The mage Tower up all the time till BFA

General Discussion
1 2 3 25 Next
BFA is 70 days away and there is still some characters I want the challenge artifact skin on. I can get them to level 110 no problem, gearing them is a little more work but I can do that relativity fast. Problem is I have to wait for the tower to be up before I can do it. 3 days of active time, and if I have to wait to do it again because I'm a bit under geared or don't have the time during the week it's active, I reduce my chances of getting what I desire in time. I'm returning from the game after a break and getting all characters to the point of completing this is taking awhile.

Last 30 days of legion lets have the challenges be active all the time. I'm fine with the shard cost those are super easy to get a heap of them. 30 days should be plenty for all who desire to get up to the point of completing this on as many as they want/can. If you're going to take the challenges away why won't this be a good idea?

That something we can agree on?
I support this 100%, and that's as someone who doesn't need it to be up ever again. The challenge is with the encounter itself, the wait to get it rebuilt is needlessly punishing this late in the expansion.
I have all the one's I want, but if it was up all the time I would try and get all I could for the xmog options.

Seems like a reasonable request to me, still have to complete the challenge either way.
Especially, if you are trying to get multiple skins on multiple artifacts. Getting the right gear for a class like a Paladin is daunting. You need tank, healer, and dps gear. Getting all the AP needed to level it up high enough for level 3 Netherlight is a nightmare.
But whats the point? The Artifact Weapon will not be used in BFA once you hit max level.
Very weird to me that they didn't implement this months ago. Though I will say it was a blessing in disguise for me that they didn't, because it gave me a break from doing them and I could use the 10 days or whatever it was to gear up the next group of characters I was doing.
"We don't want players to feel they HAVE to do it because it's up!"

So instead they have to do it WHILE it's up!
06/05/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Fideliò
But whats the point? The Artifact Weapon will not be used in BFA once you hit max level.

Skins will carry over as transmog.

The skins will still be available for xmog in BFA
Blizz did say that they were going to keep the buildings up permanently at some point.
All the buildings should stay up. We defeated the legion. They are no longer attacking the broken shore. So we should have all the buildings up going forward.

Artifact weapons will transfer ino class specific transmogs. So if you unlock the warrior tmog from the mage tower, you'll be able to tmog it onto BFA weapons.
06/05/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Infernastorm
Blizz did say that they were going to keep the buildings up permanently at some point.

Source?
06/05/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Infernastorm
Source?
You had a year for it
i dont think the intent was for everyone to get 36/36, especially on classes they didnt bother to level until the last two months of the expansion
06/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Sillidan
i dont think the intent was for everyone to get 36/36, especially on classes they didnt bother to level until the last two months of the expansion

Didn't say anthing about getting all 36, just all the one's I want. I would say I want a dozen or so of them. Right now I only have 4 of them and only 3 of the characters I want able to do it.
06/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Sillidan

That's a fair point to make, but could also make the argument that there just isn't a huge negative aspect to the Mage Tower to always be active. Give's people the opportunity to do content they're interested in when they want to. When it first came out, having it only be active for a portion of the time made more sense, as it created an exclusivity. However, the exclusivity is no longer there as anyone who has played for the majority of the time should be able to easily complete the challenge, the only limiting factor is if that Tower is up or not.
This far in, after we've decidedly routed the Broken Shore efforts IN GAME, is to have the destruction of our Broken Shore efforts go considerably slower.

Have buildings up for five to seven days at a time. Limit the Nether Disruptor to still only offer three Seals.
If blizzard was to announce that in the BFA prepatch it is up all the time I would be like, "Cool, I'll focus my efforts on getting prepared for it now and get them done when that happens."