Faction Imbalance

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
So on the r/wow a post was made about faction imbalance and linking to the video
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3oSzxc5tU
- https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8lsvih/the_faction_imbalance_rant/

User Wonton goes over it fairly decently discussing his opinions and how it has been effecting the game in his owns view.

What has intrigued me most of all with BFA coming to be more faction war orientated will this xpac shine the light to how uneven servers are. Will features like war modes going become one sided?
it's going to get worse.. due to the racials.

alliance really needs a visit to the racials specially on the old ones and lightforged and future allied races I don't see it ending well..
Personally, like, for any new or current player, if one side had more active players why wouldn't you join that side
05/25/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Reyy
Will features like war modes going become one sided?

Yes; with war mode active you will be put into a pvp phase that has a balanced population. People on that phase may not necessarily be from your server, though.

The exception here is RP realms, they will not be phased into others.
There was no reason to ever play alliance in the first place
I seem to remember them saying that they can faction balance the PvP shard system, so hopefully that will help. i am still waiting to see how War Fronts are going to work, seems like more populated side should have a huge advantage in winning those every time they become active. At this point there is very little Blizzard can do to fix the problem and it is only going to grow worse. As more of what is left of the high end Alliance raiding guilds faction transfer. New players will see the imbalance and wonder why the hell would they roll on the Alliance side?
Alliance has better looking cities and outposts. Horde cities remind me of when I walked into a restroom at a car wash overseas, and was greeted by a hole in the ground and feces all over the floor. Nasty Horde.
05/25/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Gavinn
Alliance has better looking cities and outposts. Horde cities remind me of when I walked into a restroom at a car wash overseas, and was greeted by a hole in the ground and feces all over the floor. Nasty Horde.

And herein lies the problem. Alliance is turning more into the, "I want to see pretty cities, and not play ugly orcs, while doing my pet battles and WQs" faction and Horde is the "I want to play end game content such as raids and M+" faction.
05/25/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Dandelowise
And herein lies the problem. Alliance is turning more into the, "I want to see pretty cities, and not play ugly orcs, while doing my pet battles and WQs" faction and Horde is the "I want to play end game content such as raids and M+" faction.

Wrong.

1. Orcs actually don't look so bad these days, especially once they remove the spinal issues on the male characters. Female Orcs have some of the best casting animations in the game.

2. Tauren (who are secretly an Alliance spy race) have always been decent looking.

3. Most Horde are Blood Elves. Clearly, someone wants to be 'pretty'.

4. Raids and M+ are a thing for both factions.
05/25/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Dandelowise

Wrong.

1. Orcs actually don't look so bad these days, especially once they remove the spinal issues on the male characters. Female Orcs have some of the best casting animations in the game.

2. Tauren (who are secretly an Alliance spy race) have always been decent looking.

3. Most Horde are Blood Elves. Clearly, someone wants to be 'pretty'.

4. Raids and M+ are a thing for both factions.

Maybe you should watch the video before commenting further...so ya know, you actually understand the context of the thread you are posting in?
05/25/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Dandelowise
Maybe you should watch the video before commenting further...so ya know, you actually understand the context of the thread you are posting in?

Someone said something on the Internet, so it must be true. The video focuses on the top tier raid guilds, of which most WoW players are not included.
05/25/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Gavinn
05/25/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Dandelowise

Someone said something on the Internet, so it must be true. The video focuses on the top tier raid guilds, of which most WoW players are not included.

So what you are saying is...you didn't watch the video, because it goes into way more detail than just top tier raiding guilds.
It's pretty funny to see how a lot of zombies go from one side or the other for what top players or youtubers do.

Besides being hilarious, I do not really care what other people do.

I think for myself, I play what I want to play, where I want, it's a game, not a competition, not a job.

At the end the blue side will remain, with people who really appreciate the faction and those who do not let themselves be influenced by trivialities like one or two good racials or "pro" players

It sounds good to me.
[quote="207637176860"]So what you are saying is...you didn't watch the video, because it goes into way more detail than just top tier raiding guilds.

Wrong again. I watched the video, and it focuses on top tier raid guilds. The rest is merely moronic conjecture that is typical for Reddit.
05/25/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Gavinn
[quote]
So what you are saying is...you didn't watch the video, because it goes into way more detail than just top tier raiding guilds.

Wrong again. I watched the video, and it focuses on top tier raid guilds. The rest is merely moronic conjecture that is typical for Reddit.

It talks about the trickle down effect which is a real thing. I have seen the effects first hand on my server. Certain guilds over the years have shifted to horde side, friends who used to play solely alliance now play horde. I play both factions and don't really do end game content so it doesn't really effect me, but I can see it being an issue for die hard alliance fans who do want to do progressive end game content.
05/25/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Gavinn
[quote]

Official wow forums thinks it’s above Reddit

It’s only 9am but someone get me a beer lmfao
[quote="207635576911"]It talks about the trickle down effect which is a real thing. I have seen the effects first hand on my server. Certain guilds over the years have shifted to horde side, friends who used to play solely alliance now play horde. I play both factions and don't really do end game content so it doesn't really effect me, but I can see it being an issue for die hard alliance fans who do want to do progressive end game content.

I play both factions as well, and they're both fine for end game content. If your goal is to play in a top tier raid guild, then you're inherently dealing with a microcosm of the larger community. It's always been that way. Die hard Alliance fans are still raiding.
05/25/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Shèryl

I don't speak on behalf of the official WoW forums; that's a different kind of problem. Found a triggered Redditor!
Wow.

You're really sitting here bashing each other over a video and the WoW forums vs Reddit.

I'm going outside.

Have fun.
05/25/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Gavinn
05/25/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Shèryl

I don't speak on behalf of the official WoW forums; that's a different kind of problem. Found a triggered Redditor!

I read multiple forums; not uncommon for me to have the official forums, mmoc, Wowhead, Reddit, etc open.

It’s really amusing how every forums sits there with their nose so high up on the air and snubs the other forums, so nice clean cut example there buddy.