Bear Tartare heavily nerfed on BFA

General Discussion
For those of you who do not know, Bear Tartare was a food consumable in legion that gave speed when you killed an enemy, and was very cheap. Bear Tartare gave the user 70% movement speed for 5 seconds at the time of an enemy dieing.

I did a character copy of someone who actually had the bear tartare buff, and recieved 250 flat speed at level 110. I do not know if this scales, but at the current level 250 speed is only 18.50% movement speed. If this does not scale, this will possibly be even lower due to how stats will squish.

This is a MASSIVE nerf, and at the moment, I do not see an item that replaces it in Battle for Azeroth. I think this is something that is actually a very big deal, and has not been mentioned in any post I have seen so far. I would like to hear what you guys think about this, as this was a MASSIVE quality of life boost for me in not only transmog runs, but also doing alot of content as someone who primarily plays immobile classes such as warlocks.
Blizzard generally nerfs things from previous xpacks to make way for new things. Expecting an old food buff to be as useful in the new xpack just is not realistic, even if there isn't a new speed food buff to replace it.
They'll probably nerf some Alchemy potions too, the 1hr stat bonuses are pretty good compared to the (now scaled) base stats.
Unless they come up with a BfA equivalent this is bunk.
Food with this OP effect shouldn't exist in the first place. The speed bonus should only apply to mobs that exist within the xp range of the player (~10 levels).
06/21/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Mudvayne
Food with this OP effect shouldn't exist in the first place. The speed bonus should only apply to mobs that exist within the xp range of the player (~10 levels).

Yeah because a what, 5 second speed boost, that's totally overpowered in old content.
Its just like getting high bro after eating too many times its no longer effective

We need a more potent substance :)
Hopefully there is something that replaces it in BfA... =[
Yeah. This food was
A
M
A
Z
I
N
G
for previous expansion / mog runs.
You were completing their content too fast.
06/20/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Lorsaire
Blizzard generally nerfs things from previous xpacks to make way for new things. Expecting an old food buff to be as useful in the new xpack just is not realistic, even if there isn't a new speed food buff to replace it.

This.

It happens in just about every expansion sooner or later. If it didn't happen now it would have afterwards after they found out people were still using it at a level it wasn't in, much like they did with Aviana's Feather in WoD.
Did fighter chow get nerfed too?
My thoughts? I really don’t care.
I wish they would stop screwing with things.
I liked it for farming old raids, hoping they have an equivalent in the new content.
This is a serious issue!

Guys, Im feeling this should be listed in the official "Slapped in the face/kicked in the nads" thread.

:-D)))
Pointless change just to slow down older content.
I do think they should let it work as it currently does when flagged for legacy loot mode, at least at level 110. I can see their reasoning for not having it in new content, but why old content? You can still only do ten instances an hour. Hitting that cap faster just means you can do more fun stuff elsewhere.

Please show me the replacements for the Findle's Loot-A-Rang and the Potion of Luck because I'm not aware of what the new ones were for Legion.
06/25/2018 03:28 AMPosted by Talacocheta

Please show me the replacements for the Findle's Loot-A-Rang and the Potion of Luck because I'm not aware of what the new ones were for Legion.

Stop being duplicitous. One or two items out of hundreds remaining useful doesn't negate the point.