If You're Unhappy, Consider Unsubbing

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 5 6 7
Agree with the OP. As long as the money is coming, management won't make a move to instruct it's teams to do things differently.

You wouldn't accept paying good money for a chicken burger only to be served a burger with processed chicken. So why reward poor design continuously?

It's a shame too because the art teams always deliver a high quality product, but the gameplay design teams have brought forth nothing but rubbish for awhile now.
Sub ran out a week ago.

The main reason,

Currently the RNG system is layers of RNG on top of layers of RNG.
No longer is it "kill boss, get X item" (1 layer of RNG).
Now it is "complete m+, open chest, get an item from any boss in the dungeon, hope the personal loot system picks you this time and if it doesn't, hope your friend has a high enough ilvl they can trade, hope it warforges or titanforges, hope it has a socket, hope it has a tertiary stat, if you don't get the one you want, hope you get it from your weekly chest out of all the items from all the dungeons".
It's RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.
I'm giving it to 8.1 to see if they pull of any last minute changes to classes (not likely) then will probably unsub. I wish I could enjoy playing, but the classes are too awful and since Blizz either does't read the forums, or simply doesn't care, or both, the only way I can send a message is with my wallet.
11/14/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Bruzes
11/14/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Kabbie
I’m really not a fan of these “love it or leave it” posts: it’s obvious we all love the game. If we didn’t, we’d just quit rather than !@#$% and whine when things started looking bad.

The other alternative is to simply reroll, which sucks for a dedicated hunter player, but what else can you do? I’d rather abandon the class than the game altogether.

This is not good, that means you would take any garbage people throw at you at the expense of your time and money. Hence BfA, a burning pile of refuse, and you would give people money for that refuse. This is why there is no change, because some people truly don't have an idea of the value of their time and their wallet and its relation to how it's invested.

True enough, though I've been keeping myself with alts, I have to admit that the endgame is...well, starved for variety. I'm giving it until 8.1: if the patch doesn't turn it around and give me the content I want...then yeah, gone.
11/14/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Kabbie
I’m really not a fan of these “love it or leave it” posts: it’s obvious we all love the game. If we didn’t, we’d just quit rather than !@#$% and whine when things started looking bad.

The other alternative is to simply reroll, which sucks for a dedicated hunter player, but what else can you do? I’d rather abandon the class than the game altogether.

With all due respect, have you read my posts? I haven't told people to love it or leave it. I've told them to evaluate how they're feeling about the game, and if they were unhappy about it to consider unsubbing. It's still entirely possible to have unsubbed and still make posts about the game because you want it to be better.

You don't think it's incredibly sad that you feel your only viable alternative is to "reroll," instead of being able to provide feedback to developers who will then take that feedback into consideration and potentially apply it to the game? I do.

I've spent a lot of time giving feedback and so far, I haven't felt it's been appreciated or acted upon except for a few specific cases like bug fixes during the beta.

Ignoring my feedback is one thing; it's par for the course and difficult for one voice to be heard; I understand that. It's quite another to have multiple communities' feedback seemingly fallen on deaf ears and ignored entirely. This, to me, indicates a huge problem in the design and development of the game.

If the developers aren't supporting their communities, why should we support the developers? Class design and GCD changes are easy scapegoats to point fingers at, but I'd also like to refer back to my original post and the other points I've listed as examples of things I saw Blizzard doing that weren't making the game feel more fun or more immersive to me.

The conclusion I came to was the overall direction of the game was going a way I didn't want to support. Unfortunately, since it also feels like not just my feedback, but the collective community's feedback was being ignored, it felt like the only way to make Blizzard even begin to hear my message was to use my wallet.

I'm not telling people to unsub. I'm trying to make my voice be heard, and unfortunately this seems to be the only meaningful outlet I have--sharing how my demands aren't being met by what Blizzard supplies. If people sympathize with this message, they may come to a similar conclusion I have and react similarly. It's up to them.

I don't want WoW to die. I want Blizzard to listen.
Blizzard keeps coming to a crossroad with a sign that says "Turn left for guaranteed successfully class design" or "Turn right for class design that has alienated your playerbase and cost you millions of $$". Why does Blizzard keep turning right? The games community is very vocal about it's hatred for the current class design direction and yet here we are, Sucksville, population, us!
11/14/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Victor
Blizzard keeps coming to a crossroad with a sign that says "Turn left for guaranteed successfully class design" or "Turn right for class design that has alienated your playerbase and cost you millions of $$". Why does Blizzard keep turning right? The games community is very vocal about it's hatred for the current class design direction and yet here we are, Sucksville, population, us!

If you look at the state of class design in MoP and WoD (yea it wasn't a great expansion but some of the classes were immensely fun) vs Legion and BfA you will see terribly designed classes and instead of gear growing your characters power on an incremental level with strong fundamentals in class design, we as players are stuck with gear filling in the fundamental class design that is missing. Yes there is a power curve, but the hamster wheel design intended to keep us as players giving them money, by ruining the classes and putting the best TALENTS on gear was in part a monetary decision as well as a lack of creativity. When I state the lack of creativity
I give examples of world quests as the only outdoor content, Legion legendary system being massive RNG and only adding in a vendor at the end of the xpac just to keep the wheel turning. The fact that BfA is almost an exact a copy/paste of Legion systems with NO rewards for leveling, but with esport as the guiding philosophy instead of fun. In BfA it is worse, all the classes are trash (some are less trash than others, but still trash) with the blatant disrespect for the players by not just ignoring us, but telling us you Blizzard are listening, and still ignoring us players.