How to Properly Communicate with Players

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
05/25/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Byucknah
05/24/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Nemestrïnus
yet every time a blue puts something out on the forums their words are twisted into a promise and if everything doesn't go down exactly like it was said by a blue everyone calls Blizzard a dirty liar.

That or their words are completely ignored. Blizzard has commented on Post History time and time again, GD ignores it and continues to act like nothing has yet to be said.

Yes, they have acknowledged it, but their already crappy forum has been broken and made even worse for months now. How about a communication plan of some type? If you order something from Amazon and they state that the delivery is TBD are you going to be ok with that?
As much as I enjoy this game I will say that the community can be rotten at times, especially when it comes to blue posts. So that could be why we don't hear much from them.
05/25/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Meemuu
05/24/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Dandelowise
Hell they even state if they can't address them, they will scrap the entire system just to please us...the customers.

That's bad game design in my opinion. The players play the game, the developers design the game. It works better that way.

And yet somehow League of Legends manages to be one of the most successful and profitable games in the world.
05/24/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Draical
We don't even have any blues on the forum who will comment much except for the "lounge" and joke threads. The last highly active blue we had around here was Bashiok. It's a shame we don't have someone like him still around. Even if people didn't like Bashiok he would still interact with players, and not just in joke threads. And yeah, he got a bunch of crap from players too, just like the blues we have today... just like all blues get. Bashiok would still show his face and not hide for weeks and months at a time though.

You know, I'm not sure if you've just been ignoring the forum or have been selectively cherry picking what threads you read, but Ythisens, one of the blues, has been very active on these forums, on the same level as Bashiok was really.

But hey, keep ignoring evidence that's right in front of your face just so you can parrot your 'Blizzard doesn't communicate' argument.
05/25/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Dandelowise
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That or their words are completely ignored. Blizzard has commented on Post History time and time again, GD ignores it and continues to act like nothing has yet to be said.

Yes, they have acknowledged it, but their already crappy forum has been broken and made even worse for months now. How about a communication plan of some type? If you order something from Amazon and they state that the delivery is TBD are you going to be ok with that?

I mean... "As to the history, yes, we know. The forums in general are getting overhauled, they just haven't gotten to these yet."* Is pretty cut and dry and that's only one of many posts on the matter, and I will be honest in saying I really don't have the drive to go digging up the others.

Here is my question for you now.

What happens with EVERY expansion with the Community Forums?

We get a new set of forums. Literally every expansion the forums get a rework of some kind, yes?

BFA is only a few months away, we will more than likely get the new forums a month or so before that(give or take). If you are expecting them to personally hand you a date or time, no one knows except for Blizzard and when its necessary the change will happen.

So, yes, I am pretty accepting of "TBD" because it happens like clockwork with every expansion.

Besides, you have been provided with an alternative for search history many, many, MANY times. Why waste time and resources on fixing something that's going to be replaces soon when there is a work around already available? That is literally insane and a waste of resources.

As for your statement of "their -- forum has been broken and made even worse for months now." please enlighten me on what else has broken or been made worse because I am genuinely curious now and have nothing but time on my hands.

This is why I quoted that previous poster. Blue posts are either twisted into something they never were OR are willfully ignored.

*https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762207297#post-13
05/25/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Dandelowise
05/25/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Meemuu

That's bad game design in my opinion. The players play the game, the developers design the game. It works better that way.

And yet somehow League of Legends manages to be one of the most successful and profitable games in the world.

Yeah, that's what happens when you create something that is easily accessible, doesn't have an upfront cost, and is modelled after an extremely popular mod from Warcraft 3.

They also happened to release at just the right time, allowing them to scoop up a large chunk of the MOBA community, which is why so few MOBAs that aren't the big 3 (those 3 being DOTA 2, League and SMITE) succeed, because most League players aren't willing to drop the game to pick up a different MOBA in the same way large amounts of WoW players aren't willing to drop WoW in favor of another MMO.

I mean... "As to the history, yes, we know. The forums in general are getting overhauled, they just haven't gotten to these yet."* Is pretty cut and dry and that's only one of many posts on the matter, and I will be honest in saying I really don't have the drive to go digging up the others.

We get a new set of forums. Literally every expansion the forums get a rework of some kind, yes?

BFA is only a few months away, we will more than likely get the new forums a month or so before that(give or take). If you are expecting them to personally hand you a date or time, no one knows except for Blizzard and when its necessary the change will happen.

So, yes, I am pretty accepting of "TBD" because it happens like clockwork with every expansion.

Besides, you have been provided with an alternative for search history many, many, MANY times. Why waste time and resources on fixing something that's going to be replaces soon when there is a work around already available? That is literally insane and a waste of resources.

As for your statement of "their -- forum has been broken and made even worse for months now." please enlighten me on what else has broken or been made worse because I am genuinely curious now and have nothing but time on my hands.

This is why I quoted that previous poster. Blue posts are either twisted into something they never were OR are willfully ignored.

I was stating that their already crappy forum is now made even worse because of the post history issue. These forums are atrocious. Marvel Heroes, a game that is now bankrupt had better forums. PoE has WAY better forums. Simple things like notifications when someone replies to a post or thread you make, a mail system to actually help guild recruiting, and being able to view post history are pretty basic ideas that greatly enhance forums.

If you want to white knight blizzard that's fine, but just like you state people ignore Blizzard's communication, it seems to me you are just ignoring basic functions that SHOULD be present on a game forum...especially one that charges $15/mos.
It's not only about words. You communicate thru your actions as well. Right now Blizzard actions and Blizzards words contradict one another on many occasions. The problems with the community are not going to stop until they learn to unify both their words and actions.
05/25/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Dandelowise
it seems to me you are just ignoring basic functions that SHOULD be present on a game forum...especially one that charges $15/mos.

Your sub fee doesn't go to the forums, never has they are an extra. Why waste time fixing something on these forums that will be totally overhauled sometime in the near future? You will lose your post history too.
05/24/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Draical
05/24/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Crepe
Honestly, negativity breeds negativity.

If you berate someone into communicating? Ain't gonna be a nice conversation.

We want to treat the Blizzard reps like garbage and get spoon fed peeled grapes on demand.

Want communication? Be worth talking to.

Are you serious? Yeah, you're Crepe, you are. lol

There have been countless threads where posters have been decent and had long and meaningful threads on issues that have gone on for long periods of time with no answer, I'm not even talking about current "events". If daddy Blizzard refuses to acknowledge and bluntly ignore player issues for months at a time how do you expect players to respond?

Sometimes all it would take is a blue to pop in with a generic comment just to show the playerbase that they are actually reading what is going on. The vast majority of the time we don't even get that and you know it.

Why the heck do you guys 'need' communication from blizzard anyway ? How does them telling you anything make your life better ? I really don't understand this need for acknowledgement that you have a complaint about things. Does it make it better for them to say, hey I see you are unhappy and then have them not change a thing ?
05/25/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Mythox
it seems to me you are just ignoring basic functions that SHOULD be present on a game forum...especially one that charges $15/mos.

Your sub fee doesn't go to the forums, never has they are an extra. Why waste time fixing something on these forums that will be totally overhauled sometime in the near future? You will lose your post history too.

Of course it does? Do you think Blizzard just magically creates money for the forums and only uses sub fees for the game? I swear people seriously need to understand how companies operate.
05/25/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Bertane
05/24/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Draical

Are you serious? Yeah, you're Crepe, you are. lol

There have been countless threads where posters have been decent and had long and meaningful threads on issues that have gone on for long periods of time with no answer, I'm not even talking about current "events". If daddy Blizzard refuses to acknowledge and bluntly ignore player issues for months at a time how do you expect players to respond?

Sometimes all it would take is a blue to pop in with a generic comment just to show the playerbase that they are actually reading what is going on. The vast majority of the time we don't even get that and you know it.

Why the heck do you guys 'need' communication from blizzard anyway ? How does them telling you anything make your life better ? I really don't understand this need for acknowledgement that you have a complaint about things. Does it make it better for them to say, hey I see you are unhappy and then have them not change a thing ?

Because we are CUSTOMERS. People act like because you are playing a video game, that doesn't mean you aren't a customer buying a product from a company.
05/25/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Byucknah
yet every time a blue puts something out on the forums their words are twisted into a promise and if everything doesn't go down exactly like it was said by a blue everyone calls Blizzard a dirty liar.

Blizzard commented on the issue and how it would be handled, err... actually how it would NOT be handled, months after this was an issue.

Months.

Why should something like this take months when we have to pay to use the forum?

Nice try though, new green, nice try.
First stop using "we", "all", "majority" ,"minority" 99%, 1 %...then we can talk about how devs should communicate with us
05/25/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Dandelowise
05/25/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Bertane

Because we are CUSTOMERS. People act like because you are playing a video game, that doesn't mean you aren't a customer buying a product from a company.

You are customers who are trying to tell a company, what to do, how to make their product, what services to provide, how much to charge for those services, who expect to be kept informed about any changes the company makes and make these types of complaints continually. If you did that to another other business they would by now be telling you, if you don't like it you are free to do business elsewhere.

I was stating that their already crappy forum is now made even worse because of the post history issue. These forums are atrocious. Marvel Heroes, a game that is now bankrupt had better forums. PoE has WAY better forums. Simple things like notifications when someone replies to a post or thread you make, a mail system to actually help guild recruiting, and being able to view post history are pretty basic ideas that greatly enhance forums.

If you want to white knight blizzard that's fine, but just like you state people ignore Blizzard's communication, it seems to me you are just ignoring basic functions that SHOULD be present on a game forum...especially one that charges $15/mos.

He has to defend blizzard.. and afk in LFR.

I hate to point out a glaring flaw in this statement...

But that would probably happen less if there were more posts from Blues in the first place.

If Blizzard acted human, they'd probably be treated as more human. Right now they act like a faceless void, and get absolutely no respect because you can't respect a void.

I'm not saying Blizzard isn't human - I am just saying it's all about perception.

We want to treat the Blizzard reps like garbage and get spoon fed peeled grapes on demand.

That's true in a relationship.

In a client/partner relationship it's different. If you want customers or an engaged customer base you have to put on the big boy pants and learn how to effectively communicate your message, even if you don't want to hear the ruckus afterward.

To say that players aren't worth discussion is just a bad thing to say and it excuses the lack of Blizzard communication that they have even said themselves they want to work on, a free pass.

*Imagines self at work telling a customer they are not worth talking to*

LOL I would be fired so fast my head would be spinning.

Good joke MVP, good joke
05/25/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Slayr

*Imagines self at work telling a customer they are not worth talking to*

LOL I would be fired so fast my head would be spinning.

Good joke MVP, good joke

Trouble is, based on some of the things they have said, that is pretty much how some of them feel. I don't agree with them be expected to communicate all the time because it is pointless but if this is the reason they really need an attitude adjustment.