BfA Megathread 8 (SPOILERS!)

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
Copying my character over beta reminded me of one thing.

I need to go and record a log of all the transmog I have unlocked as of now, before 8.0 hits in the event that for some reason the Wardrobe malfunctions again and I lose transmogs pieces I know I had.

I had this issue with the Warsong set which I had completed, but for some reason the shoulder pieces unlearned themselves after I sold them, and contacting a GM about it I just got told they have no record of me every having them.
To be fair, go back to Black Temple. The Naaru were the ones pushing that offensive despite the fact Illidan really wasn't doing anything. Yeah his Illidari were being menaces, the Naga were stealing the few remaining bits of water on a shattered world, and Kael'thas and the Sunfury left the reservation, but Illidan's only real crime in Outland was being a really bad manager.

We kinda got suckered into believing Illidan was ultimately the one responsible for everything, all based on the word of a giant wind chime.

The Naaru just play to people's better natures to do their dirty work.

Did you forget about Illidan enslaving the Broken and having his demonic cronies kill those that resisted? There was other stuff as well, on top of the fact that everything the naga/blood elves did was in the name of Illidan. It's not like he shunned them or denied they represented him in their actions.

This was also when the Naaru were stated to be objectively, totally Big Good, so reducing it to "yeah Illidan was minding his own business" is some very hard pulling, the kind that Blizzard would be proud of.
06/08/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Baenura
Did you forget about Illidan enslaving the Broken and having his demonic cronies kill those that resisted? There was other stuff as well, on top of the fact that everything the naga/blood elves did was in the name of Illidan. It's not like he shunned them or denied they represented him in their actions.

This was also when the Naaru were stated to be objectively, totally Big Good, so reducing it to "yeah Illidan was minding his own business" is some very hard pulling, the kind that Blizzard would be proud of.
If you had told me at the time that it was current content that the two most compelling reasons we were invading black temple was because Illidan had enslaved the broken and caused environmental damage I, and most of the people I raided with back then, would have burst out laughing.
Didn't Kiljaeden frame Illidan for the attempted attack on Shattrath?

I thought in the book A'dal wasn't interested in attacking Illidan until after that.
06/08/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Saehri

I thought in the book A'dal wasn't interested in attacking Illidan until after that.
Kil'jaeden basically used us to take out Illidan from the start. He knew that the portal opening and demons coming out would lead us into Outland, and then we'd see Illidan and go "AHA! It was you!" And nobody asked any questions, all of BC, so it worked.
06/08/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Zenrao
06/08/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Saehri

Kil'jaeden basically used us to take out Illidan from the start. He knew that the portal opening and demons coming out would lead us into Outland, and then we'd see Illidan and go "AHA! It was you!" And nobody asked any questions, all of BC, so it worked.

Pretty much this!
06/08/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Zenrao
nobody asked any questions

The entire history of Warcraft in four words.
Ah, so it was less "A'dal and the Naaru are all evil manipulators" and more "A'dal and everyone around him including us were too stupid to question literally anything"
06/08/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Conjurus

...ayyup.

Also the entire show Steven Universe.

Until he actually asked questions last episode.

Threw us for a loop. Woo.
06/08/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Pärker

Also the entire show Steven Universe.

Until he actually asked questions last episode.

Threw us for a loop. Woo.

"WhaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAT?!?"
Draenei... eredar... so willing to bend the knee. So prone to corruption.

wait, no, wait wait wait

is this from an orc?
06/08/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Conjurus
is this from an orc?

Apparently so. But is it from an Orc? If so ...*starts to tremble violently.*
apparently Arathi gets updated at 120 with unlocked Warfronts. Though Hammerfall is using the garrison wood structures. Stromgarde looks amazing

wait, no, wait wait wait

is this from an orc?

This is why I loathe this scenario. Not only is it from an Orc. It's from an orc that has Grommash "I <3 Genocide" Hellscream as its Warchief.
"Ah, Battle for Azeroth. Awesome. I'm getting tired of being a Garrison Commander, and then the leader of my class. I'm excited to going back to being an adventurer or a soldier once more."

"I may be her Speaker, but you... you are her champion."

mfw I am now Captain Planet.
06/08/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Arm
"Ah, Battle for Azeroth. Awesome. I'm getting tired of being a Garrison Commander, and then the leader of my class. I'm excited to going back to being an adventurer or a soldier once more."

"I may be her Speaker, but you... you are her champion."

mfw I am now Captain Planet.

Which makes Sylvanas Dr. Blight?

EDIT: and now I'm picturing Magni, Thrall, LF Calia, Baine, and Anduin doing the planeteer rap
06/07/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Haylan

Does it bother anyone else that Elves going into battle half naked still? And practically barefoot?

Does it bother you when Orcs do it? Or Trolls? Or Tauren? Or Blood Elves? Or 50% of the other humanoids out in Azeroth do it?

wait, no, wait wait wait

is this from an orc?

why is blizz like this
wait, no, wait wait wait

is this from an orc?

why is blizz like this

The thing is, I'm fairly certain Blizzard is doing this knowingly, injecting deliberate ignorance to facilitate conflict between particular groups, and like the powder keg that was World War I, dragging everyone down with them. I do not believe this statement reflects the assessment of developers regarding the draenei.

However, it worries me all the same because I know players will, if they aren't already, eating it up and proclaiming it as veritable proof the draenei were monsters all along.