HCT LXVI Less Stable Slots NOW!

Hunter
Prev 1 22 23 24 Next
Well I made delicious grilled Gouda and pear with butter-sautéed spinach sandwiches on French bread the other day.

Was a subtle yet complex flavor.
9/10

Anyone want the recipe?
Just give it because you know the answer Yjj.
Ingredients...
- Four (4) slices of French bread of a decent size to make sandwiches with
- One (1) pear of your choice (I went with Bartlett, but I'd recommend Bosc)
- Four (4) slices of Gouda cheese
- Four (4) slices of American cheese (but if you're not a pleb like me, you can opt for eight (8) slices of Gouda instead)
- Mayonnaise
- Two (2) cups of finely chopped spinach
- Two (2) separate tbsp of butter
- One (1) minced clove of garlic
- One (1) tsp of kosher salt

Okay, begin by heating two (2) pans (or one if you opt for a panini press for the actual grilling of the sandwhich) to a medium low heat while you skin and slice your pear into thin, quarter-inch slices, removing seeds stems, etc. Once sliced, in one of your pans, lightly brown your butter and garlic and then evenly place your pear slices evenly in the pan for a few minutes until they begin to caramelize. Once a decent browning has occurred, flip your slices with a fork or tongs and then layer your chopped spinach over it to cook down uncovered. Sprinkle in your salt and occasionally slide around the contents as it cooks, trying not to flip the pears.

While this is cooking, prepare your bread slices by spreading a thin but covering layer of mayo on what will be the external sides of the bread for the sandwiches. Mise en place by placing the bread with the mayo sides together, forming two stacks, as you lay out half of the cheese on the exposed sides. By the time you spinach is finished, gently place the halves with the cheese, mayo down, on the pan and gently place pear slices some spinach with tongs, the other half of the cheese, and finally the other piece of bread on top, mayo side up. If using a panini press, just cook until golden. If using a pan, as the cheese begins to melt enough the sandwich isn’t sliding around too much, gently and carefully flip each and repeat until golden on both sides.

Once finished, cut each sandwich in half, plate and eat with your favorite chips. Enjoy!
First I lose three friends to illness, and now my sewer's backing up again and the wax seal on the bottom toilet's broke leaking sewage onto my floor. FML
I'm sorry to hear that, man. I wish I could help somehow.
11/09/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Yjjial
I'm sorry to hear that, man. I wish I could help somehow.
Thanks
I want more agility 2h swords and 2haxes and more strength polearms.
Same.

Also playing DnD with some folks rn. Playing a sociopath Gnome Warlock (Not psychopathic, but just lacking any empathy).

"Spending his apprenticeship in an arcane library in Neverwinter, his curiosity bested him when he came across a book bound in a dark leather with no title. Upon opening it, it bore no text save for the words "You will suffice." on the first page he opened to. Every other page had no text and shortly after opening the text, he grew faint and sat in a chair to rest.

As he rested he experienced a short dream that told him that Fredwill Bangfizzle will bring about "their coming" as he floated amidst the cosmos. When he awoke the book was gone and a whisper to "gather your things and depart" came to him periodically... after a week he heeded this whisper. The following dreams each came with their own cryptic instructions, but following these instructions has eventually led him to the party he has joined today."

Additionally, for roleplay purposes, the DM granted me an amulet to use as a spell focus at character creation and I doodled up a sketch for it.

https://imgur.com/a/q6pVwzj
The campaign itself is taking place on an island with heavy lovecraft influence, too.
11/10/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Yjjial
Additionally, for roleplay purposes, the DM granted me an amulet to use as a spell focus at character creation and I doodled up a sketch for it.

https://imgur.com/a/q6pVwzj
Great artwork.
I'm still rebuilding a set of novels I wrote decades (yes more than one decade) ago. In western Arkansas is a mountain called Mt. Magazine. There used to be settlements on it's peak (1) including a spring and several lakes. You have a groups meeting there and an coming war with an evil army coming. It's swords and magic with modern technology, guns, bombs, drones, cowboys, knights, wizards, empires, republics, the unexplored.

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Magazine
So, there's going to be a new forum.
New forum - why?

Been working on this mage slowly but surely. It’s a lot less mobile than my MM, but the RNG proc is far more satisfying. Not sure I like it just yet, waiting for all the talents to manifest before I pass judgement, but I do like the WM effects, especially the one that gives her a chance to root her target with Frostbolt.

Normally, I wouldn’t even think about touching a mage: I’ve been a hunter main for like ten years now, but the way MM is shaping up isn’t exactly rewarding to me right now. Well, that and heritage armor - gotta get that heritage armor.
Well, it cost me 110K gold, but finally got the Mythic T20 boots. Now to wait til the BMAH coughs up the T3 belt...
11/12/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Rannoch
New forum - why?
no clue.
I just want today over with.
11/10/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Whim
I'm still rebuilding a set of novels I wrote decades (yes more than one decade) ago. In western Arkansas is a mountain called Mt. Magazine. There used to be settlements on it's peak (1) including a spring and several lakes. You have a groups meeting there and an coming war with an evil army coming. It's swords and magic with modern technology, guns, bombs, drones, cowboys, knights, wizards, empires, republics, the unexplored.

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Magazine
Sounds like it gives off a World of Darkness Tabletop vibe.

11/12/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Whim
New Forum info here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

Link seems to be busted rn thanks to maintenance.
11/12/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Kabbie
Well, it cost me 110K gold, but finally got the Mythic T20 boots. Now to wait til the BMAH coughs up the T3 belt...
I wish more of the tiers looked good on a Dwarf. Far too many hide beards or just look strange on them. That said, I absolutely LOVE the elite set for this pvp season.
So that cool armor that the Nelves have in Darkshore won't even be the racial set. The frig frack, Blizz, that -is- their war clothes. You gonna make some bulky monstrosity that no nelf would ever bother wearing? Are Trolls gonna get shoulder cannons and shoes, too?

Rabble rabble rabble.