Just bring back lock metamorphosis...

Warlock
Even Kanrethad still uses it when you have him as an combat ally. Just stings watching him use it. As a mechanic I'm not sure but even if it was a visual thing that procs when you summon a set amount of demons would be awesome, or after you cast demonbolt
06/20/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Xerash
Metamorphosis originally belonged to the Demon Hunter. The ability is back with its rightful owner.

Demon Hunter didn't exist as a class when Warlocks had Metamorphosis.

Unless you're talking about WC3 Demon Hunters, which is pretty dumb because by the same logic Warlocks should be getting Bloodlust, and Rogues should get Blink.
06/22/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Thillaroby
06/20/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Xerash
Metamorphosis originally belonged to the Demon Hunter. The ability is back with its rightful owner.

Unless you're talking about WC3 Demon Hunters, which is pretty dumb because by the same logic Warlocks should be getting Bloodlust, and Rogues should get Blink.

The really short story: They wanted to put Demon Hunter on TBC, but didn't find a context to add DH on that expansion, then they decided to put Metamorphosis (a DH ability) on Warlocks, on WotLK, and see if we would enjoy or not, we enjoyed, then Legion arrived and they found a context to add DH, they took Meta away from Locks and gave it back to DH, the end.

If you notice that every model of Metamorphosis is the model of Illidan, and Illidan is a Demon Hunter, not a Warlock.
06/19/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Ruscur
It's the quintessential ability of another class. We're never getting it back.

False
06/26/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Occultoth
06/22/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Thillaroby

The really short story: They wanted to put Demon Hunter on TBC, but didn't find a context to add DH on that expansion, then they decided to put Metamorphosis (a DH ability) on Warlocks, on WotLK, and see if we would enjoy or not, we enjoyed, then Legion arrived and they found a context to add DH, they took Meta away from Locks and gave it back to DH, the end.

If you notice that every model of Metamorphosis is the model of Illidan, and Illidan is a Demon Hunter, not a Warlock.

Illidan was originally a warlock, noob.

Learn the lore, baddie.
06/27/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Meará
[Citation Needed]

just replace illidan model to dreadlord model

I fine with glyph or exclusive class toy, the new domonology apear fun to me.
Look, I loved the old Meta Demo. Demonic leap and glyph of the falling meteor were some of the most fun things in this game. But let us all be honest with ourselves here: We aren't getting it back! Keep the hope alive if you must, but be realistic. It simply won't happen.

Learn the lore, baddie.

Illidan was originally a sorcerer.

Learn the lore, my friend. Accept Nobbel87 in as your lord and saviour... And read War of the Ancients ;)
Look everyone, the Official Hot Take back then was that Legion meant that Warlocks got two new specs: melee and tank.
I never liked it and rarely ever used it. I don't miss it at all.
06/27/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Bubbleswörth

Learn the lore, baddie.

Illidan was originally a sorcerer.

Learn the lore, my friend. Accept Nobbel87 in as your lord and saviour... And read War of the Ancients ;)

Ah, yeah, a sorcerer. I just remember, something I forgot, that quest line on Blackrook Hold on Legion.

But Metamorphosis wasn't an ability used that time, just when he got into demonic form, he became a DH and develop Metamorphosis.
06/27/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Kenthazar

By the new quality of product that Blizzard has been developed, I doubt they would simply put a normal demon form (Dreadlords for male characters and that Spider woman demon for female characters, for example) as a Metamorphosis aspect. They would need to make, for every race, a distinct aesthetic for Meta, and this brings questions like 'How an Undead demon would look like'. For races like Blood Elves would be simple as they would just copy and paste from DH and removing tatoos (that's "easy"), but this brings another question like 'How would a Gnome demon would it be'.
06/27/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Baalsamael
Look everyone, the Official Hot Take back then was that Legion meant that Warlocks got two new specs: melee and tank.

That moto: "If you want to play with Metamorphosis, then play Demon Hunter". LOL
06/27/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Occultoth
06/27/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Kenthazar

By the new quality of product that Blizzard has been developed, I doubt they would simply put a normal demon form (Dreadlords for male characters and that Spider woman demon for female characters, for example) as a Metamorphosis aspect. They would need to make, for every race, a distinct aesthetic for Meta, and this brings questions like 'How an Undead demon would look like'. For races like Blood Elves would be simple as they would just copy and paste from DH and removing tatoos (that's "easy"), but this brings another question like 'How would a Gnome demon would it be'.

simple... Master of imps... Same for goblins.

Yes demonform depending your race kkkk
Orc/human somthing like felguard
Undead/darkiron? inquisitors
Blood elf/voidelf succubus/incubus
Nightborn/dwarfs? shivarras/male shivarras?
Goblins/gnome Imps

Kkkk
Let's not forget how illidan turned into a demon. By consuming the Skull of GUL'DAN a WARLOCK.

AND let's not forget that Gul'dan had an empowered demonic form during his fight.

I actually love the new demonology but I think our personal damage cooldown should empower us into a new form so we can get crazy summons like dreadlords, terrorguards, maybe even a 10 minute cd pitlord.
06/28/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Necrobliight
Let's not forget how illidan turned into a demon. By consuming the Skull of GUL'DAN a WARLOCK.

AND let's not forget that Gul'dan had an empowered demonic form during his fight.

I actually love the new demonology but I think our personal damage cooldown should empower us into a new form so we can get crazy summons like dreadlords, terrorguards, maybe even a 10 minute cd pitlord.

Illidan got his demon form by consuming most of the fel energy from the Skull of Gul'dan, true. But we musn't forget that that's the whole thing with Demon Hunters; they look the way they do because they consume the souls of demons, which are in turn pure fel.

Warlocks don't consume fel energies anymore. It's not what we're about. We read tomes with secret spells and incantations, it's just a biproduct of being books from demons that they're fel tomes.

Ever since Mists, I like to think, Warlocks have taken Kanrethad as a warning. Don't infuse yourself with fel power because you become a demon yourself, losing sight of the mission and being at risk of becoming someone else's puppet, be it the Legion or another Warlock. I know I wouldn't want that; I'd want all the power for myself.
06/28/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Bubbleswörth
Ever since Mists, I like to think, Warlocks have taken Kanrethad as a warning. Don't infuse yourself with fel power because you become a demon yourself, losing sight of the mission and being at risk of becoming someone else's puppet, be it the Legion or another Warlock. I know I wouldn't want that; I'd want all the power for myself.

I like this interpretation. It makes it sting less when I see him go Meta while questing.

I actually miss Dark Apotheosis and the glyph of the falling meteor more than I miss Meta, tbh.
For as much as I want to see meta to be brought back to demo locks. I must admit, the new changes in BFA has really compensated for the loss.

I mean lets be real here, would you rather be a demon? Or summon an ARMY of demons? (This time it's legit in BFA.)
06/27/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Occultoth
06/27/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Baalsamael

That moto: "If you want to play with Metamorphosis, then play Demon Hunter". LOL

I mean that's the tea. With this mentality in mind I'm happy:

Demonology = now perfect Summoner Warlock spec
Affliction = shadow/death magic combo warlock
Destruction = either fire magic (you can headcanon was whatever type of fire) or SUPER FEL CHAOS OVERLOAD
DH Havoc = Metamorphosis melee warlock
DH Vengeave = Metamorphosis tank warlock

Now if only Warlocks got glyphs to theme our Demonology spells into say, Undead Summons or Void Summons or even just other demons. We've long asked for Demonic Enslavement to serve as Hunter's Tame.