Do you main one class, spec, etc

General Discussion
I've hopped around every class this expansion except priest really, I just don't like it.

originally I only played arms war and frost dk, but now that ive leveled everything I realize I barely like warrior or dk. I've also realized I like tanking more than dps, and I love healing as monk.

decided I'm going to still play multiple classes but only the tanks moving forward as there's less fotm and I love how active the rotations are.

I'm bored btw.
I've only ever mained one class nearly to the exclusion of all others.

In classic it was an Undead mage, though spec wise I was Frost through MC and BWL, and swapped to Fire for AQ40 and Naxx40. I kept going with Mage in BC.

In Wrath I swapped to this main. He's almost always primarily Unholy, unless things are so unbalanced and out of whack I need to go Frost to perform. Legion, just because of how they spec locked you with the artifact weapons and legendary items I was Unholy pretty much all the way through. I would have swapped to Frost in Nighthold, but the artifact weapon and legendary items precluded that. Was happy as Unholy in ToS, and for the most part in Antorus outside a couple of bosses.

I do have a 110 of every class, but I don't play them much outside of trying to get them geared to do the mage towers, and to make gold. I've always maintained a max level of every class since classic, I had them all doing mooncloth and arcanite transmutes for gold even back then.
I generally main one class but I do prepare a few alts should they be needed. As a tank, I feel like I should have at least 2 other tank alts ready to go along with my main for the current tier and difficulty for example should my main be changed too radically by Blizz in a way I do not agree with or if a specific tank/class we do not have in our comp is pretty much required for a boss (Looking at you Aggramar).

I do have a 110 of every class other than that but certainly far from geared as my 3 "mains".
I used to play Druid solely because I felt like changing roles every other day. Now I just play BM hunter.
BM4LIFE always and forever.
This is my first and only main. Within the last year or so I used my free boosts to get a Mage and a Hunter to help me farm raid mounts. That is all those alts do, level and gear just enough to help farm mounts. Ethna used to only be Holy but that was so painful when leveling that I switched to Ret. It's been a couple of expansions and I haven't gone back to healing, but I still think about doing it. One of these days.
I jump around classes each expansion, usually deciding on what looks the most fun at the time.

But it usually just ends up with me going back to this shaman. Although I did main a warlock in WoD, and a paladin in WoTLK.
I’ve bounced a little, but I feel that I’ve found my one true love in being a Pally, lol.

And I thoroughly enjoy playing all 3 specs, consistently. One of my favorite things is hopping between specs during a raid if we need to swap in/out folks, so it makes it easier to fill up and get moving quickly.

Plus getting all 3 specs down has made it really nice in expanding my awareness when working with others (used to main just Holy).

Edit: yay typos! lol
I have everything, and multiples of some, but it's getting to be too much. I don't have time for them all, but I can't choose between them because they're all fun. I wish I could be like my friend was, she had two then stopped playing one of them and just stuck with one toon. It was so much easier and really she looked to be enjoying the game more. Until she got burned out on the RNG and repetitiveness of it and quit playing before Argus dropped. But that's a dev problem not a one-toon problem.
I only have two characters: Shalorel (my main) Balance only, and Selosse a Blood Elf Warlock, Destruction only. That's all I play.
Ever since WoD and Legion, yes.

In Wotlk, Cata, and MoP, I had at least 3 or 4 different classes geared enough to raid or pvp with, depending on what the guild needed. These days, alts are just a chore to me.
I'll probably die before I quit playing a Ret Paladin.
Generally you'll find me in bear spec. Its so comfortable knowing I can't be dazed and while it may take a while, I can solo whatever I gotta solo, however much I gotta solo. But I'm resto a good portion of the time because I enjoy healing bgs and invasions. For any group stuff, I'm boom. Sooooo.... I'm rarely boom. >_0

Kitty stuff is for when I gotta solo old content that needs to die fast. Very rare.

I play other stuff but druid things are best things. ;D
Had this guy since vanilla enhance sham. Ret pally was my main alt in legion. I just boosted a fury war, but quickly shelved him. I am leveling a nighbourne monk for the giggles.
I play whatever sounds fun at the moment, but main whichever class/spec is the most fun and/or relaxing for daily play.
06/07/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Fobnop
I have everything, and multiples of some, but it's getting to be too much. I don't have time for them all, but I can't choose between them because they're all fun. I wish I could be like my friend was, she had two then stopped playing one of them and just stuck with one toon. It was so much easier and really she looked to be enjoying the game more. Until she got burned out on the RNG and repetitiveness of it and quit playing before Argus dropped. But that's a dev problem not a one-toon problem.

this is basically me. I love everything but I just don't have the time and wish I only liked 1 maybe 2 classes.

I'm going mostly monk forward, with other tanks for fun. if I play any pure dps it's going to be warlock because ranged is always needed and I find them fun and easy to solo with
Main one and have another "main" alt. Have other characters that I might hop on for the heck of it but two characters are the ones I focus on and out of those two one is my main that takes precedence over the other.
I'm married to Blood spec DK.

I stand to lose everything in a divorce.

Before wrath, it was Ret Paladin/Arms Warrior.
I used to play a lot of alts, but these days i almost exclusively play Balance Druid, It has IMO the best toolset for playing how I like to play. If I want some variety I can mess with other specs and not need to level a whole other character, but I usually come back to balance pretty quickly.

Ranged DPS + Heals + Stealth is a pretty sweet combo.
Altaholic so no, but most are low level. Only in the last few months have I managed to get several toons to max so e'll see how it goes in BFA. I may find I only realistically have time to dedicate to one.