Emissary Caches

General Discussion
Emissary Caches were added in patch 7.2, which launched over a year ago. Like most, I was excited by the mounts, and the incentive to continue casually grinding reputation with the factions.

As of today, I have still not received a single mount from any of the caches— including the mount I specifically farmed world quests for an extended period.

With the impending launch of BFA, I fear these mounts will be practically (or actually?) unobtainable, or require an otherwise inordinate amount of time investment in old content with no guarantee of success. Unlike almost every other mount in the game— where you reach a certain reputation level, get lucky on a kill, or meet a specific achievement/objective— the open-ended nature of these caches make working towards these mounts seem like a fools errand. Go run an old raid for low drop chance once a week? Sure. Farm 10k rep for an outdated faction and cross my fingers on a cache? Give me a break...

Even the infinite timereaver mount is less frustrating, because I know there is always a chance on every kill (rather than every 10k rep), and timewalking will still be current/relevant for the foreseeable future.

In conclusion, I think Blizzard should maintain the old model of earning Exalted with a faction, then purchasing the mount, or even doing some type of quest line/challenge. The RNG nature is frustrating— especially when tied to a 10k reputation grind— and I’m sure I’m not the only person who, over a year later, is still hoping to at least get one of these mounts before the next xpac.
they're not being removed.
How many would you say you have received. I have received like 4 total for each rep and have two mounts. I'm not sure how rare they are, but it is not something anyone will be doing in bfa and it should be heavily buffed or put on a vendor.

Agreed for sure. Random rewards are great to elongate content pathways but that time is over.
Not quite as bad off as you but only seen one myself. Hundreds of boxes later. It's really disheartening.
They'll be just as attainable as they are now. Nothing will change in BFA in regards to them.
Blizzard thinks that if they give you what you want you'll stop playing. don't count on it anytime soon.
I have all but the Valajar. Very casual.. I have an extra moose and eagle.
They really should be put on the rep vendors.
06/20/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Metrohaha
How many would you say you have received. I have received like 4 total for each rep and have two mounts.

Conservative estimate would be 10-15 per faction, probably closer to 20 for some.

I understand they won’t be “removed”, but will the world quests exist to grind the reputation? Or the daily emissaries? If not, it’s effectively the same as retiring them.
I also have yet to get any of the mounts from the emissary caches. It gets sadder each time I open them and its not there. Given up at this point, taking a break until bfa.
I've grinded millions of extra rep. Missing 3 mounts and a toy. GJ blizzard really appreciate it.
06/20/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Gilgaland
will the world quests exist to grind the reputation? Or the daily emissaries?

Yes & yes
These are just bonus rewards and people are treating it like a they deserve to get them. They literally put it so that reps are not redundant after being exalted and thats all.
I only got the green unicorn thing from Val'sharah. Luckily, I got it 3 times.
I didn't even know mounts dropped from those things until this thread.. hehehehe

I've only got half of one of the factions to grind still.. I doubt I'll start regrinding for the mounts..
They were just not meant to be for me I guess..
06/20/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Soulshox
These are just bonus rewards and people are treating it like a they deserve to get them. They literally put it so that reps are not redundant after being exalted and thats all.

I get this. I don't really care for any of them except the stormdrake one. I've never never really grinded any of the rep, just do my world quests and mission board for rep tokens. I kind of just want at least one though as a little momento from the expansion.

Does anyone know what the drop rates are? I reckon ive opend around 50 odd across all reps.
Well then, it sounds like I should count myself lucky for having all of them. I think. I need to double check the army of the light ones. Don't they have multiple elekks available? Anyway, I love the emissary cache system. It gave me a goal and reason to keep doing world quests a lot longer than I otherwise would have.
06/20/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Vitserk
Does anyone know what the drop rates are? I reckon ive opend around 50 odd across all reps.

Officially 5% per paragon box.

06/20/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Magnarok
Don't they have multiple elekks available
3 and a toy. I did not even know about the toy till I got it like 6 months after the last mount.

BFA has paragons but no mounts from paragons.
06/20/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Deathchix
they're not being removed.

I'll be honest every time I read a reply from you I first think of your toon saying:

"Sigh.....really? Do I have to reply to.....this? Fine. It will cost double."

And then I read your post. :D
I've opened up dozens of caches and have exactly 0 mounts from them. It's a problem with the horrible RNG that's been shoved in Legion from every possible direction.

Sure, some of you are lucky. My hubby was lucky, he's gotten probably less than 7 caches total and has a mount. Me, I'm not lucky :(

I don't mind rare drops from bosses, I still don't have Invincible, Ashes, or the Love Rocket.

I don't mind long awful grinds (I have Hydraxian Warlords, I've changed Aldor/Scryer reps, I've done a lot of them) if I have a guaranteed result at the end.

But I hate the Paragon Cache model of endless (for many of us) grinding with no results.