How much would you pay $?

Classic Discussion
06/20/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Vhok
people used to pay YOU to play beta's and test their games.

People used to actually test the games as well, not just use the beta as early access. What percentage of WoW beta testers do you think submit a single bug report or give any feedback other than "buff me, nerf the class that counters me, the class I counter is fine?" Single digits? Low double digits, perhaps?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to turn back the clock but this part of the gaming industry and culture has changed. Developers don't have the same expectations of beta testers, so beta testers shouldn't have the same expectations of developers. There are real professional software testers and what they do is nothing at all like what we do when we log into a beta. They're the ones who get paid.
Never paid for an Alpha or Beta invite, if the Devs need me I am there, but I won´t bribe them into taking me.

1.12. sounds very dangerous to me, so I am not sure if I would pay for the Vanilla release. 1.1. without a doubt, but so...
I'd pay $0. And if I got in I probably still wouldn't play. I don't want to waste time on a character that's going to get wiped. That's half the reason I want to play classic in the first place; so the work I put into my character doesn't go to waste.
I've never been big on alpha/beta stuff. I'd fire it up just to screw around if I got invited for free, but I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
You shouldn't have to pay just to test a game. That's just dumb.
I want classic servers to be as fresh as possible so I've cut my self off from Psevers. Didn't play them too much to begin with anyway because of a lack of security. So I wouldn't accept a beta inv if I got one. I want to try and forget as many things as possible before classic launches. Say, anyone know how I can get in contact with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones?
Well, seeing that they are using 1.12 as a jumping board I would suspect there may not be a beta needed. From the first go around I heard lighting effects and a couple of models were altered by that’s about it from beta. It would seem that most issues that could arise this time around could be addressed in patches.

I am willing to spend money on Collectors Edition if offered this time around, but I would rather skip any alpha or beta testing. If any is actually offered to the public, I don’t think it would really lead to anything groundbreaking anyway.
All these ppl would jump on the Hype train if Alpha or Beta got released.
06/21/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Solarangel
All these ppl would jump on the Hype train if Alpha or Beta got released.

I've been riding the hype train since classic was announced at BlizzCon. But I don't care about alpha or beta other than the fact that they imply the release date is getting closer.
I'd never pay anything to play Alpha/Beta versions of any game.
alphas and betas usually are not even fun. some people like them to get a heads up on whats coming, but the game itself sucks at that point

pay money to have a bunch of crashes and broken things get in the way? ill pass
It's 2018.... most games require $ for you to play beta. It's just how it is.
I don't care much about characters getting wiped and all that. I wouldn't pay to be in alpha/beta. Actually because the beta for a project like this would really be more of a bug hunt than testing mechanics I haven't seen yet then I would expect to be paid for that kind of work. Ever tried to replicate a bug you or someone else found by accident and can't immediately replicate? It can be a royal pain.

06/21/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Solarangel
Most betas these days are also glorified demos.
Call me an ancient developer, but I think the alpha and beta testing should be for TESTING not MaRkEtInG!
06/21/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Solarangel

Kickstarter developers ya. I mean look at Star Citizen what a racket, it's a joke! AAA developers don't do this.
Nothing, in fact you would have to pay me to play the game.

I am not going to level a toon just to have to level it all over again.

I only can handle the leveling process once.
Zero dollars. Already paid for the game once. Not doing it again.