification for it. No lead up to it. And the night elves just kind of disappear after it happens.

You know we are missing the final part of the Before the Storm, particularly Sylvanas' epilogue.
06/04/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Zerde
You know we are missing the final part of the Before the Storm, particularly Sylvanas' epilogue.

There is no Sylvanas epilogue.
06/04/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Lena

Oh please, its all but guranteed the book will end up having an epilogue to both sides, exactly like how Tides of War ended.
06/04/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Zerde
06/04/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Lena

Oh please, its all but guranteed the book will end up having an epilogue to both sides, exactly like how Tides of War ended.

Um, do you know what this thread is about?
06/04/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Lena

Don't particular care about reddit. But really how sure are we this guy does have a legit copy?

Edit: decided to read, it does say she does have one, lets see if it is true or not. Regardless, we have 3 more animated shorts, 1 comic and the world event to find out exactly what Sylvanas is up to.
I feel like there’s a missed opportunity not making NPCs out of Zerde and Lena.
06/04/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Zerde
06/04/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Lena

Don't particular care about reddit. But really how sure are we this guy does have a legit copy?

Edit: decided to read, it does say she does have one, lets see if it is true or not. Regardless, we have 3 more animated shorts, 1 comic and the world event to find out exactly what Sylvanas is up to.

Right, I'm sure it's in there right next to the reasons Anduin is High King you promised would be in there.
06/04/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Treng
But as much as I want to put her in the camel clutch and make her humble

Treng, I didn't think I could like you anymore than I already did, but now I see I was wrong!
06/04/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Dotbringer
If what Sylvanas said is true that Teldrasill was going to be used as an Alliance port to ship Azerite, then it was legitimate military target as much as Theramore was.

Burning the tree is different from capturing it. It has an entire nation of people on it. It's much worse than theramore.
06/04/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Zerde

An epilogue for Sylvanas wrote by Golden is probably just more cartoonish villainy -with probably a little of fanwank over Anduin by Baine throw somewhere too...-

We have reached the point Knaak becomes better than Golden, so I guess time to ask for another writer for Horde side of things (personally I think Stackpole or Neilson would be great).
06/04/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Cladriah

They even state the horde if left uncheck would burn the world tree and teldrassil will fall.
I'm well aware that Blizzard has pushed the Ashenvale conflict for a while now, it's just never been a particularly compelling one for either side.

Night Elf players feel it serves only to further their downward spiral into incompetent fodder and Horde players rarely find "lumber!" a very good reason to fight a war and damage their faction identity.

In other words...

!@#$%^- it blizzard I don't want Night Elf trees please stop
Lumber isn't a captivating reason but it's a feasible one. BfA doesn't give us anything close.
06/04/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Tewdee
BfA doesn't give us anything

Fixed