Faction Imbalance

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
The main problem with this imbalance is the Alliance's races, all of them are for defensive use, the only ration that left the offensive line was the LF Draenei, while those of the horde are offensive, which ends up having a much greater utility in groups of Raid and M +, blizzard does not know how to balance and this is leading guilds to the horde since the middle of WOD.
05/25/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Gavinn
[quote]
It talks about the trickle down effect which is a real thing. I have seen the effects first hand on my server. Certain guilds over the years have shifted to horde side, friends who used to play solely alliance now play horde. I play both factions and don't really do end game content so it doesn't really effect me, but I can see it being an issue for die hard alliance fans who do want to do progressive end game content.

I play both factions as well, and they're both fine for end game content. If your goal is to play in a top tier raid guild, then you're inherently dealing with a microcosm of the larger community. It's always been that way. Die hard Alliance fans are still raiding.

Explain to me how both are fine for end game content? I am an officer in our guild, on the second biggest US Alliance server. You have no idea the struggle to not just find recruits, but finding halfway decent recruits, that understand the commitment to raid.

I mean look at the facts, look at the stats on wowprog, hell just rewatch the video. It's all right in front of you, but instead you just choose to say, "Nuh Uh, Alliance is fine cuz I said so!"
05/25/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Dandelowise
Explain to me how both are fine for end game content? I am an officer in our guild, on the second biggest US Alliance server. You have no idea the struggle to not just find recruits, but finding halfway decent recruits, that understand the commitment to raid.

I mean look at the facts, look at the stats on wowprog, hell just rewatch the video. It's all right in front of you, but instead you just choose to say, "Nuh Uh, Alliance is fine cuz I said so!"

Again, it was always a struggle to find good, committed recruits. Admittedly, it has gotten worse over the years, but that's not because of faction balance. That's more of a consequence of the direction the game went and the changing player base. The video focuses on top tier guilds, which do not speak for the majority of WoW. Sometimes you gotta come up for air.
It goes both ways, horde might have PvE, but alliance destroys the horde in Ranked PvP.
05/25/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Jackdark
It goes both ways, horde might have PvE, but alliance destroys the horde in Ranked PvP.

This was only true in WoD dude, Legion PvP has been Horde all the way down.

Also at this point we all know Ion's (and most likely the rest of Blizzard) perspective on the massive faction imbalance:

"The Horde is waiting for you."
05/25/2018 04:52 AMPosted by Shèryl
There was no reason to ever play alliance in the first place

Given what is going on for BfA this comment couldn't be more true. Unless you have some really good Alliance friends who refuse to go Horde or one crazy awesome Alliance guild there is no reason to stay Alliance in BfA.

lol what?
05/25/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Gavinn

Again, it was always a struggle to find good, committed recruits. Admittedly, it has gotten worse over the years, but that's not because of faction balance. That's more of a consequence of the direction the game went and the changing player base. The video focuses on top tier guilds, which do not speak for the majority of WoW. Sometimes you gotta come up for air.

It's gotten worse because of the imbalance.

Directly from the video...there are the same number of guilds transferring to Horde as their are top 100 Alliance guilds. If you don't find that statement staggering, idk what to tell you.
05/25/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Gavinn

Why are you talking about alliance raiding when you don’t even do lfr? You’re a microcosm of what’s wrong with the alliance, it’s becoming nothing but poorly geared ubercasuals who think the burning room is fine, while any alliance guild or player who wants to do stuff in this game past brain dead is struggling.
Alliance is quickly turning into a faction of Horde alts basically. Of course Horde players don't have a problem with that at all and are doing whatever they can to make sure everyone else doesn't realize this.

Tragically, Blizzard is falling for it.
So does this mean the Alliance will stop whining and crying about racials?

Since the video literally said racials aren't the problem right now anymore since they play such a tiny and small and typically insignificant role?
05/25/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Krothare

This was only true in WoD dude, Legion PvP has been Horde all the way down.

Also at this point we all know Ion's (and most likely the rest of Blizzard) perspective on the massive faction imbalance:

"The Horde is waiting for you."

Yep. It is the worst I have ever seen as far as their not caring who knows they are horde biased. It is actually bad enough at this point that it has me seriously considering just quitting the game for the first time in 12 years.
ohhhh i remember one day ... i mean 2 years....when EMFH was a thing and horde lost many pvp players to go alliance

maybe i've just been around too long
05/25/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Rahan

Since the video literally said racials aren't the problem right now anymore since they play such a tiny and small and typically insignificant role?

Even if Racials are totally even (they aren't btw Horde's are still better), that won't undo the damage already dealt. Nobody is going to spend $200 to transfer characters over to the side with no one playing if they don't get anything out of it.

Then again I don't know why I'm even trying here. We all know the Horde player's stance in this, "just let the Alliance playerbase die lmao." That's all they want, the whole game to themselves, even if it comes at the cost of the game staying alive.
05/25/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Krothare
05/25/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Rahan

Even if Racials are totally even (they aren't btw Horde's are still better), that won't undo the damage already dealt. Nobody is going to spend $200 to transfer characters over to the side with no one playing if they don't get anything out of it.

Then again I don't know why I'm even trying here. We all know the Horde player's stance in this, "just let the Alliance playerbase die lmao."

So what do you feel would be a solution to the problem?

Or do you just whine and cry and throw out over the top generalized statements?
05/25/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Rahan

Then again I don't know why I'm even trying here. We all know the Horde player's stance in this, "just let the Alliance playerbase die lmao."

A solution would be to incentivize players to play alliance.

They could buff the everliving !@#$ out of alliance racials but that honestly won’t help because then people would abandon horde en masse to alliance and we have the same problem on the other side.

The only real solution (and I don’t like it) that I can even think of that would be helpful is to make end level pve content (raiding/m+,etc) cross faction.

But with blizzard doubling down on horde vs alliance this expansion doubtful.

Fun fact: according to realmpop alliance still outnumber the horde at 110 characters.
-Buff Alliance racials to be as broken as Horde's were (probably the easiest, not preferred though too much of a risk of the pendulum swinging the other way)

-Offer more incentives to finish Alliance content (they started this with Titles, but that isn't nearly enough. We need something like Glad Mounts for Top 100 guilds or some special Transmog or something)

-Offer free transfers to Alliance (probably won't happened due to Blizzard liking money too much)

-Actually create an allied race that Alliance players want to play (I mean actual Alliance mains, not the alts of Horde trying to act like Fat Humans are good and cool)

-Merge factions for PvE content (I'd actually like this but Blizzard and the rest of the Horde won't shut about MUH WAR IN WARCRAFT so whatever)

We could also start by actually forcing Blizzard devs to play Alliance (THE HORROR!) and they might see how bad things are first hand.

Same could be said for horde.

And I have tried horde.
You realize the only broken horde racial in bfa will be troll right and even then it’s not as broken as people think it is

05/25/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Dalesong

Same could be said for horde.

And I have tried horde.

Inept do nothing leadership that always loses because “good is dumb”

Also alliance has worgen which are an abomination especially that monger greymane
05/25/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Rahan

To get people to come back you have to give them incentives. So, not unlike the honor buff for alliance bgs, the alliance gets pve perks: free reroll coins, greater chance at Xforging, bonuses to xp and rep, stuff like that.

That’s really the only solution at this point.
05/25/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Krothare
-Buff Alliance racials to be as broken as Horde's were (probably the easiest, not preferred though too much of a risk of the pendulum swinging the other way)

-Offer more incentives to finish Alliance content (they started this with Titles, but that isn't nearly enough. We need something like Glad Mounts for Top 100 guilds or some special Transmog or something)

-Offer free transfers to Alliance (probably won't happened due to Blizzard liking money too much)

-Actually create an allied race that Alliance players want to play (I mean actual Alliance mains, not the alts of Horde trying to act like Fat Humans are good and cool)

So your first suggestion is to break the game as bad as it was that created the problem? Yeah. No.

I can get behind better top tier rewards and free transfers to Alliance. I think any realm with a lop sided population should be able to offer free faction changes to the outnumbered side.

The allied race one is tricky, since its extremely subjective. For example, I have had zero inclination to play any Horde ARs. The only AR the Alliance seems to want is High Elves, and that would be stupid to implement. Anything else and the Alliance pretends like its not worth it. This mentality needs to go. There are other great options available other than High Elves. By putting all your eggs in the High Elven basket, and whining about anything else will make for a depressing experience.