The mage Tower up all the time till BFA

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
06/05/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Akinaidela
Especially, if you are trying to get multiple skins on multiple artifacts. Getting the right gear for a class like a Paladin is daunting. You need tank, healer, and dps gear. Getting all the AP needed to level it up high enough for level 3 Netherlight is a nightmare.

Mage tower wasn't balanced around the existence of those things. If you have 925 ilvl and concordance you are overgeared for mage tower.
i was exaggerating with the 36 comment, the point is that the tower has always required some preparation

if you have not even leveled up yet then you were slacking or not really serious about getting them

with that said, i wont be mad if they leave it up
06/05/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Akinaidela
06/05/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Infernastorm
Blizz did say that they were going to keep the buildings up permanently at some point.

Source?

I found it, and it doesn't say what I remember it saying. Turns out, they've got that as an option, but it doesn't say that they're definitely going to do that.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6469-Developer-Q-A-Ryan-Shwayder-Patch-7-2-Content

The team can just stop the Legion from counterattacking the buildings and destroying them in the future if needed.

Source?

I found it, and it doesn't say what I remember it saying. Turns out, they've got that as an option, but it doesn't say that they're definitely going to do that.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6469-Developer-Q-A-Ryan-Shwayder-Patch-7-2-Content

[quote]The team can just stop the Legion from counterattacking the buildings and destroying them in the future if needed.

of course its an option, they can do whatever they want really

Source?

[quote]The team can just stop the Legion from counterattacking the buildings and destroying them in the future if needed.

Interesting, sounds like a simple switch to flip. Or just change the timer number for 72 hours to 730 hours. At which point they can just remove the table when BFA launches.
I would love to see the mage tower up all the time. I just came back to the game from an extended vacation due to real life issues and would really like to get the druid skins.

That being said if they don't make it full time then remove the nethershard cost for when it is up. I have enough nethershards for several more runs but if I do not finish it by that time then I need to farm for more nethershards.
06/05/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Adabra
I would love to see the mage tower up all the time. I just came back to the game from an extended vacation due to real life issues and would really like to get the druid skins.

That being said if they don't make it full time then remove the nethershard cost for when it is up. I have enough nethershards for several more runs but if I do not finish it by that time then I need to farm for more nethershards.

One legion invasion gives a metric ton of the shards so hit those up when you can.
06/05/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Akinaidela
06/05/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Adabra

One legion invasion gives a metric ton of the shards so hit those up when you can.

I noticed cause I managed to do one in Highmountain, but it seems everytime an invasion goes off I am at work and am unable to do it.

Damn work keeps getting in the way of mah games...
06/05/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Adabra

I feel ya, that with my 1 year old. What I do is go to wowhead, their homepage gives you the time of the next 3 so you can better coordinate when you do them.
06/05/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Akinaidela
06/05/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Adabra

I feel ya, that with my 1 year old. What I do is go to wowhead, their homepage gives you the time of the next 3 so you can better coordinate when you do them.

Oh wow...that's very helpful. Thank you.
06/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Sillidan
i dont think the intent was for everyone to get 36/36, especially on classes they didnt bother to level until the last two months of the expansion

The intent is to present a challenge for each class+spec combination, and to award an appearance to anyone able to defeat that challenge -- whether you do so on 1 or 18 or 36 of them.
06/05/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Akinaidela
If blizzard was to announce that in the BFA prepatch it is up all the time I would be like, "Cool, I'll focus my efforts on getting prepared for it now and get them done when that happens."

I don't see them announcing it like that but I get your point. It took me an average of 5-10 tries each skin I got, with gearing sessions inbetween each active state. Most of the time I got the gear I needed a day or two after the tower was destroyed. So then I had to wait for the next time it was active. If the tower didn't open on a weekend it made it difficult to give it a good honest try.
06/05/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Infernastorm
The team can just stop the Legion from counterattacking the buildings and destroying them in the future if needed.

I suspect they are saving this option for the case where the mage tower doesn't pop for like a month. It's still coming up pretty regularly so I think it's working as intended.
06/05/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Sunbelle
06/05/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Infernastorm

I suspect they are saving this option for the case where the mage tower doesn't pop for like a month. It's still coming up pretty regularly so I think it's working as intended.

It's taking significantly longer to come up now.
yeah rl flustrations making it hard to be able to get in there when its up. Sucks but oh well, grats to those who got their skins. I only got 4 i think? one per 4 different toons, ones i mostly mained, ele shaman, bm hunter, feral druid, ww monk. Like to get more, but i dont see it working out for me before there gone -shrug- life is life
06/05/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Akinaidela
If blizzard was to announce that in the BFA prepatch it is up all the time I would be like, "Cool, I'll focus my efforts on getting prepared for it now and get them done when that happens."

Unfortunately, the mage tower will no longer be available as of the pre-patch (8.0), as our class changes will be added to the game at that time.

I would've loved to do the hpriest mage tower with the incoming changes, though. Having a second raidwide CD would've made P5 of the healer challenge stupid easy. (And that's why we won't have mage towers post-prepatch, haha.)
06/05/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Maeld
06/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Sillidan
i dont think the intent was for everyone to get 36/36, especially on classes they didnt bother to level until the last two months of the expansion

The intent is to present a challenge for each class+spec combination, and to award an appearance to anyone able to defeat that challenge -- whether you do so on 1 or 18 or 36 of them.

yeah, and the op is acting like they dont have enough time. there was tons of time, they just didnt bother to level up their unplayed alts

now they want it to stay up so they can get it on classes they dont even play
No specific details on timing at the moment, but we are planning to allow the challenge to be attempted at any time, regardless of the status of the Mage Tower, as we approach the end of Legion.

As said, nothing on timing to share at the moment, but we will share more details when we have them. For now, you can continue your attempts, get those strategies down, and work towards better gear to help you complete the Mage Tower!
Nope.

Semper Fi!
06/05/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Ornyx
No specific details on timing at the moment, but we are planning to allow the challenge to be attempted at any time, regardless of the status of the Mage Tower, as we approach the end of Legion.

As said, nothing on timing to share at the moment, but we will share more details when we have them. For now, you can continue your attempts, get those strategies down, and work towards better gear to help you complete the Mage Tower!

Any idea if there will be an achievement for completing all of the mage tower challenges? It would be cool to have a feat of strength or something for us nerds who managed it. Maybe a shiny title :O~