That's depressing, artifact appearances

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
06/14/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Safiyeh
This is such an upsetting confirmation to get. I hate that artifact transmog is spec locked. This is a baffling change as it just restricts transmog

Well to be fair, this is not actually a change, the artifacts having never been open outside of your spec ever before.
06/14/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Reshyk
06/14/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Nemestrïnus
how often are classes like a Holy paladin going to find a proper 2H weapon to mog into their artifact hammer?
They literally said in the same question that you can mog an Artifact skin over any weapon type even if they don’t match.
So they're going to let Holy wield a shield + 2h mace? That doesn't sound likely.
06/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Beraht
06/14/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Safiyeh
This is such an upsetting confirmation to get. I hate that artifact transmog is spec locked. This is a baffling change as it just restricts transmog

Well to be fair, this is not actually a change, the artifacts having never been open outside of your spec ever before.

Earlier in the beta there was so no such restriction. I was overjoyed when I heard that news.
06/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Rahkur
06/14/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Reshyk
... They literally said in the same question that you can mog an Artifact skin over any weapon type even if they don’t match.
So they're going to let Holy wield a shield + 2h mace? That doesn't sound likely.

The artifact weapons can be transmogged, by your spec. Your opinion is moot when it was stated as fact.
I want my discipline weapon as holy!
As long as I can mog my artifact over ANY physical weapon we obtain in BFA (be it staff or sword), I don't care for spec restriction.

I mean I would prefer it not be restricted, but it won't bother me too much as long as I can display my hard earned appearnces regardless of weapon type I managed to obtain from raids.
That all said, what will happen to my fireballs if we are getting phoenix flames removed as an ability?

Will I only get them if I talent into pheonix flames?

Will they still change colour based on my artifact tint?

So many questions.
06/14/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Jazuki
I want my discipline weapon as holy!

I get to mog my holy weapon as the Gul'dan replica staff. Eat your heart out, who needs a holy-priest-on-a-stick?
Bumping for visibility.
06/14/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Luto
06/14/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Shadula
I think it was a great decision

Most people also think Scaling was great, and they're wrong.

Scaling is great. The leveling nerfs are not.
06/14/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Litha
I agree. Especially since some specs won't be using the same weapon types in BfA that they're using in Legion.

Seems like an unnecessary restriction that limits fun. Why not let my BM hunter use the MM bow? Clearly I did the work to obtain the appearance.

(I know this was posted 5 days ago)

They are going to let people transmog their artifact on the correct spec no matter what weapon they are currently holding. So you can transmog felo’melorn on a Fire Mage even if you have a staff equipped.
06/14/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Nutts
What dissapoints me the most about this is the fact that the very first time they even mentioned the possibility of transmogging artifact skins after Legion was in a Q&A shortly after Legion launched in response to a question about letting Elemental Shamans weild Doomhammer after Legion... and their response was that it would be possible through transmog after Legion...

And now they go back on their original statement about this and say "spec locked"

Agree, what's the point if we can't use them with the characters whe unlocked them?

I don't see why as a arms warrior I can't use one of the Valajar greatswords, or as a mm Hunter I can't use the rifle.

C'mon Blizzard, this is just an arbitrary restriction!
I don't mind if you're not shadow you don't deserve Knaifu.
06/19/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Zunde
I don't mind if you're not shadow you don't deserve Knaifu.

It's called more fun
06/19/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Ninqjinq
06/14/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Litha
I agree. Especially since some specs won't be using the same weapon types in BfA that they're using in Legion.

Seems like an unnecessary restriction that limits fun. Why not let my BM hunter use the MM bow? Clearly I did the work to obtain the appearance.

They are going to let people transmog their artifact on the correct spec no matter what weapon they are currently holding. So you can transmog felo’melorn on a Fire Mage even if you have a staff equipped.

Blizz has said that they are spec locked in the q and a
06/19/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Lunnaya
06/19/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Ninqjinq

Yes, I said that. But the 1 restriction they opened was that you can mog artifacts over any type of weapon.
06/19/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Ninqjinq
06/19/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Lunnaya

Yes, I said that. But the 1 restriction they opened was that you can mog artifacts over any type of weapon.

Spec specific is that you can only transmog into the weapons your spec has for artifacts. Meaning you can't transmog your fire mage artifact into an arcane one that you've earned
06/19/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Lunnaya
06/19/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Ninqjinq

Spec specific is that you can only transmog into the weapons your spec has for artifacts. Meaning you can't transmog your fire mage artifact into an arcane one that you've earned

That’s what I said (or meant to say maybe it came out wrong). My point was you can transmog the Fire Mage sword onto a random dungeon staff.