Which healer to back you up?

Classic Discussion
If its a guildie that I know can play.
Shaman all day.
If its a pug group
Priest
the one who doesnt shield and prehot me 0,01 seconds after I pull a pack at max range with my bow

bonus points for blowing a large crit heal into that warlock who JUST HAD to spam lifetap down to 1 HP DURING the pull instead of the 15 seconds while everyone was drinking
06/19/2018 12:03 PMPosted by KharisAC430D
Pretend you are a tank doing LBRS or Scholo for the first time, your moderately geared for the dungeon.

What healer do you take? which class do you always have just a little more confidence in when you grab a pug?
Is there any particular reason you chose LBRS and Scholo for this example?

Will you be playing the role of the tank or the healer?
06/20/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Cq
06/19/2018 12:03 PMPosted by KharisAC430D
Pretend you are a tank doing LBRS or Scholo for the first time, your moderately geared for the dungeon.

What healer do you take? which class do you always have just a little more confidence in when you grab a pug?
Is there any particular reason you chose LBRS and Scholo for this example?

Will you be playing the role of the tank or the healer?

Well those were generally considered the hardest 5 mans at release.

And he said "you are a tank"...
As someone who tanked in Classic, I never had a preference on healing class. I knew a healthy mix of priests, pallies, and druids who were all awesome healers and cool people. I don't remember ever thinking "we can't do this with a pally, better boot him for a priest"

That said, I didn't raid in Classic aside from the occasional Onyxia pug or downing the first few bosses in ZG. It was mostly dungeons and battlegrounds for me. I'm sure class composition probably mattered more if you were managing a 40-man raid, especially if it was one of those deals where some specific race/class combination (like dwarf priests for fear ward) could make your life easier.
I cant wait to play priest and have people totally ignore the lightwell again then QQ when they die.
06/21/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Tinytriage
I cant wait to play priest and have people totally ignore the lightwell again then QQ when they die.

Why would you spec lightwell in the first place? 21-26/30-25 (choose whether you want the mana or the +healing) is much better since you know that, as you said, people are going to totally ignore the lightwell (not to mention the vanilla lolwell earned the name fairly with how terribad it was)...
The only one on the server that wants to do LBRS at 2am ST after two hours of recruitment. 'Tis our real destiny!
Priest probably. But if the player is good any will do.