For Those Not Buying BfA, but Staying Subb'd

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
06/28/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Dellexi
06/28/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Sillidan

oh yay, useless internet points from farming trivial old content
To each their own, edgy elf.

thank you, i am clearly entitled to my opinion. thats why i said it
BfA brings a lot of fun content. The zones are great, the story is playing out well, and some new additions like Warfronts and Island Expeditions look good. The new dungeons are a nice fresh experience while keeping that nice "comfy clothes" feeling we know.

The reason you most likely dislike BfA,** Class design, is coming to everyone, expansion or not.

So with that in mind, if you don't buy BfA, you'll get what you are revolted by, the classes, but you won't get all the nice content that is really enjoyable to offset it.

Keep that in mind when you decide to "stay subbed, but not buy BfA".

If Blizzard puts it all in and it is as you say.
Just remember that Beta is very fluid, and we've all been had before.

**And quit telling us what you think we like; its obnoxious.
06/28/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Hamstar
What do you plan on doing if you are stuck at 110 content?

What we do every night, Pinky...
06/28/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Anareiel
06/28/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Hamstar
What do you plan on doing if you are stuck at 110 content?

What we do every night, Pinky...
Train our Gorian slave girls!
06/28/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Anareiel
BfA brings a lot of fun content. The zones are great, the story is playing out well, and some new additions like Warfronts and Island Expeditions look good. The new dungeons are a nice fresh experience while keeping that nice "comfy clothes" feeling we know.

The reason you most likely dislike BfA,** Class design, is coming to everyone, expansion or not.

So with that in mind, if you don't buy BfA, you'll get what you are revolted by, the classes, but you won't get all the nice content that is really enjoyable to offset it.

Keep that in mind when you decide to "stay subbed, but not buy BfA".

Just remember that Beta is vert fluid, and we've all been had before.

Beta is not so fluid that major centerpiece features like warfronts and islands are going to get entirely scrapped or reworked less than 2 months out from release. Game Dev simply does not move fast enough for that.
06/28/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Rastlin
06/28/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Innisna
Boycott BFA!

It is a slap in the face we will not have flying for probably a year not to mention the other terrible decisions (warmode) they have made.

Yes. A terrible, completely optional decision they made.
Sadly, WOD was the last expansion I purchased because of Pathfinder. I'm still subscribed and playing but not as much as I use to...
/walks away with head down
06/28/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Innisna
I always wonder why and how an elf became the Queen of Lordaeron without marriage. It must be through conquest as an banshee for the Scourge, even though the Scourge technically lost the war.

Now that is one of Warcraft's best stories, and it's why Sylvanas was one of my favorite characters until, well, now, actually. I'm very sad that Blizzard is taking her from "morally gray" to "full-on evil". I preferred her as the bad-azz who didn't give a blip about what people thought-- not Ms. She-Stalin.
06/28/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Garbagepanda
I’m not sure why you don’t like the new changes.

Perhaps because they:

ARE

NOT

YOU?

I don't understand how this is so hard for folks to fathom. Because you play a certain way or because you like certain features or don't like them does not mean that feeling is universal.

There are those of us who have played alpha and beta and have read the posts and the tweets and watched the Q&A's and read the dev watercoolers and have, based on that research, formed an opinion about the direction of the game that runs contrary to our likes. What you like has nothing to do with it.

Just simply confounds me as to how you folks can form an opinion and automatically assume that if your opinion is positive that the same must therefore be true for everyone and if your opinion is negative that the same also must be true that whatever it is that you dislike must be a universally hated thing.

/smh
While my questions have been answered, the strange journey this thread is now traveling is most entertaining.

Just remember that Beta is vert fluid, and we've all been had before.

Beta is not so fluid that major centerpiece features like warfronts and islands are going to get entirely scrapped or reworked less than 2 months out from release. Game Dev simply does not move fast enough for that.

Clearly you've forgotten about WoD.
Just remember that Beta is very fluid, and we've all been had before.

The questing is very nice, as are the dungeons. It's hardly surprising as it is the content Blizzard struggles with the least every expansion.

Again : I'm not telling anyone what they like or not, simply inferring from the Beta forums and the feedback on them. The overarching opinion seems to be "content good, classes bad" (TL;DR). Well Classes are coming in 8.0 for everyone. Content requires the expansion.

Simply statements for the OP to make a better informed opinion. If his reasons are other than classes, that's on him to make the informed decision.
You presume that I lack information on what BfA is bringing to the game. The information I was lacking was what I can expect by NOT purchasing the next expansion.

Reading what others say they like and do not like is all good and fine, however do not assume that each person you meet is going to have the same opinions. Even when the final conclusion is the same, the reasoning behind the conclusion can be as wildly variant as there are people on the planet.
I'm in the same boat.

I have said this before in other threads, this will be the 1st time since I began playing WoW ..mid WotLK that I have not pre-purchased a new expac and taken a week off work to play at launch.

Recently decided to work on the 300 mount 300 toys and 400 pets.Which has me in Pandaria most of the time...most fun I have had in game in a while.

I really dig WoW and I'm not keen to play other games....I like this game.Ever so slowly I have found it harder to play it the way I want to play it,and I know it's not a me problem.I have a certain play style which has not really changed until recently.

All that said, I will keep my ear to the ground and if things start to look up I may get into BfA...or I may not.

It is what it is.

Clearly you've forgotten about WoD.

I've forgotten. What major, centerpiece features were scrapped at this point of the WoD beta (roughly a month and a half from launch)? I was in that beta and I'm coming up with nothing. I mean, plenty was changed around earlier in that beta, but if something major was changed this close to launch, my memory is really leaky!
Do feel by not up grading.
You should be able to buy and sell the material's found on the new expansion?

Or be able to interact with others as they will not have the artifact?

We all have access to blue 880 weapons that have dropped randomly.
And the vender in everyone's class hall with 750's.

It is all in place for the loss of the weapons.
06/28/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Vynt
Do feel by not up grading.
You should be able to buy and sell the material's found on the new expansion?

Or be able to interact with others as they will not have the artifact?

We all have access to blue 880 weapons that have dropped randomly.
And the vender in everyone's class hall with 750's.

It is all in place for the loss of the weapons.

Lol. That is some rather hilarious misconceptions you have there. Seriously, gave ma good laugh.

The 880 argus blue weapon drops are merely for mog. The class armors from the order halls are poor man's versions of the MoP Gold Challenge Mode sets and again supposed to be for mog. (Especially since you would have much better gear by the time you unlocked the reputation requirements for most pieces.)
06/28/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Medeoan
You presume that I lack information on what BfA is bringing to the game.

No, you asked for information about AP, Artifacts, the questline in Silithus and the fate of the weapons. There was no presumption, your query to the forums made clear you lacked information about BfA.

06/28/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Medeoan
Even when the final conclusion is the same, the reasoning behind the conclusion can be as wildly variant as there are people on the planet.

Regardless, I was merely pointing out that if your beef is with classes, you're getting classes regardless.

I don't get your want to be mad and lash out at people giving you information.

If you're going to be this toxic about it, then you can stay in Legion content while the rest of us move on. Have a nice day regardless.
Purchase the expansion after all of the content is released then.