What is the race of Auriel?

General Discussion
I want to know. Spirit guardians are a race? I mean the Angels of the Gys.
Are you in the wrong forum? Auriel in HOTS is from Diablo 3.
Auriel is actually a Diablo character but she does have a Spirit Healer skin in Heroes of the Storm as a tribute to the Spirit Healers in Alterac Valley since it is a Warcraft themed Battleground/event they're doing at the moment.

I wouldn't consider the Spirit Healers a race since they're referred to as angelic beings who reside in the spirit world.
high elf.
I seem to recall something about them being related to the Val'kyr in some fashion.

Perhaps they are unaffiliated Val'kyr, not working for Odyn, Helya or the Lich King. (or Sylvanas)
Well they can be any race, I remember tauren in Wintergrasp. The standard one is apparently val'kyr.
Good topic. Season 14 started a few days ago.
Spirit Healers are Val’kyr who left Odyn but didn’t want to chill with Helya either. Chronicle Vol. 1

But Auriel is an angel From Diablo with a spirit healer skin for the Echoes of Alterac event.
It makes me sad that everyone is saying "Auriel's a diablo character lol" without anyone mentioning Auriel from the Elder Scrolls. I cri
06/19/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Ythisens
Auriel is actually a Diablo character but she does have a Spirit Healer skin in Heroes of the Storm as a tribute to the Spirit Healers in Alterac Valley since it is a Warcraft themed Battleground/event they're doing at the moment.

I wouldn't consider the Spirit Healers a race since they're referred to as angelic beings who reside in the spirit world.

Per Chronicle Vol 1 Spirit Healers are Val'kyr who decided they didn't want to follow Odyn or Helya. They just wanted to help people.

So technically they are Vrykul.
06/19/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Ythisens

Isn't "angelic beings residing in the spirit world" the start of a racial description? I mean there are multiple, they like to hang out somewhere, they have a particular look, it's obviously a grouping of some kind.

06/19/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Mortis
Per Chronicle Vol 1 Spirit Healers are Val'kyr who decided they didn't want to follow Odyn or Helya. They just wanted to help people.

oh well there you go then.
OK that was in Chronicle 1. I wasn't sure the source but I own all three Chronicle books in hardcover.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned the source.
06/19/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Mortis
So technically they are Vrykul.

This raises an interesting question -- can only Vrykul shieldmaidens ascend to become val'kyr, or is it possible for other races to do so too?

If I remember my lore correctly, it's heavily implied that at least humans can also ascend to become val'kyr under the right circumstances. Namely, the lesser val'kyr that Sylvanas has, starting in Cataclysm, under her command. It was heavily implied, if not outright stated, that the, er, "greater" val'kyr could create those lesser val'kyr, albeit they had somewhat reduced powers.

I wonder how much of that follows through to the valarjar and unaligned val'kyr, as opposed to being something unique to the Scourge-aligned val'kyr.