FLYING in BFA is going to kill WARMODE

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
I want you all to sit down and consider that you're arguing about Flying in BFA, when we're not even in BFA yet.

This won't be an issue for at least a year and a half.
06/16/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Valores
Really at this point we should have an account wide no fly flag that players can permanently set so they can go play on no fly shards. The first batch of people set can be those advocating for no flying.

Wow this ... is actually an excellent idea.

They are getting rid of PvP vs PvE servers because WarMode fixes that issue. Why not do Fly vs No fly servers instead. All these “uber l337 world pvp” people can go gank each other on their dead servers and leave the 99.9% of the population alone lol.
06/16/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Colarcus
06/16/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Studmuffyn

so then lets disable anything that lets people avoid pvp then, problem solved.

Why?

Why, is because if you have warmode on, and are pvp enabled, then you are there to fight other players. For most people that means attacking someone they think is weaker. That also means you shouldnt be able to mount up and fly off when someone targets you in turn, or turns the tables on you. Eaither way, if you flag yourself for pvp, you should be groundbound.

You know, earlier I believe I read you insulting somebody else for assuming they knew what other players wanted. Notice you also do a butt load of assuming yourself. Having Warmode on and being flagged does not mean you are there to fight other players. Could mean you accidentally toggled. Could mean you grouped up with a RL friend who had it on and it auto flagged you without you realizing it, though you had no intention of PvP. Or could mean you have a load of Quests to turn in and you want that sweet, sweet bonus of Warmode but you still don’t want to PvP.

It sounds like you and I are the opposite end of the spectrum in our gameplay preferences. And I get it, you enjoy ganking. But I mainly want to point out that there are awefully lot of assumptions thrown out around here about what “other players” need and want, while also asserting strongly what other players need and want.

Double standards make my nose hairs stand on end.
Simple solution.

On War Mode you can only mount your flying mount at designated locations, like towns or designated spots on terrain.

Now everyone can fly and flying cannot ruin WPVP.

On top of that, quest area design is meaningful again since you cannot pew pew into the middle and fly out.
Good.

Warmode needs to die.
06/18/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Infernastorm
I want you all to sit down and consider that you're arguing about Flying in BFA, when we're not even in BFA yet.

This won't be an issue for at least a year and a half.

Flying in Legion was released about 6 months after launch.
lol I think you mean flying is going to make warmode actually playable
Why not just introduce some kind of fatigue limitation on flying mounts in BFA Warmode. That way you can still track people down when they have to land and recharge their fatigue just like when swimming outside of the game map.

That would make flying slightly less OP IMO
Blizzard, you guys know we all love flying. But, I think within Warmode it would be a poor idea, because it will take away the sense of presence in the world, if everyone is just up in the air flying and dropping down on their locations. It would be a real shame, not only for enriching the PvP experience, but the RP porttion of Warmode as well. With flying in the mix it won't feel like the outdoor Warmode world, is populated, and indeed ready to wage war.
So, everyone that wants to get rid of flying in warmode is also in favor of getting rid of the warmode bonus yes?

Didn't think so.
warmode is already dead.
11/06/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Booggz
warmode is already dead.
11/06/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Músashi
So, everyone that wants to get rid of flying in warmode is also in favor of getting rid of the warmode bonus yes?

Didn't think so.

You had to reach back to June to find someone to argue with?
The item is called the Net-O-Matic 4000 it dismounts flying people and you get it from a quick kill quest.
06/16/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Gashysmashy
Actually, there's nets you can throw that dismounts people in warmode. Not that that would hinder flying too much as long as you fly high enough, but it's something

You want a real epic PvP challenge? You fly up to someone trying to hide with warmode enabled and dismount, hit them with the net to dismount them, and then you knock them off their glider when they try and use it so the glider cooldown is in effect. Watch them SPLAT, then gank them on rez like most PvP people live for.

You can do sky combat if you're good enough to fall within range and hit them with stuff. I pity the fool who AFK's in the sky with warmode enabled. They're not really safe.

PvP'ers need to get more creative and stop saying flying ruins PvP. Is PvP really vibrant and revitalized during pathfinder? Does PvP just die when flying is actually available? No, but that doesn't stop the fearmongering.

The developers need to be just as creative and stop the flying hate. Why not release a ground only zone at launch and flying available at max level. Make the ground only zone rich in PvP only rewards so it is appealing to PvP players. Let everyone have their cake and eat it to.

Instead of pitting different players against one another why not give each type of player what they want? Or you can keep doing what you're doing and people like me will sit on the forums with WoW uninstalled while they wait for their sub time to run out, then not come back until what they want to play is actually available, or not come back at all because we're sick of time gates to fun.
Good. I’ve never even turned war mode on. This is a pve game.
Warmode is already dead. The Alliance are too scared to come out and play.
11/06/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Daynar
Warmode is already dead. The Alliance are too scared to come out and play.

It’s not true atleast on their continent .

120 allaince swarm you like locust atleast on my server.
Flying will only be enabled in Zandalar / Kul'Tiras. At that point everyone will be on Nazjatar progressing, which will surely not have flying enabled, so nothing big really changes for PVP. The only big difference would be that an invasion of the capital city - particularly on the Zandalari temple - will be much easier with flying, but that introduces something fun.
I thought Horade Bias already killed Warmode
Or was it the Alliance Gryphon Guild that killed Warmode?
Or was it the 'Horde got one week more' on that battlefront that killed Warmode.
Or was it Horde Racials got nerfed now no one plays Horde that killed Warmode.
Or was it Horde Racials didn't get nerfed enough that killed Warmode.
Or was it People who Warmode but don't PvP that killed Warmode.
Or was it People in Warmode when you don't want PvP that killed Warmode

I swear. Warmode Players are such fragile little snowflakes.